Last Lanarkshire Derby?

I know Motherwell have a big game through the week but we have f**k all on so here we go.

0-2 to Motherwell. Hamilton to go down to ten men at some point and to be bottom of the league.

As much as he is pretty shite defensively AJ being our only right back means if he’s out we are fucked. Good chance a wild Fjortoj or McKenna might appear which is a worry itself. Or if Gogic has to drop back to Centre half it completely fucks our midfield. At least Shaun Want is proving the haters (Accies1874) wrong.

Injuries are making life really difficult - we could realistically name no CBs or CMs on the bench.

There's a chance that McMann will be the only survivor of the back four that beat Motherwell in December, which would also require Gogic and Martin to drop back from midfield.

I'd imagine Moyo will play considering how much trouble he caused them in December. He was poor until he was moved from the middle though and Oggy's doing well now that he's got a partner, so a diamond with Temps between them might be best. If Martin has to play RB then Alston will need to play in midfield.

It'll be a funny mood among Accies fans given the massive game the night before.

Thread title is a bit presumptuous.

We might still have a Lanarkshire derby next season even if we do go down as a Chucky-led Airdrie might come up!

Has the potential to be a right classic this one.

A tired Motherwell after 120 mins tonight & no wins in 6.

Versus an Accies side with about 5 million injuries & suspensions (obv all the suspensions are Jamie Hamilton's exclusively)

As ever when a team is on a shit run of form they come to us to get back on track = an away win seems likely, (0-1 Watt)

We have virtually no fit or unsuspended defenders or spare midfielders so we might as well go all out & stick Templeton in a no.10 role roaming behind Ogkmpoe + Moyo in an attempt to get in about the Well defence & score enough goals that we might actually hold a lead for a change!

On basis of Easton, Woods, AJ all out injured, Hamilton suspended + Fjortoft/McKenna being shite it will need to be a makeshift defence along these lines ---

Southwood

Martin Want Gogic McMann

Collar Alston Hunt

Templeton

Ogkmpoe Moyo

He came off injured in the reserve game...

Apologies, didn’t follow the updates just sure I seen him starting.

He was still brutal against Aberdeen and would only be missed as him and Hamilton out guarantees either Gogic drops back to centre half losing our best midfielder or one of the Viking or McKenna come in out of nowhere.

Apologies, didn’t follow the updates just sure I seen him starting.

He was still brutal against Aberdeen and would only be missed as him and Hamilton out guarantees either Gogic drops back to centre half losing our best midfielder or one of the Viking or McKenna come in out of nowhere.
I saw McKenna for the reserves last week and he looked nowhere near ready for a first team return.

47 minutes ago, ropy said:

We took each of our four defenders off last night, not going to bother with them on Saturday 

I'd advocate for this policy. Big Donnelly at centre half flanked by Grimshaw and Tait. Chuck a collection of our strikers and wingers on for a laugh, draw 3-3. 

Accies were so much better than us in the second half at Fir Park. I think we might get more emphasis on winning the battles in Robinson’s pre match press thing.

I’d probably stick with our current formation with Hartley and Gallagher at the back so we can get Hylton and Aarons wide. However, 3 at the back with Donnelly in the middle and O’Hara sitting just in front would be ok since we have no left back and have Aarons as left wing back.

I’d quite like to see Watt and Long starting together as a pair up front at some point.

Expecting a shite game 2-1 either way.

I wouldn't be against moving to a 3-5-2 with Donnelly dropping into the back line. At least we would then have two options in him and Gallagher able to play it out rather than just one. O'Hara can come into the midfield and do Donnelly's job in there. 

Gillespie

Gallagher   Donnelly   Hartley (Dunne if fit?)

Grimshaw                                                          Aarons

O'Hara

Campbell    Polworth   

Watt               Long

Expect it wont be a classic and I have no confidence whatsoever after Accies battered us before Christmas. If we have any legs left after Tuesday night and play with the tempo we did in the 2nd half we might just sneak it. 1-2. 

Edit to add I wouldn't even be against playing Tait as part of a back 3 with Donnelly and Gallagher. By all accounts he did pretty well there on Tuesday. Anything to keep Hartley/Mugabi off the plastic. 

Edited by dezz