Aberdeen v Hearts

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JTS98

There's always two sides to a physical game. Aberdeen are no shrinking violets and Hearts are right to meet that.

Uche is interesting. Obviously he's a physical player and he fouls defenders a lot. But equally, defenders get away with having two hands on him a lot of the time. We saw it with Considine several times today when the ball was in the air and Considine's starting position was two hands on Uche's back before taking a step back to give the impression of being backed into. This is textbook centrehalfery and we see it all over the world, but it works against physical attackers because referees the world over favour defenders when there's any doubt. Elvis used to be good at that.

Mark de Vries used to suffer from similar problems. I lost count of the number of times I saw him have fouls given against him when defenders had two arms wrapped around him. It's part and parcel of having a big forward.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

40 fouls in this match...........was it that bad or shite reffing?

Referee was a d1ck.

If he'd stepped in properly after about 30 minutes and red carded at least one Jambo, it might have stopped a lot of their niggling fouls. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Top minter quote of the season, and we were only 80 minutes into the first game. 

I bet you won't show your face again on here, you embarrassing wee twat 😅

Hiya Bob Hiya pal.  You seem quite raging for a guy whose team just made a fantastic comeback, albeit against bottom 6 shite.  Enjoy that win.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Referee was a d1ck.

If he'd stepped in properly after about 30 minutes and red carded at least one Jambo, it might have stopped a lot of their niggling fouls. 

tbf, I didnt see the match but I cant help but agree with everything you say........particularly this bit jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Referee was a d1ck.

I don't think there was anything that bad. The crowd were getting riled up and that always colours the view of a game. But I think there's an element of it being Hearts and people expecting to see certain things.

If you watch the game back you'll see that one of the luckiest to avoid a red was your own Ferguson.

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Top minter quote of the season, and we were only 80 minutes into the first game. 

I bet you won't show your face again on here, you embarrassing wee twat 😅

If only...

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Jacksgranda said:

If only...

Most of the Hibs boys are all right, but the desperation of a few of them to see Aberdeen trip up....even against Hearts......is laughably pathetic.

If gives me a wee tingle to know that yet another Dons win will eat them up just a bit more. 

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I hope this Hertzing continues vs the Roscoe's next weekend. Leveinho must stay mind.

Hertzing is not a thing like Hibsing.

You obviously have deleted from memory the long line ridiculously humiliating results Hibs had before 'Hibsing' became main stream. Which is understandable if that's part of your personal coping mechanism.

So much more work to do before we can aspire to Hibs legendary f**k-up expert status.

We were pish really, aside from a 10 or 15 minute spell. Washington and Naismith at least looked good when they came on.

Aberdeen weren't particularly impressive either and didn't really create much over the course of the game. The first goal was from a long punt and then a f**k-up between Berra and Zlamal, the former of whom should be benched in favour of Souttar and Halkett in future. They were rattled and had run out of ideas until we gifted the game back to them. That said, they've got more attacking options than us and will finish third this year.

Get Washington and Naismith into the starting line-up, Whelan(?) in to help us manage the game better and a forward-thinking midfielder to play alongside him and we'll be ok. Get Levein to f**k and we'll be even better.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

You obviously have deleted from memory the long line ridiculously humiliating results Hibs had before 'Hibsing' became main stream. Which is understandable if that's part of your personal coping mechanism.

So much more work to do before we can aspire to Hibs legendary f**k-up expert status.

Not taking it well.

That was brilliant, some game, and some contrast to the European games in style.

Hearts very physical and tough to watch all season, feel sorry for the loyal who go every week.

The subs made the team better and that’s what won the game. Hedges is easily my favourite of the new signings, class player. 

Good atmosphere and a huge boost before a tough trip Thursday.

The game had everything, and I thought the ref was ok. More lenient at times than some refs but so what. Red card was inevitable though for someone. Ironically came for 1 of Hearts better footballing players.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I feel your pain, hertzing it.  Two seasons of failure and another one on the way. hertzing it. 

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

We were pish really, aside from a 10 or 15 minute spell. Washington and Naismith at least looked good when they came on.

Aberdeen weren't particularly impressive either and didn't really create much over the course of the game. The first goal was from a long punt and then a f**k-up between Berra and Zlamal, the former of whom should be benched in favour of Souttar and Halkett in future. They were rattled and had run out of ideas until we gifted the game back to them. That said, they've got more attacking options than us and will finish third this year.

Get Washington and Naismith into the starting line-up, Whelan(?) in to help us manage the game better and a forward-thinking midfielder to play alongside him and we'll be ok. Get Levein to f**k and we'll be even better.

Aberdeen have options on paper, but as you pointed out they created very little against us.

I think what we saw after we made our subs was quite telling.

Naismith, Washington, Uche and Walker all worked well together and we scored two goals that were very different in character and Washington nearly had another one all in a few minutes.

Once we get settled and get them playing together I think we'll be a dangerous side.

Guest Bob Mahelp

McInnes's gamble of resting McGinn/Hedges in favour of Wilson/Wright didn't work out. 

Both were utter garbage and for 20 minutes before they were both hooked, they were drifting through the game offering nothing. 

Both are too lightweight for a game against Hearts. 

Archived