Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Of all the nurses in the world I can’t say I’d choose a fat, ugly one with veiny tits tbh.

Oot the road then.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

So the upshot in all of this is, either you'll die in the near future from it. Or if you survive you'll most probably be unemployed and lose your house.

Can't see football, gigs, pubs, restaurants on the go until a vaccine arrives, which is probably a couple of years away.

Tough times.

tenor.gif

They might have a child on the way
Too many folk missed the nuanced point about not wishing someone dead - and genuinely not caring about them at all.

Most folk i speak to are not at all saddened by the prospect of him dying (or anyone at the sun for that matter).

But actively hoping for someone's death just seems a step too far.

So hoping that all sun employees (especially the decision makers) are financially ruined by this is definitely acceptable.

(yes i am assuming the title of moral guardian of p&b... for the time being anyway)

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

America looks fucked.

Imagine a system based on ability to pay, coupled with an incompetent and probably criminally negligent president,  being unable to cope with a pandemic.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Imagine a system based on ability to pay, coupled with an incompetent and probably criminally negligent president,  being unable to cope with a pandemic.  

Just dont be black and poor in America.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/coronavirus-race.html

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't understand when people say that. It makes a smaller number of sick people seem more important than a larger number of sick people.

If people want to compare how bad things are in various countries deaths per million is the number to look for. The US is not in the leading pack on that because they only have a serious problem in a few of their larger cities so far where there is greater population density and people use public transport at western European sort of levels.

That’s probably because you’ve fallen for the current tears and snotters meltdown of the UK and US media, as China records literally zero daily deaths while their own governments contrive to make a roaring c**t of it on a daily basis.
You genuinely think that Wuhan, a city of 12 million people, where people were literally getting welded into their flats records less deaths than New York or London.

Aye nae bother. Wouldn't surprise me if it's tens of thousands in that city alone.

4 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

You genuinely think that Wuhan, a city of 12 million people, where people were literally getting welded into their flats records less deaths than New York or London.

Aye nae bother. Wouldn't surprise me if it's tens of thousands in that city alone.

They will argue they took extreme measures to kill the outbreak dead in its tracks.  

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. 

They need to normalise the number of cases to be per capita population to provide a sensible comparison. If they did Belgium would be much more of a talking point at the moment.
It really wouldn't be. You can also do that for New York state which pisses all over Belgium.

9 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

The part where people were being welded into their flats may have something to do with the lower number of deaths.

The part where people were being welded into their flats may have something to do with the lower number of deaths.
Weeks before lockdown there were people getting infected left right and centre with Wuhan pneumonia but nothing to see here. There were literally hundreds infected and the Chinese were still trying to insist that there's no human to human transmission. Yes they enforced a stricter lockdown but was it too late in the context of Wuhan ? I suspect we'll never know the true extent of it but anyone that even remotely believes China's curve is a bit daft imo.

21 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I think it's likely that the numbers from the start of the crisis are incorrect and were likely covered up.

Yet at the same time, because they welded people in doors they have probably got it under control now. 

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Spain seems to have a lovely quick curve on the go, whereas Italy can't get off the bloody plateaux. And why are these wealthy countries being hit so much harder?

It's a weird old pandemic this.

The wealthy countries have access to testing and pretty good health infrastructure in place. The data is there too. 

If Covid-19 takes hold in, for example, sub-Saharan Africa (and apparently all but 3 countries in Africa have recorded cases) then it's probably going to be catastrophic. What might help is (a) some of the countries have recent experience in managing disease outbreaks, (b) there's less international travel spreading the disease to these places, and (c) they've got younger populations.