Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Another two virtuoso performances by Gilmour. Definitely our future captain.

You don't get back-to-back 90% pass completion rates against two top 12 teams if you're not an elite player.

His calmness, willingness to take the ball regardless of the situation and composure as well as his brilliant technique and passing is important to the team.

The great thing is that he's still improving.

I just wish we had a ball winner to play alongside him.

Definitely our future captain. Or should be.

Edited by Chripper

On 16/10/2024 at 17:52, bleedingums said:

Croatia game in particular, where I thought we saw his best overall performance despite the defeat, but over the past few games, it’s cemented in my mind that Gilmour should be the long term captain of this team going forward. 

I don't really subscribe much to the notion that your best player should be the captain.

Billy has never really struck me as the leader.

Anyway, Robbo, probably has at least one more cycle in him.

38 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I don't really subscribe much to the notion that your best player should be the captain.

Billy has never really struck me as the leader.

Anyway, Robbo, probably has at least one more cycle in him.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Definitely our best player and a leader on the pitch. However, I'm not sure if he's the right fit for it in terms of the off the pitch side of it. 

6 minutes ago, MJA73 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Definitely our best player and a leader on the pitch. However, I'm not sure if he's the right fit for it in terms of the off the pitch side of it. 

I think that's fair but I think we'd have said the same about Robertson when he was Gilmour's age, now Robertson's grown into the role well. There's no rush, anyway, as Robertson will at least be around until the end of next year, McGinn longer and McTominay probably even longer than him. 

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think that's fair but I think we'd have said the same about Robertson when he was Gilmour's age, now Robertson's grown into the role well. There's no rush, anyway, as Robertson will at least be around until the end of next year, McGinn longer and McTominay probably even longer than him. 

Yeah, time will tell. Agree McTominay is a likely candidate too.