Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order

naegoodinthedark

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about 6 or so hours into this.  It's absolutely tremendous.  It borrows little bits from other RPG/FPS titles, but still managing to be distinct and have it's own style.  Also, BD-1 is my favourite droid in Star Wars history.

• 3 months later...

Good game, with elements of God of War, Unchartered etc.

However, it is without a doubt the buggiest game I have played on the PS4. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I have had to quit and restart. The save mechanism doesn’t help this either.

• 2 weeks later...
Good game, with elements of God of War, Unchartered etc.

However, it is without a doubt the buggiest game I have played on the PS4. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I have had to quit and restart. The save mechanism doesn’t help this either.
The save mechanism is doing my head in! Amount of times I've gotten to what I think is the brink of another meditation spot before falling down a ravine for the 5th time. Usually end up turning it off in a huff at that point.

• 9 months later...

Finished this tonight. Agree with the frustration in the glitches but other than that thought it was a great game. Good story and enjoyable gameplay, haven’t played many of the games where the combat was so gruelling (dark souls the one I kept reading was it similar to) but makes it all the more enjoyable when you complete it. 
Played the whole thing in Jedi master difficulty but after about 100 attempts (no exaggeration) I succumbed to putting the level down for the last part of the game, I would’ve patched it entirely otherwise. 
Would definitely recommend if you can find this for £30 or so now!

Finished this tonight. Agree with the frustration in the glitches but other than that thought it was a great game. Good story and enjoyable gameplay, haven’t played many of the games where the combat was so gruelling (dark souls the one I kept reading was it similar to) but makes it all the more enjoyable when you complete it. 
Played the whole thing in Jedi master difficulty but after about 100 attempts (no exaggeration) I succumbed to putting the level down for the last part of the game, I would’ve patched it entirely otherwise. 
Would definitely recommend if you can find this for £30 or so now!

Said this on the other thread but it’s free on EA Play

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I had to move it down for a couple of boss fights later in the game but stuck with Jedi Master otherwise.

Aye the boss fights towards the end are virtually impossible on the higher level setting! I also finished it over Xmas, including exploring the entire map and finding all the boxes, it never ceased to amaze me how far some of the maps went and how much you actually miss out if you're simply running through the story.

8 hours ago, Widge said:

Aye the boss fights towards the end are virtually impossible on the higher level setting! I also finished it over Xmas, including exploring the entire map and finding all the boxes, it never ceased to amaze me how far some of the maps went and how much you actually miss out if you're simply running through the story.

The side quests are arguably as good storywise as the main quest, the one in the crashed venator with the jedi and the padwan was damn good

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

f**k me this game is hard. The fighting is murder

If you're fighting the big creature on the first planet then just leave him and come back. 

I was loving the game got to that c**t, tried 100 times before I had to turn the difficulty right down, beat the boss and turned it back up. (I feel the guilt still to this day) I googled it and most people just said they came back for him when levelled up. 

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am on zenoff, I think that's it's name. I keep dying.  I tried to beat the big toad thing but knew I'd have to come back to it.

Aye it was the big road guy I was on about. 

• 1 month later...

Just defeated the boss (I won't name them in case it spoils anything) in Chapter 5 after far too many attempts. I was tempted to reduce the difficulty level, but I knew I'd never forgive myself. The elation when it was finally over was palpable!