Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ten days isolation if you come into contact with omicron which data suggests is a less severe strain but you can test and release if youre double vaxxed and its the more severe delta strain? 
Triple vaccinated, no adult conversation, two years of life with massive restrictions, politicians and public health figures flaunting the rules in Scotland and England yet we’ve all to be good little boys and girls. Absolutely f**k this. 

Selfish c**t.

All you should be thinking about is following the rules like a good little boy so you aren’t deliberately killing someone else’s granny…

…according to some.

40 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Donald Macleod has proven himself to be a complete weapon over the last two years, hopefully he’s as wrong as he has been about everything else.

He's a slavering, havering naff. Agree though, hopefully he's wrong. If they ban me from Gayfield a week on Saturday, I will be very disappointed.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Changes in the rules are announced in parliament so he's clearly talking rubbish, earliest anything could change is Tuesday.

You do realise parliament is on the go Mon-Fri.  Just because the next scheduled update is Tuesday rules can be changed any time the government wants to announce it in parliament.

I’m not agreeing with the boy in discussion btw.  I have no idea who he is.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think one of the problems for the likes of Sturgeon is that she kept the restrictions far longer than could ever be described as reasonable.

When she said she wouldn't mandate masks longer than was absolutely necessary and then kept them for 18 months and counting, she showed herself as being untrustworthy.

Another problem is that of course, people are able to see that deaths and hospitalisations are almost negligible now and have been for many months. Even if they're not seeing it in the papers they'll realise they are struggling to think of people in their social circles who have either had it now or have struggled to recover.

Finally, people have had enough of making sacrifices.

That's the essence of it for me.

Folk basically aren't dying, so why are we treating it so seriously?

I've heard far more serious anecdotal evidence from reactions resulting from taking the vaccine.

Edited by Scott Steiner

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You do realise parliament is on the go Mon-Fri.  Just because the next scheduled update is Tuesday rules can be changed any time the government wants to announce it in parliament.

I’m not agreeing with the boy in discussion btw.  I have no idea who he is.

Holyrood isn’t sitting tomorrow and it’s too late to call a sitting.

Just now, Left Back said:

What are the lazy c***s doing then?  Freebie day off for Christmas shopping?  Please don’t tell me they’re on a Friday sesh ‘cos Christmas.

It never (regularly) sits on Mondays or Fridays, with even Tuesday sittings being a relatively early addition.

I believe the intention is that constituency work is done through the long weekend. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

It never (regularly) sits on Mondays or Fridays, with even Tuesday sittings being a relatively early addition.

I believe the intention is that constituency work is done through the long weekend. 

Genuinely never knew that.  Assumed the talking shop was on 5 days a week same as Westminster.

Mrs. B used to work at the parliament and she never shared that bit of info with me 😂

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Genuinely never knew that.  Assumed the talking shop was on 5 days a week same as Westminster.

Mrs. B used to work at the parliament and she never shared that bit of info with me 😂

Westminster is usually only Monday (afternoon) - Thursday, with occasional Fridays for Private Member’s Bills (aka a lot of talking about bits of proposed legislation that rarely become law). 

The rationale for a normal 4-day week at Westminster used to be to allow Scottish MPs time to travel back to their constituencies. 

Having slept on it, I can’t see any major restrictions coming in without England shitting it and reintroducing financial support for the hospitality industry.

As such, I can see a rough idea of the following:

Schools to close one week early
All forms to hospitality to request vaccine passports or negative LFT.
Sporting Stadiums will also require the same.
Self isolation required for anyone returning from abroad.

There’s not much else that can be done without the reintroduction of furlough payments to target a specific industry.

There simply can't be forced closing of businesses without financial support. The scottish government may be able to cobble together a limited package for late night hospitality but, by being so limited would also be utterly pointless.