Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Awaiting the inevitable LADBIBLE article featuring some guy who has his vaccine passport tattooed on his arm, because he's just full of bantz and loves his local 'spoons.

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You must go through some amount of tinfoil. 

Generally real change happens behind closed doors. No one ever voted for bankers bailouts, mass surveillance, the creation of the Euro, Bretton Woods, ERM etc.

When the most powerful people in the world openly tell you they are going to use the crisis to reshape society and the economy believe them. 

Standard of care available outwith ICU?

I’m not sure which direction you taking that.

The stats are:

Scotland - Hosp 237. ICU 21
UK - Hosp 4174. ICU 583

Based on an 8% population rate, Scotland has 71% of its “fair share” of hospitalisations, and only 45% of ICU.

We are either doing really well on ICU cases, or really badly on hospitalisations. They are both better than the rest of the UK, but out of kilter with each other.

Guest Bob Mahelp

How fucking difficult is it to go the park with your mates, and take away the rubbish that you brought with you ?

What a shower of fucking morons. 

People are complete khunts, honestly. It almost makes me want to see the government introduce full on lockdown again to stop these d1cks from doing this again. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

How fucking difficult is it to go the park with your mates, and take away the rubbish that you brought with you ?

People are complete khunts, honestly. It almost makes me want to see the government introduce full on lockdown again to stop these d1cks from doing this again. 

Just been watching the same thing.  No need.  Could have easily put it into all the bags and boxes they brought it in and binned it.

thats modern youth though.  Sense of entitlement and never been taught right from wrong as it might upset them.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

More likely he knows voluntary avoidance of the things he actually enjoys because of safety fears would destroy his illusions and knock him off his "having a good lockdown" high horse.

How on earth would you know what I'm like, I do as I please, always have always will, as soon as the things I want to do are open I'll be out.

That was my biggest issue - it's fucking ridiculous that they left such a mess.

Posted at 14:12

Vaccine passports 'an issue for frontline staff to enforce'

image.gif.d93bd5481ffa8d50ae32e46f0755c355.gif
Getty Images

Hospitality and retail bosses are warning the use of vaccine passports to admit entry to venues could create enforcement problems and risk violence for their staff.

Last week, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said pubs and other venues could use vaccine passports, before backtracking slightly to clarify that this may only be introduced once all UK adults have been offered a vaccination.

Speaking as part of a webinar hosted by the Confederation of British Industry, chief executive of trade body UK Hospitality Kate Nicholls says there could be "issues regarding frontline staff having to enforce the law".

Helen Dickinson, chief executive of the British Retail Consortium, says: "We're seeing, with mask-wearing particularly and other enforcement issues, that the levels of violence and abuse against people on the front line - be that delivery driver, supermarket or convenience shop worker - there were about 400 incidents a day pre-Covid but they say that has gone up really significantly."

However, Nicholls says she believes international travel and major events are the "two areas where we think certification could really work".

The trade body boss adds she hopes social distancing restrictions can be fully removed by the 21 June road map date without the need for vaccine certification.

No reason at all why that last paragraph shouldn't be the case. Genuinely think it's only viable for international travel à la Yellow Fever. It can get in the bin for events as well.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Why should there be a queue for things that are safe though? 

Why would a football ground need to wait a turn alongside a restaurant or pub? 

Half the time I get the feeling you want some places to stay closed just because folk on here are pining to get it open and you want an excuse to call them crybabies. 

Pretty sure thats the poster who wasnt happy that a vaccination centre in ayr wasnt as central as it could be or something to do with bus stops. 

The coronavirus vaccine produced by the AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company is now called Vaxzevria, the Swedish medicine agency Läkemedelsverket announced based on data from the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

The name change to Vaxzevria was approved by the EMA on 25 March, following an application from the company.

It obviously doesn't say that but three major world leaders getting together to launch a new initiative suggests something big is happening and it's more likely to be the plan of the WEF (who are the political party of the super rich) rather than the lads on P&B who want to get back to normal.

"It obviously doesnt say that"
So what was the point of your post? Or any of your posts for that matter?

2 parks here have been closed by the council after yesterday, place looked like a tip, brawls probably didnt help either.