Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

Semi final!

Leg 1

image.thumb.png.e075e336c137178c62ca27cb7724b503.png

Well that's a sickener. Better team but their keeper was making a few great saves and we smashed the woodwork a coupla times. I think they are a better team than us so I'm not hopeful

2nd leg
image.thumb.png.d3985cb4a6d9deac01e714d82ff47d36.png

Gutted. Howler from our keeper and a short back pass from our left back cost us. That and my golden boy Yaisien missing a sitter in injury time.

There are reasons why I might jump ship at this point. The club is heavily in debt. We'll see what jobs are available but maybe a two/three year job to clear the debt and rebuild

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

CAF Champions League first round was against some mob from Zimbabwe
image.thumb.png.e4dfc5db6259ac4850875e02115d8b2d.png

This all happened during pre-season so I played the best XI in the first match and those who were short of match fitness in the second. Quite chuffed.

Now, in the 2nd round, we got Orlanda Pirates. South African champions and a team with a four wins out of four record against Al Ahly. Then, to make matters worse, I forgot to change the tactics I was using when I was trying something out in pre-season games. Because of that (or despite that) we conceded two away goals

image.thumb.png.b0384454981fa1a10d54617617c49cac.png

Losing an injury time goal against ten men was a right shanner. Leaves us a very tricky away tie in South Africa

image.thumb.png.eee8d572f418be279e0ab53781035e12.png

Through to the group stage! Not an easy group tho

image.png.347e949a9813b943627a2c9b7c8ff7f3.png

Ivory Coast and Nigerian champions and 2nd place in the Egyptian league last year

image.thumb.png.7f5216178c9281bba79c452f71c4d92b.png

Here's my best XI (according to my assistant) and I don't disagree all that much. Weak in CM in the sense that the guys I play there all have other positions they prefer to play in but a lot of exciting attacking options and good back four and keeper.

Boadu is Ghana's first choice keeper. Solid but enjoys throwing the ball to an opposition striker about once a month. Apart from that he's solid.
Thiago isn't awesome but will be and he's on a two year loan from Palmeiras. D RLC DM C and both footed.
Dramé was my best centre back last year until I signed Salah. Almost certainly the best centre back pairing in Africa. 
Carioca was on the fringes of my Gremio team the entire time I was there. He had loan spells at Porto and Levanta so surprised I got him in. Only for six months tho'. DRLC but can do a job on the wings as well
Megahed can cover in central defence, which is where I signed him for, but turns out he loves a 30 yard screamer when playing in midfield too. 
Kamal can easily start in MC, AML or SC and not let me down. Him, Yaisien (AM RL SC) and Eduardo (MC AM RLC SC) get traded around the various forward roles but Eduardo's starting to make the SC position hi own.
Farouk is one of those guys who stats never seem amazing but does the job asked from the left wing. I do like Yaisien out there tho so Nagy (MC AMR) plays AMR a decent amount but he's another I like im MC which means Farouk gets a decent run out.
Ahmed Mahmoud might prefer MR but he's another AM RLC SC so is part of that tombola of AM/S players I have. I like him in AMC. Has a habit of running ahead of the strikers I like.

Despite raking in the money a year ago by selling a few good players and cutting the wage bill we're still losing money. I think this will be my last season here no matter what

image.thumb.png.b4112331b9ded13017ed71572e089cdf.png

Now, in the league, I am constantly rotating as my team was absolutely fucked by this point last season when I arrived. This has lead to a surprising iffy patch (a draw and defeat) early doors but been winning everything since

image.thumb.png.2faedb6798f77686b2847059fde82daa.png

Squad stats

image.thumb.png.fe767d8362662efa84f7fcac825e4201.png

Carioca is away in a week after he knocked back ma contract offer for some Brazilian mob. Our other loanee full back from Brazil done his cruciate but we can't cancel his loan. He's been punted to the reserves. Nae money to bring anyone else in. I have some decent young, foreign full backs out on loan so I'll see if I can bring them back otherwise I'm re-training wingers as my Egyptian back ups are shite.

Now, as part of the cost cutting measures, I loaned out anyone who wasn't a first choice starter. Annoyingly this happened after the Champions League registration and we were not given a chance to register new players at the start of the group stage so our squad is very limited. Luckily my first choice XI stayed but, in one CL game, we had two subs and one was a keeper. The other times we've had five subs and two were keepers. The inability to buy and the lack of quality at full back might f**k the CL for me this year but my first XI is no worse than the best teams in Africa.

image.thumb.png.a71818c7621f85a1b688ddba5bf34116.png

Enyimba away will be tricky. Wadi Degla I've smashed everytime we faced them apart from that 2-0 defeat so confident of six points v them and ASEC. Should be fine to go through. Should be.

Well we managed to register players for the last three Champions League matches. Drew away to Enyimba, humped my Egyptian pals at home and this was enough to confirm qualification so played the weans away to ASEC who got a draw
image.thumb.png.1791fac04183ce9516302619ca723f4e.png

We have won 19 in a row in the league and we're 11 points clear with ten games to go. Yaisien kept knocking back Chinese clubs but the first offer was, like, £2.5 mill upfront. I eventually accepted a £14 million bid from Bournemouth! In the end he knocked back everyone to stay with us. As for the full back positions...

