You Don't Have It So Bad..

Infamous 7-0

the team is built around two above-average players and an ageing, useless goalkeeper.

scotland are not expected to win every game - england are.

where are the heroes? where are the shearers, adamses, butchers and pearces? it's more like an episode of bloody popstars than a football team.

england are not the national team - they are a team for the south of england. how would you feel if the national team played all its home games in galashiels??

there's not the same atmosphere there is at a scotland game as there is an england one.

ATB for the iceland game.

Guest mabozza ricci
:angry: Iain i wouldnt say we DEFINETELY had the players to top the group- at least, most of the squad Berti Bassett named is utter shite, while we have got decent players sitting on their holes this weekend, or playing for the under 21s. When we get rid of the proven failures like Dailly, Sullivan and McCann, along with the second rate crap like Alexander, Malcolm, Dobie, Kyle, Gray( who ive seen in the flesh and is fkn bollocks) and Jamie fkn Smith (who ran the baw oot the park 8 times against Liverpool at Cellic Park) and replace them with Wilkie, Anderson, McFadden, O'Connor, Severin and Iain Murray, not to mention Gareth Williams, Kevin Harper and Calum Davidson, who play for decent Nationwide teams unlike most of the English based guys the fkr keeps on picking.

Guest mabozza ricci

Actually Infamous i reckon the atmos will be very very good this weekend, its the new manager(though i refuse to jump on the Bertie's Tartan Army pish bandwagon) first Saturday game at home, and hopefully with 40,000 patriots getting tanked up on tales of past glories and a few Super Ally's before the game we can take the roof off the fkn place. Not been like that since the England game, or the game we qualified for the 98 WC (2-0 v Latvia t the Tottie Bowl).

Actually Infamous i reckon the atmos will be very very good this weekend, its the new manager(though i refuse to jump on the Bertie's Tartan Army pish bandwagon) first Saturday game at home, and hopefully with 40,000 patriots getting tanked up on tales of past glories and a few Super Ally's before the game we can take the roof off the fkn place. Not been like that since the England game, or the game we qualified for the 98 WC (2-0 v Latvia t the Tottie Bowl).

mabozza, i was trying to point out the atmosphere is better for scotland games.

90 mins of an england match features scapegoating, bigotry, racism and anti-secteranism amongst other things.

Guest mabozza ricci

You mention scapegoating as if its a bad thing- personally if we get horsed i wnat to see heads hang in shame for it, not clowns dancing around terraces cos we just got gubbed by fking Iceland. If the English can teach us one thing, its how to approach high-profile events- their way is far better than the sh1te we get lumpned with from the SFA. I bet there aint even anything pre-match to get the crowd going either on Saturday, except us doing it for our bloody selves.

When we get rid of the proven failures like Dailly, Sullivan and McCann,

Personally I think Sullivan is by far the best keeper available to us, or at least has been over the past four or five years anyway. Apparently he had a nightmare against the Republic but as I missed that game I can't comment any further on it. Unquestionably it can't have helped him not having played first team football this year and, with Rab Douglas finally starting to look at least vaguely like a goalkeeper, it is probably right that he gets the staring nod but Sullivan has done a tremendous job for us over the years in my opinion.

Think Neil McCann's been a bit unlucky too. He can be devastating, England at Wembley being the obvious example, but like most wingers he can be a passenger sometimes too. Inherently he would be a more consistent player if he played more often at club level. Unfortunately he isn't and so probably isn't worth an international role at the moment. I wouldn't dismiss him from maybe coming good again though if he gets away from Ibrox a la Kenny Miller.

Dailly? Aye, well, not sure about him right enough but not sure we've anybody better either, certainly not convinced by either Anderson or Wilkie who were both made to look very average indeed by Canada!

the team is built around two above-average players and an ageing, useless goalkeeper.

scotland are not expected to win every game - england are.

where are the heroes? where are the shearers, adamses, butchers and pearces? it's more like an episode of bloody popstars than a football team.

england are not the national team - they are a team for the south of england. how would you feel if the national team played all its home games in galashiels??

there's not the same atmosphere there is at a scotland game as there is an england one.

ATB for the iceland game.

England are in reality at the moment a fairly ordinary side which gets by on reputation (a bit like the Germans in that respect) and a couple of inspirational players. If they played as they should they'd be a decent international side, not a top one maybe but certainly the rung below. Sven however seems almost as clueless as Bertie with his tactics and frequent changes. And how he can possibly not have James Beattie in the side is beyond me!

Beckham is a tremendous asset to the team. Without being the most naturally talented player in the World (let's face it he's no Zidane) he is as good a crosser as anybody, as good a dead ball deliverer as anybody, brilliant at free kicks in shooting distance and works all over the park. He doesn't have the pure football talent of say Joe Cole but I know which one would be first on my teamsheet given the choice.

Owen is getting better all the time when he's actually fit. I used to think he was over-rated and all about pace but he has developed a fair bit since then, another World Class striker, albeit a bit of a diver though not in the Franny Jeffers category.

"where are the shearers" - Sitting at home retired from International football despite still being the best in the business in the case of the real one and sitting at home inexplicably not selected despite outscoring the media's favourite darling Thierry Henry with unfashionable Southampton in the case of the natural successor!

As for the rest, Campbell and Ferdinand when fit are decent defenders who can cut it on the international stage. Not sure about anyone else being top class really and Seaman certainly should have gone even before the World Cup.

Sullivan and McCann aren't good enough. Sullivan has cost Scotland goals more times than is acceptable at international level. He isn't good enough any more.

