You Don't Have It So Bad..

Infamous 7-0

Guest mabozza ricci

Ive seen enough to come to a conclusion where we agree to differ, Sid. You quite blatantly ignore what i have said, which was that we are always talking about OTHER sides, not our own, and inmy opinion half the teams you name are beatable in a one-off international- in fact, wat a minute, arent ALL internationals one-off games? Im sorry if this sounds arrogant on a scale with the English you all so detest but if Scotland fans are happy not expecting us to beat Icelnd, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland or Austria then whats the f*cking point in us even playing the game? For me, the top teir of teams are obviously far far greater than us, with perhaps the likes of England, Sweden, Denmark Czech and Turkey being just under them but still way above us, the likes of Wales, Finland, Slovenia and Poland i think we would be able to beat at home (and even should expect to be able to) but we would find it hugely difficult getting anything away from home, or in a Finals match against any of them at present. Persoanlly, i am expecting Scotand to run out convincing 3-1 winners tomorrow (our defence will have Christain F*cking Dailly in it so Gudjohnsen will be good for a consolation) and follow it upw ith a 1-0 win in Lithuania. Jesus Christ i better watch and not get barred from the site, i'm showing too mch confidence in my team........

I don't think we're actually that far apart in our thinking. I expect Scotland to win tomorrow and that's not just wishful thinking. And I agree with your two goal cushion.

Another way to look at is is that should these other teams not think that they should expect to beat Scotland. Sadly if I was them I would ;)

The bottom line is we should get behind the team no matter what, but not by singing f'k'n doh a dear whilst laughing at ourselves. By all means enjoy the games no matter what the result as I'm sure all non-OF fans do but the team should be supported like they are our best and with some pride. Especially when there are pr!cks like Ferguson that won't even play for their country. Get behind the players and Bertie instead of behaving like Jim bawbag Traynor and the like. :D

Both games against Belgium, Skyline? 2-0 up against 10 fkn men, and he decides to do a Jesus Christ impression, ala sh1ts himself when a cross comes near him. Two crosses, two goals and hey presto were half way out the World Cup. Six months later, the fkn diddy shouts at Hendry to go to the striker, rather than allow Braveheart to take him out in his usual 'ill wait till he comes to me 'style. Hendry gets the piss taken out of him, ba's in the net and the Tartan Army start fking dancing. Oh, and the bugger is fkin English too. Still want him in the side? Douglas may be the best constipation curer this side of David Seaman but at least he's Scottish.

Aye, I'll give you one from the first game against Belgium. To be honest that was the one which immediately sprung to my mind when I tried to think of any you could blame him for. But not two. And I don't remember thinking at all that he had any culpability on the two in Belgium when he kept us in touch with a string of fine saves incidentally.

As for the English thing well that's up to each man's conception. I personally couldn't give a flying hoot if he or anyone else was born in Outer Mongolia and has never seen Scotland. If he's eligible to play under the rules, willing to give his all and good enough then that'll do me. I can't be doing with this insular, disnae know all the words to every Corries song so he shouldn't be allowed near the team nonsense. It never did the Irish any harm did it? And it allowed them to develop their own game to the point where they are now producing their own quality kids and don't need to go scratching about for loose connections.

There are those who conceptually want only purebred Scots in the side. It's a valid opinion but not one I share and never the twain will meet I think. For me I couldn't give a hoot if Rab Douglas can trace his roots back to find his kin fought with Wallace. If both are eligible and Sullivan is better I'd want him in.

So, yes, I'd still want him in the side ideally. That said, as I said above, as long as he's not playing at club level I don't see how he can play for the international side so Douglas must play for now.

scotland are not expected to win every game - england are.

England are strugling to beat Leitenstein (spelling?). They have had a couple of decent attempts on target.Owen has just scored a header.

Wouldn't it be funny if the home team won :D:D:D:D

COME ON LEITENSTEIN

England are strugling to beat Leitenstein (spelling?). They have had a couple of decent attempts on target.Owen has just scored a header.

COME ON LEITENSTEIN

i was listening to radio 5 and alan green was going on and on about how s*** leichtenstein are and then when he'd finished how s*** england were.

and there'll be more of the same in tommorow's papers no doubt!

COME ON LEITENSTEIN

i was listening to radio 5 and alan green was going on and on about how s*** leichtenstein are and then when he'd finished how s*** england were.

and there'll be more of the same in tommorow's papers no doubt!

Not seen the papers today but ceefax/teletext were saying basically the same thing.

How must england fans feel that they struggle to beat the 4th smallest side in the world but they were supposidly one of the favourites for last years world cup and will no doubt be one of the favourites for euro2004. well in an english mans mind anyway.

Guest mabozza ricci

International football is not what it used to be. The last time we faced Iceland in the 86 World Cup qualifying group they were along witht he likes of Finland, Greece, Turkey, Wales et al who were the perennial whipping boys of each group, and who no-one could realistically recover form dropping points against. Saturday was however different, they have developed a relatively succesful way of playing the game and lets not forget they had more Premiership/foreign based players then we did. The international game, in Europe anyway, has become more balanced to the extent where if you win your home games and pick up around 6 points on your travels you will not be far from going through. Teams are inmproving all the time (and we will start to once we follow THEIR lead and play our talented youngsters, NOT our overpaid experienced flops) and 2-0 anywhere is not to be sniffed at. Take the break up of the Euro map in the 90s- were it stil the same, we would not have Croatia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Belarus, and only one of the Czechs or Slovaks, all of whom have risen from very strong footballing nations to form their own identities within the game. In saying that we as a country have NO right to beat anyone(just like no-one has the right to beat us), that has to be earned wherever and whoever you are playing. There is a difference between expecting your team to win and disparaging the opposition at every turn, ij this day and age it is not welcome or necessary for teams to treat others with disrespect. I know i said the English should sometimes be admired for the way they tlak themselves up ,but when they react by labbeling the oppostion 'crap' on live national telly they lose any dignity the b*stards ever built up.COME ON YE TURKEY.

I caght the very end of the monday night footie program that is on Channel 5 I think. It was Butch Wilkins and some non-entity Englander. Wilkins was waxing lyrical about the lightening quick passing game of the Turks when the nobody pipes in with the usual jingoistic sh!te that is all to common in Jimmy Hill wannabees. Credit to Wilkins who looked genuinely embaressed by this inadquates ramblings.

I'm a big fan of the Turks game and expect them to beat England. Great news on the betting front. Odds of 7/2 for the Turks has just been posted on B&Warmy.com. Plus there is a handicap bet available that still gives you over 2/1 whilst eliminating the draw. :D

Archived