The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

We beat Dundee United 4-0 at Tannadice the week before you lot beat us 6-2 back in 2000, and I've never forgotten that and been fooled by pre-derby form, but I'd broadly agree with you that I expect us to win next week.

We have no excuse for not qualifiying for Europe based on what's in the league this season, and I think we will.

Tbf when that 6-2 game happened we only lost 1 game in the league against Celtic and we just won against Rangers the week before at home. 

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Tbf when that 6-2 game happened we only lost 1 game in the league against Celtic and we just won against Rangers the week before at home. 

I was just looking at the fixtures a minute ago and was surprised. We'd only lost one game other than to the OF, and we'd won our previous two games 3-0 against Motherwell at Tynecastle and then the 4-0 at Tannadice. My memory of it had always been that we'd been struggling, but that wasn't the case at all.

Still think it was a funny game. We led for almost half of it, and if we'd got to half time at 1-0 history would probably look very different. A proper collapse, mind.

One of the few seasons I've lived through where Hibs have just had a better team. Think that was the first season in something like 20-25 years where we failed to win a derby.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We beat Dundee United 4-0 at Tannadice the week before you lot beat us 6-2 back in 2000, and I've never forgotten that and been fooled by pre-derby form, but I'd broadly agree with you that I expect us to win next week.

We have no excuse for not qualifiying for Europe based on what's in the league this season, and I think we will.

The difference with that is I’m sure we beat the **** to go top of the league the week before that too.