Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

It's fine to question. But you asked the question, you've been given the answer and you're ignoring it and just keeping on asking the question.

I'm pretty comfortable saying that isn't something people should be doing.

I'm not ignoring it.    But if you're comfortable in it not being done and less people being vaccinated as a result, then that is upto you.    I think it's more than achievable and hopefully SG push for it.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not ignoring it.    But if you're comfortable in it not being done and less people being vaccinated as a result, then that is upto you.    I think it's more than achievable and hopefully SG push for it.

You absolutely did ignore the answer about "why not make it a true 7 day operation" and moved right on to "well why don't they just increase capacity across the board?".

Capacity to administer vaccines is obviously limited by several factors. Rate of supply of the vaccines, the number of staff available to administer them, the physical capacity of vaccination centres and probably a whole load of other things. You seem to be acting as if "why not just do more" is some kind of radical idea that nobody has ever thought about. Of course all governments across the world are trying to go as fast as they possibly can. But there are going to be limits.

2 hours ago, Shipa said:

My concern though is that they have done so with their borders all but closed, what happens when the time comes to open up? Presumably strict checks at borders can be kept in place long-term, but these are not a guarantee it will not get in. I imagine they will have plans in place, but again they will rely on sufficient vaccination and controls being strictly enforced.

That's the short term future

Borders all but closed and every country paranoid about new variants

I think all countries will follow suit

Just now, Gordon EF said:

You absolutely did ignore the answer about "why not make it a true 7 day operation" and moved right on to "well why don't they just increase capacity across the board?".

Capacity to administer vaccines is obviously limited by several factors. Rate of supply of the vaccines, the number of staff available to administer them, the physical capacity of vaccination centres and probably a whole load of other things. You seem to be acting as if "why not just do more" is some kind of radical idea that nobody has ever thought about. Of course all governments across the world are trying to go as fast as they possibly can. But there are going to be limits.

It's a fairly simple concept to understand.

A GP vaccinates 100 people a day 6 days a week, but is closed on a Sunday.   How about trying to achieve 100 people 7 days a week.

Yes supply could be an issue, staffing could be an issue and a whole load of other factors.  However, if the doors are closed then they are guaranteed to be vaccinating 0.

So yes, I think they can do more and it's hardly an unattainable objective.

People were losing the rag over 9,000 last Sunday, it's now jumped to 27k this Sunday, and hopefully we see another jump next Sunday.  GP's have their part to play in that as well.  No apology for suggesting that things can improve rather than sitting back saying "nah, cannae dae it".

Yep @Burnie_man, usually find you to be an excellent poster and a bit of a voice of reason in the pyramid threads but if you don't see why what you're saying here is fairly ridiculous by now, I don't think further discussion's going to change that.

Why is it "ridiculous" to expect GP's to do more on a Sunday?  I just don't get this acceptance that Sunday's are going to be shite and that is just the way it is.

Just now, Burnieman said:

It's a fairly simple concept to understand.

A GP vaccinates 100 people a day 6 days a week, but is closed on a Sunday.   How about trying to achieve 100 people 7 days a week.

Yes supply could be an issue, staffing could be an issue and a whole load of other factors.  However, if the doors are closed then they are guaranteed to be vaccinating 0.

So yes, I think they can do more and it's hardly an unattainable objective.

People were losing the rag over 9,000 last Sunday, it's now jumped to 27k this Sunday, and hopefully we see another jump next Sunday.  GP's have their part to play in that as well.  No apology for suggesting that things can improve rather than sitting back saying "nah, cannae dae it".

Nobody is saying that. We're saying that to do that, you need more trained staff. That's not just something you can click your fingers and wish into existence because you really want it.

Nobody is saying that. We're saying that to do that, you need more trained staff. That's not just something you can click your fingers and wish into existence because you really want it.

I'm not implying that either, what I am saying is that opening a GP's on a Sunday isn't an unattainable goal and we should be working towards a 7 day operation to help vaccinations.  I'm not sure why that is seen as something "ridiculous".

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suppose it's typical of the UK that the party that badly fucked everything up in the beginning leading to restrictions having to be put on and then fucked up again and again leading to restrictions having to be put on again and again just has to say "oh, we'll lessen the restrictions" and everyone votes for them. 

gettyimages-1157399160_wide-2dba9baaf34c3698802276744501ed10d56fef8b.thumb.jpg.54d0a26b3330605fd0664febc4d7caf5.jpg

I think it's more a reflection of the opposition as if you were thinking of voting Labour then you may as well just vote Tory as the policies and the views of the majority of MP's are one in the same.

Over and above this, both Starmer and Khan have been calling for the same coronavirus direction as the Government throughout this, however the minute the government adopt said policy they then start publicly criticising and calling for the opposite, basically just a bunch of tossers with no actual views or policies who are attempting to emulate the "middle right" of the Blair / Brown regime.

A busted flush I'm afraid.