McCann is barely SPL quality let alone international class. I've lost count of the number of times he's been completely outclassed by kids or journeymen. Ayr's Willie Lyle in the recent cup game being a good example. Bad as Scotland are, we don't need McCann.

Sullivan has cost Scotland goals more times than is acceptable at international level.

Okay then. Outside of the recent Republic of Ireland friendly, name one.

And if you can actually find one, then name another one you can honestly blame Sullivan for.

You'll be lucky if you can find more than a couple in a career spanning over four years.

Guest mabozza ricci

Both games against Belgium, Skyline? 2-0 up against 10 fkn men, and he decides to do a Jesus Christ impression, ala sh1ts himself when a cross comes near him. Two crosses, two goals and hey presto were half way out the World Cup. Six months later, the fkn diddy shouts at Hendry to go to the striker, rather than allow Braveheart to take him out in his usual 'ill wait till he comes to me 'style. Hendry gets the piss taken out of him, ba's in the net and the Tartan Army start fking dancing. Oh, and the bugger is fkin English too. Still want him in the side? Douglas may be the best constipation curer this side of David Seaman but at least he's Scottish.

Gary Neville has already been slabbering in the press that Engl@nd have to win Euro 2004 or World Cup 2006 or they will be failures. Let's hope that all this slabbering builds into yet another hysterical we're going to win the cup campaign by the fools. At least Scotland learned its lesson from '78.

Ideal scenario will be for Scotland to push the Germans into 2nd place and for the Germans to put the English out in the play-offs on penalties. :D

With Captian Becks skying his penalty over the bar. :P

Guest mabozza ricci

St.Sid you are one negative mofo. That is one of the few things i LIKE about England, ok they are hugely overbearing and arrogant when it comes to Scotland but like i said in another post their country really knows how to rally behind them when they get to a Finals, and their aims (which thankfullyhave never materialised) once they are there are to get to the later stages and look to be winning it, not this Scotland/Ireland idea that its ok to put out world class teams in your group stage but have a laugh at the Finals- wrong, whats the point i even qualifying if you aint looking at your options for success. On a similar note i think the fact that the World Cup having 32 teams has only increased this belief that its ok to fanny about at these events, the dsooner we get back to 16 teams trying to win the thing the better for all of us, even if that means Scotland dont get in, because whats the point if people admit they cant win it?

That'll be the wonderful English fans and media that have ripped apart manager after manager to the point where no f'k'r is prepared to take the England job on.

Mabozza, as a Clyde fan do you believe that Clyde will win the Champions League within the next 3 years and if they don't that the entire team and manager should be pilloried in the press and treated like they are a disgrace to, well romany or wherever the Bully Wee claim is home ;)

Its won thing supporting and hoping, but its another to expect miracles and then lose the plot and burn out your local grocer when your lottery ticket isn't a jackpot winner ;)

Guest mabozza ricci

I didnt say i agreed with their press reactions to floppoing at these event Sid-i only made the point that at least they can talk themselves up albeit totally shamelessly. Dont be so fkin stupid as to your talk of Clyde winning the CL. What WOULD piss me off is if we got there and then found no-one gave ash1t about how well we did.

I didnt say i agreed with their press reactions to floppoing at these event Sid-i only made the point that at least they can talk themselves up albeit totally shamelessly. Dont be so fkin stupid as to your talk of Clyde winning the CL. What WOULD piss me off is if we got there and then found no-one gave ash1t about how well we did.

Well I could have used the example of Clyde winning the 1st Division but I'd have been laughed off the board. :lol:

You can't have it both ways. If the players, fans and management set their expectations at winning the world cup then they are always going to get slaughtered when they fail.

Scotland's expectations are simply realistic, as in qualifying is an achievement in itslef with an outstanding performance and effectively the current holy grail being getting past the first round proper. To say that nobody would care if that happened or we went even further is daftiness. :wacko:

Guest mabozza ricci

You miss my point by a fkn mile again Sid- basically (lets talk Scotland) if Scotland were to qulaify then obviously we will have had to knock out at least one decent team ourselves, but whats the point in us ,say, finishng top of a group with Germany in it only to go to these finals,land a group with say Norway, Romania and Belgium, and make no serious attempt to get into that second round by claiming 'we had exceeded expectations getting there'. The way i see it, even if you have exceeded what you hoped for yourself, then you must be better than you think- therefore, why the hell shouldnt you be looking at doing even better? It's called progress, Sid, and there aint nearly enough of it in our game at present.

Guest mabozza ricci

And anyway, those who are saying how second place would be an acheivment are at it- if we dont get second place at least then yes Sid i WILL be calling for everyone at the SFA to pack their bags and take their bloody incapable asses back to from whence they came.

if Scotland were to qulaify then obviously we will have had to knock out at least one decent team ourselves, but whats the point in us ,say, finishng top of a group with Germany in it only to go to these finals,land a group with say Norway, Romania and Belgium, and make no serious attempt to get into that second round by claiming 'we had exceeded expectations getting there'.

Surely Norway, Romania and Belgium will also have knocked out decent teams too.

For a kick off Norway and Romania are in the same group and will also have to se off Denmark to qualify.

Belgium will have to see off Croatia and Bulgaria.

Scotland do not have any right to claim that we should beat any of these sides.

Here's a few other we would not expect to beat: England; France; Czech Republic; Holland; Austria; Sweden; Poland; Hungary; Germany; Iceland; Spain; Ukraine; Greece; Turkey; Slovakia; Italy; Finland; Wales; Serbia & Montenegro; Eire; Russia; Switzerland; Portugal and that's just in Europe.

You can support your team 100% without having to live in dreamland. :wacko:

Archived