Serie A Thread

RiG

Milan bounced back from the midweek defeat to PSV by thrashing Udinese 5 - 1 at the San Siro. Juventus won as well meaning that its as you were at the top after they defeated Livorno 3 - 0. Inter and Lazio drew 0 - 0 and Roma won 2 - 0 against Messina.

Forza Milan! :D

Guest MichaelCollins

Granted - but it still has the best players in the world IMO :)

The Serie A goals per game average per season is higher than that of the Premiership!

serie A is still the best league in the world!

i reckon juve will win it again this year with milan 2nd, inter 3rd and fiorentina 4th. ;)

Hopefully napoli will get promoted to the serie b as well. Playing regional league yet getting the 5th highest average attendance in the country - stroll on ! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I caved and checked on the Milan result despite my mate recording it and me vowing not to spoil it but seemed like a cracking game won by the Nerazzuri 3 - 2. Adriano with a last minute goal I think it was. No sendings off but no doubt loads of racial abuse by the Inter fans.

Saw it last night and Inter are dirty great cheats. Cordoba should have been sent off as should have Veron and Figo. The first penalty was never a penalty. Martins barged Nesta who fell over and the Ref said Nesta had impeded the little shite. No mistake Adriano.

The Milan got a dodgy penalty themselves when Pirlos free kick was headed clear by Veron but Adriano was jumping with his hands raised and it clattered off him. Sheva scored from the spot.

Inter went in front again when Dida f'cked up again. Adrianos free kick was heading goalwards and Dida decided to palm it instead of catching the ball and martins followed up to fire Inter ahead again.

Milan equalised in the 84th minute with a Stam header but Adriano won it for Inter with a goal from a corner in injury time :angry:

Guest VanderDalgarno

A Season with Verona, great book.

Totally agree. I'm really interested in reading more of the author's (Tim Parks) work but can't find it anywhere in the sneck

Go into any half decent bookshop(Ottaker's in the Sneck? Travel Section maybe) and you'll find plenty, I am reading Italian Neighbours at the mo. Stick his name into Amazon author search and all will be revealed.

Archived