Samir I signed last year and though I paid over the odds but he has improved a huge amount and is a great left back and I brought up this South African fella from the reserves who had went the first half of the season unregistered and he's managed to bang in the goals from right back even tho he's a natural centreback.

image.thumb.png.912f82c2b63e674057ae17cc2144dc9a.png

image.thumb.png.6521359913606ea2f50cc5f854e3b3f8.png

Ahmed Mahmoud went to Vasco de Gama for £1,500,000 and a young Nigerian lad I had in the reserves went to Porto for £500k

Despite that we are further in debt than we were three months ago. 

Let's get the domestic stuff out the way. FIrst of all the FA Cup. Once again I played the weans...

image.thumb.png.7054699d246f368000c1c2068ab0d364.png

Lost 1-0 away to the team 2nd in the league. I aint fussed but the board were absolutely fuming. I liked this cup tho. One of those "everyone in" numbers with 14-0 humpings in the first round and that.

So I think, in the end, we went 21 wins in a row. We won the league with a month to spare so there's a few draws and defeats at the end while we rested players.

image.thumb.png.49d0f31302a7f14683492d4b855246a9.png

image.thumb.png.24f31be8b7e2077c7ee8a53200f59209.png

Now before I show ye "my" players I signed a striker on a free at the start of the season. Young player who I thought might not get much game time with Yasien, Eduardo, etc. ahead of him and he wasn't Egyptian so I loaned him out so he didn't take up one of the five foreigner spots. To say he has improved would be an understatement

image.thumb.png.108f308fce17d405db46752de23c8215.png

He joined El Gouna halfway through the season, 41 goals in 31 games and brought them from the bottom half to second. I've never been so in love with a player who's never played for me.

image.thumb.png.376471a197a811408722510155ac9632.png

Boadu is a really good keeper 90% of the time but loves the odd howler and whinge. 

Eduardo is away back to Gremio after this season and on the fringe of the Portugal squad. Yaisien is possibly world class. Drame is the best central defender in Africa. Of the rest Mtshali, sadly out of the CAF final, has been a relevation at right back and Ahmed El Masry has a great scoring record considering he's barely started.

Champions League tho?

Quarter final v Moroccan champions Raja Casablanca.

image.png.16f58395a0cf9bcf876473225b9e5e8f.png

They were the better team and deserved the win. Was fairly confident of a win in the 2nd leg but no away goals was a worry

image.png.38cd71d53de582e69c224e722fcebebb.png

No need to worry. Absolutely smashed them. Now onto the Saffa champs for the semi final

image.png.71cb12a773c0acadfb43716332c18f9e.png

Early goals settled the nerves and we didn't concede any away goals

image.png.231170b8feb23ee91ef1a29ffeac2055.png

They were all over us after they scored that third. Lucky not to go 4-1 down a coupla times but El Masry sealed it to take us to the final we should have made last year...

image.thumb.png.eb31d4080df6595481be37a2afa2750c.png

Yaisien comes in from the right wing to start upfront. Not much else to say. First choice right back injured and hoping Megahed can smash in a 30 yard stunner

image.thumb.png.bf76088904617b59ca4a2665a4078f5d.png

Good, direct running from Hugo but he was tackled at the edge of the box, Megahed hit the loose ball out right and Ibrahim chipped it to the back post for Kamal to run onto and head into the corner

Pretty even at half time....

image.png.1df015cd16650299006c212014f25c3b.png

image.thumb.png.78b2e8e082334e864198e9c18644be81.png

Cross from the right headed clear but not clear enough as some wee dick spanked it into the bottom corner

image.thumb.png.059a440383f5f2a25a6142480da45fd3.png

Great run from the left from the full back into the box, he was tackled and Kamal picked it up and slid it into Yaisien. He had a defender in front so backheeled it to Hugo who had a near enough open goal.

image.png.7c1acb60d7fcc0baf69f4ea34a68d50b.png

Good luck. I started with Philadelphia in my 08 save and lucked out a trophy first season before falling to shit, spending a month at Portland before going to China.

It's probably fun in the long term with a decent budget, there's all kinds of roster pick swaps etc and you have to make your foreign signings really count.

I fucking hate the MLS. I don't have the patience or inclination to understand all these fucked up roster rules. However my 3rd and 4th games were the Canadian Championship semi final and I got through. If I win it then it gets me into the North American Champions League so I'll stay for a season. Already put all transfer patter into the hands of the DoF and just ignoring it. If I don't win it I'll be out of here pronto

image.thumb.png.5f17771a6e5ec63235a0bb9731f0b421.png 

Position is still precarious but I won the Canadian Championship despite my DoF selling off two of my best players and bringing no-one in. I hate this league. If I get sacked I will remove it from the game but seeing as I am in the Champions League next year I'll stick it out. I think.