Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, virginton said:

A passport to do what exactly? Get shan table service in a socially distanced Greene King?

Adding a booster requirement is incompatible with restrictions on the already vaccinated. When there is a superior treatment coming down the line anyway, it will not increase uptake while killing the businesses that enforce it. 

In France and Germany cinemas, gyms, cafes, most shops etc are on the pass. All sporting events as well plus foreign travel.

The government don't care about small and medium size businesses. Look at any town high street.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm surprised at @Detournement here. He remains absolutely certain that it is all designed to create some sort of social credit system, yet reckons the best way to achieve the necessary groundwork is to introduce vaccine passports for venues that are closed anyway.

It's a glaring flaw.

I don't understand what you mean?

It's hard to say if there will be a lockdown but even if there is it will be temporary whereas the Digital ID vaccine restrictions are intended to be permanent. 

I think we will get a big announcement around the 21st or 22nd concerning new restrictions after Christmas. The same strategy as last year. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It's hard to say if there will be a lockdown but even if there is it will be temporary whereas the Digital ID vaccine restrictions are intended to be permanent.

Vaccine restrictions rely on people continuing to regularly get vaccinated.

People will only continue to get vaccinated if there is incentive to do so.

Threatening to introduce blanket restrictions removes that incentive.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Vaccine restrictions rely on people continuing to regularly get vaccinated.

People will only continue to get vaccinated if there is incentive to do so.

Threatening to introduce blanket restrictions removes that incentive.

Aye but when the blanket restrictions are lifted after a month or however long the incentive is too have a working pass.

This may have been mentioned, apologies if it has, but has there been any announcement re finiancial assistance for anyone self employed or in the gig economy on account of needless 10 day isolation? 

Bad enough not getting paid if you're ill but sitting in the house when perfectly healthy and not being able to make money will be a bitter pill,  not everyone is on a salary or able to work from home. 

I have to fly to visit my in laws over Xmas. 

They want us to take a test before the flight and after when we arrive just in case we caught it on the plane. Also want us to wear masks in the car home until the 2nd negative test comes back. 

Absolutely mental and shows what 2 years of scaremongering has done to people. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have to fly to visit my in laws over Xmas. 

They want us to take a test before the flight and after when we arrive just in case we caught it on the plane. Also want us to wear masks in the car home until the 2nd negative test comes back. 

Absolutely mental and shows what 2 years of scaremongering has done to people. 

Would I f**k be doing that.  If I suggested testing or masking to my FiL before we visit at Christmas he’d laugh at me.

If anyone I know was that scared I wouldn’t be bothering to visit them.

Just now, Left Back said:

Would I f**k be doing that.  If I suggested testing or masking to my FiL before we visit at Christmas he’d laugh at me.

If anyone I know was that scared I wouldn’t be bothering to visit them.

We didn’t see them at all from December 19 to may this year when coincidentally our daughter was born. 

23 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Unless the furlough tap gets switched on they can do very little.

With any luck WM will realise this was all an overreaction next week and SG will be left looking like proper shit the bed fools.

I'm expecting them to announce something, but I also hope it is no more than vaccine passports for all enclosed public areas (except shops and churches, of course). I also expect them to require third doses if you are eligible (the app recently updated to be able to hold that info).

That way they can be seen to be doing something and can keep the flow of boosters (which clearly work) going.

It's also what they have been choking to do for ages.