Ayr United v Dundee

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

God no.

They tried a “speak your brains” segment on the first Sportscene of the new season and never repeated it, it was so bad.

Aye that was pish but if they get decent fans on, and not wee fandans who film themselves at games, and let them drink throughout, then it could be quality.

21 minutes ago, David W said:

I don't think Billy Dodds has ever said anything that I didn't know already.

I think thats a general problem with football "analysts" in general, not just Dodds.

They make absolutely no effort to educate those watching, instead they go on about confidence, conviction and other buzzwords which mean they dont have to do their actual jobs.

Striker balloons the ball over the bar from 10 yards out - "he's not hit that with any confidence". Utter shite. What about the strikers body position? Timing of the shot? Is his standing foot planted correctly? Etc.

They should be talking as if they taking a coaching session rather than just saying what they, and everyone watching, can clearly see.

Always find athletics and snooker commentators/analysts are good for this. Walk away feeling youve learned something.