Pars vs Arbroath

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

Nice wee interview with Dick Campbell on Sportsound there. He was told it’s around 833 games he’s had as a manager, he just replied “aye, ah‘ve made an arse eh a few eh them!”

He was talking so sincerely of Dunfermline as well, I didn’t realise he and Paton actually signed Stevie Crawford.

They didn't! Crawford signed on loan in November 99. Paton left in January 99, so it was Campbell and Nicholl who signed him on loan and Calderwood who signed him permanently.

I think it was just him at the time with Jimmy Nicholl as number two. Wasn't long before Calderwood.

They didn't! Crawford signed on loan in November 99. Paton left in January 99, so it was Campbell and Nicholl who signed him on loan and Calderwood who signed him permanently.

Poor old Dick is getting all mixed up in that case! He said it was him and Paton who signed Crawford.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Poor old Dick is getting all mixed up in that case! He said it was him and Paton who signed Crawford.

It was nearly 20 years ago to be fair! He was close as it was him he signed Crawford.

9 minutes ago, smpar said:

Whoa, dick never gets anything wrong in interviews. 

Fwiw I'm a big fan of Campbell, great guy. 

Some point in the next 45 minutes I’m guessing.

Is Crawford under serious threat of losing his job should we lose tonight? Probably not if Alloa and Partick continue their shitiness, which is a joke.

Arbroath like a foul, don't they? To be fair there have only been two bits of football played - one when Turner should have done better and he'd have been in on goal, and one when Arbroath moved the ball quickly but there was no takers for the final cross. We seem to just think that pace, quick passing and urgency is only to be used if we are behind with 10 minutes to play. We are so one-paced (and a slow pace at that) it's not funny.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Another nice goal - more patience in the build up, a lovely pass, a nicely timed run (Arbroath looking for an offside flag as Nisbet was in acres of space but I think he was on), an excellent first touch and a tidy finish.

Looked like the right back was playing him on. 

Yay. Looking at the fixtures we’ve actually got a good run ahead of us. Time to build and get ourselves up the table before a brutal couple of away games in December to Dundee and ICT back to back.