Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Pfizer apparently considering a third dose 6-12 months after the second as a booster. They're also talking about getting ready to test a shot which will target the south African variant. Anyone more knowledgeable about this any idea why they'd put in a third dose? It doesn't seem to be linked to the variant as far as I can make out from the article. 

Moderna has also shipped for testing a new vaccine (unsure if this is a twesk and replacement for their first vaccine or whatever - article isn't particularly clear, but I don't think it is) 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pfizer-to-test-a-tweaked-vaccine-aimed-at-defeating-south-african-virus-strain/

Edit: obviously this is the kind of stuff that leaders / scientists are talking about when they say they're waiting for more data. 

That’s when they microchip you.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Good evening Mr Gates it's president Biden here, are you free to chat for a few minutes about some humanitarian projects?

Sorry Mr President I'm too busy listening to Senga fae Drumchapel, she's moaning about that River City and the fact that Navid has put his fags up by 20 pence in the local costcutters.  I can't afford to miss any of this sir.

Ok Bill, I will see if Elon is free.

Ironically senga is exactly the type who needs the vaccine. It's actually quite sad.

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Leitch on STV tonight hinting that you might be able travel across Scotland, maybe even across the border, come the tier system.

I thought they already announced that the stay at home message was being lifted when the levels come back in?

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I thought they already announced that the stay at home message was being lifted when the levels come back in?

Stay at Home being lifted doesn't automatically equal travel all over the country.

I find this drip feeding of information very frustrating.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Screenshot_20210207_024850_com.android.chrome.jpeg

Why do you keep broadcasting that you were trawling through my post history at 2:48am?

Besides, in case the fact had somehow escaped you, this is the General Nonsense section of a Scottish football forum. I'm not providing mathematical models that influence everyone's lives.

[mention=30230]Tynierose[/mention] What the hell did you ban me for man? Was hardly spamming I only posted that some of the posters who post on here are pathetic because of the joke making when people are dying every day. THEN I only replied to the posters who quoted me. Never swore, never said anything out of turn. It’s just you trying to show you’ve a massive cock when in fact you’re a 2 incher who bans people for nothing. It’s like a bloody dictatorship in here, there’s posters who get away with murder but ONE person questions something and you don’t like it then boom BAN! Ban this account too for all I care just means you’ll lose an absolute LEGEND of a poster. You’re a fraud, banning me for nothing and trying to pass it off as spam. Bet your an SNP voter too, dictatorship there and dictatorship on here. 
b*****ds 
Edit to add I’ll just keep making accounts and I’ll follow you everywhere [mention=30230]Tynierose[/mention]

images%20(19).jpeg

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Stay at Home being lifted doesn't automatically equal travel all over the country.

I find this drip feeding of information very frustrating.

I agree very frustrating, perhaps saying that they are bring back the levels was a mistake because obviously we all know the yard stick and to change that yard stick i.e basically scraping level 4&3 or massive changes to 3 it would have been good to know that right at the start rather than a fortnight from now and just scraps of info between now and then and I go back to the fact why are news outlets still getting Jason on, Jeane or one of the CMOs should be on.

21 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Leitch on STV tonight hinting that you might be able travel across Scotland, maybe even across the border, come the tier system.

That would be decent news but does that mean we would have to self isolate when we return. 

Why do you keep broadcasting that you were trawling through my post history at 2:48am?
Besides, in case the fact had somehow escaped you, this is the General Nonsense section of a Scottish football forum. I'm not providing mathematical models that influence everyone's lives.

Just graphs.

Lots of them.

[emoji8]

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

I agree very frustrating, perhaps saying that they are bring back the levels was a mistake because obviously we all know the yard stick and to change that yard stick i.e basically scraping level 4&3 or massive changes to 3 it would have been good to know that right at the start rather than a fortnight from now and just scraps of info between now and then and I go back to the fact why are news outlets still getting Jason on, Jeane or one of the CMOs should be on.

I think what is equally frustrating is that it is just 2 days since NS set out the road map.

I appreciate she said it would be fleshed out over the coming weeks, but already she has expanded on some things, and Leitch is coming out with this.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Tuesday's "road map" was rather rushed.

Or the reaction to it was so negative they are starting to back peddle a bit.

The sports ministers comments are in keeping with the party line IMO. Just delaying making a decision until there is "clearer data".

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I think what is equally frustrating is that it is just 2 days since NS set out the road map.

I appreciate she said it would be fleshed out over the coming weeks, but already she has expanded on some things, and Leitch is coming out with this.

I wonder if a road map was ready say for the short term and then Boris came out with his map that obviously took things all the way to normality and they had to go back to the drawing table, I don't understand why they put so much emphasis on Tuesdays announcement when it really was a pre announcement.

It does need fleshed out but can't be fleshed out in nods and winks they need to clarify the levels and the triggers they are using to determine the levels that's stage one and stage two is exiting the levels model into a restriction free Scotland. It's good to see that cross border travel is back on as obviously that means you can leave the country for holidays if you wish they need to set out how long hotel quarantine will last hopefully it will be phased out with the move back into levels so people can actually think about going away even if they had to self isolate for a short period on their return at least it won't cost £2k

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I wonder if a road map was ready say for the short term and then Boris came out with his map that obviously took things all the way to normality and they had to go back to the drawing table, I don't understand why they put so much emphasis on Tuesdays announcement when it really was a pre announcement.

It does need fleshed out but can't be fleshed out in nods and winks they need to clarify the levels and the triggers they are using to determine the levels that's stage one and stage two is exiting the levels model into a restriction free Scotland. It's good to see that cross border travel is back on as obviously that means you can leave the country for holidays if you wish they need to set out how long hotel quarantine will last hopefully it will be phased out with the move back into levels so people can actually think about going away even if they had to self isolate for a short period on their return at least it won't cost £2k

She's said a ciuple of times they'll be looking at the schools data. Got to imagine over the next 3 weeks, they'll cross reference any jumps in R with hospital admissions, deaths and vaccine data. If R increases, for eg, but not much happens with cases turning into hospitalisations, and those who have been jagged are nowhere to be seen in the nhs system, it's speedos oan for the summer for me. 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

She's said a ciuple of times they'll be looking at the schools data. Got to imagine over the next 3 weeks, they'll cross reference any jumps in R with hospital admissions, deaths and vaccine data. If R increases, for eg, but not much happens with cases turning into hospitalisations, and those who have been jagged are nowhere to be seen in the nhs system, it's speedos oan for the summer for me. 

I would hope now they are testing the teachers any effects would be marginal. 

Do any children who live in Scotland go to school in England and might we see effects of their more cavalier approach in some rural locations on the border?