TheTwoPointOne Podcast

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you're that Stefan bloke who writes for the BBC, you can f**k right off after the utter bollocks story you created about Rangers record at McDiarmid the other day.

A headline with no truth in it and purely to sook the *** boaby, then an article that roundly derided/mocked Saints with every paragraph.

He’s one of us. Although he’s going to pass the buck because writers don’t write the headlines. And it’s not his fault St Johnstone took so long to show some balls against Rangers, is it? 

2 minutes ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

He’s one of us. Although he’s going to pass the buck because writers don’t write the headlines. And it’s not his fault St Johnstone took so long to show some balls against Rangers, is it? 

This is what I mean.

Being a patronising c**t to your prospective customers isnt going to work, no matter how wide you spread your arse for the OF.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I mean.

Being a patronising c**t to your prospective customers isnt going to work, no matter how wide you spread your arse for the OF.

Indeed. A leaf taken straight out of the Scotzine (or was it the Away End? ) book right there. 

Edited by Rugster

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think Scotzine had the thread on here.

You're right I just had a brief read of it in the gold forum. Brilliant stuff.

This mob are going the same way as him no doubt. Pissing off potential listeners/readers before they're even properly up and running. Having already gone tits up once, I might add. 

Should call themselves The TheTwoPointOne Podcast

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You're right I just had a brief read of it in the gold forum. Brilliant stuff.

This mob are going the same way as him no doubt. Pissing off potential listeners/readers before they're even properly up and running. Having already gone tits up once, I might add. 

Should call themselves The TheTwoPointOne Podcast

Its bizarre. 

The whole article, and his post, claim St Johnstone just roll over for Rangers without a fight. Since Rangers came into the league, they beaten St Johnstone three times at Ibrox, St Johnstone have won twice, and theres been two draws, yet yer man is ripping the pish out Saints for not "putting up a fight".

Christ knows what his podcasts actually contain. No doubt chat about "ex-Celtic/ex-Rangers" players doing well at Saints...

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I mean.

😂

We're not looking for customers. Just thought some folk might want to hear a few podcasts about Scottish football. No need to be so sensitive. 

If you're this upset about an article pointing out how poor St Johnstone were in the past then you'll be delighted to hear about how great they've been in their last 18 games in our last podcast. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clearly.

We have no advertising on our podcasts and we'd challenge you to find a more thorough and passionate 30 minutes of audio about your club from any other podcast this season. Professional or amateur. Give the show 10 minutes and see if you like it. If not then that's fine. No harm done and have a nice day. 

10 minutes ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

We have no advertising on our podcasts and we'd challenge you to find a more thorough and passionate 30 minutes of audio about your club from any other podcast this season. Professional or amateur. Give the show 10 minutes and see if you like it. If not then that's fine. No harm done and have a nice day. 

As I say, you created lies about St Johnstone, mocked them in a BBC article, continued to lie about their record on here, and continued to mock them.

I highly doubt anything in your podcast is more than just self deluded patronising arseholes trying to be clever, tbh, so I'll be giving it a miss.

I'm sure the 10 minutes of life I'll have saved is worth that risk.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, you created lies about St Johnstone, mocked them in a BBC article, continued to lie about their record on here, and continued to mock them.

I highly doubt anything in your podcast is more than just self deluded patronising arseholes trying to be clever, tbh, so I'll be giving it a miss.

I'm sure the 10 minutes of life I'll have saved is worth that risk.

Well we've had two St Johnstone fan groups on Twitter share the podcast and plenty of fans tell us they enjoyed it so we think we've done a decent job of it. 

We're not on here to pick fights with anyone, so if you're not interested in actually listening to the episode then we'll just say fair enough and wish you a good day 👍

55 minutes ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

Well we've had two St Johnstone fan groups on Twitter share the podcast and plenty of fans tell us they enjoyed it so we think we've done a decent job of it. 

We're not on here to pick fights with anyone,

so if you're not interested in actually listening to the episode then we'll just say fair enough and wish you a good day 👍

The replies thus far, and the tone of those replies, doesn't really back that up.

1 hour ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

😂

We're not looking for customers. Just thought some folk might want to hear a few podcasts about Scottish football. No need to be so sensitive. 

If you're this upset about an article pointing out how poor St Johnstone were in the past then you'll be delighted to hear about how great they've been in their last 18 games in our last podcast. 

5 hours ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

22 hours ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

So sorry. 

Think you need to stop right now before you end up like Scotzine on here, having a complete head's gone melt down, or just continue and entertain us all, it's up to you.

On 25/04/2018 at 16:48, Kyle said:

It's half an hour of Tommy Wright bashing really. Signing policy is all wrong, tactics and coaching are all wrong, we don't develop players from within and we don't sign players with view to develop them long term. It's a cacophony of misconceptions and a lot of the stats used to make Wright look worse than he is, completely ignoring anything that views us more positively.

Wright is getting a harder and harder time from people who I think should know better to be honest. He has one of the smallest budgets in the league and has to be pragmatic to keep us competitive, but the armchair statisticians and the 'analysts' on twitter are increasingly using that as an excuse to have a go at him and to have a go at Saints generally. The podcast above, for example, acknowledges that we have the 2nd smallest budget, but then in the next breath questions why more St Johnstone fans aren't calling for Wright's head when we're sitting 8th in the table. We've achieved European football qualification  3 times out of 5 under Wright, won the cup and had 3 successive 4th places finishes prior to this season. Surely the manager has earned the right to have a less successful season (by budget standards we're actually still above where we should really be) and be allowed to try again next season?

It also talks a lot of nonsense about Wright's coaching which seems to stem from that Norwegian Celtic fan in the summer talking about us only playing 1 match and training for 10 days prior to playing Trakai. Anyone actually paying attention will know we played 3 matches (all of which against other clubs in the same European qualifying round as us) and trained for 3 full weeks going in Trakai. That falsehood seems to have stuck - they're happy to ignore our league finishing positions, our excellent form towards the end of most seasons under Wright and how well organised we are generally as a side, albeit not for large spells this season.

They talk generally about this being the first season we've really had to overhaul the squad and it's a big test for Wright, which isn't completely untrue, but they say they don't think he'll be able to 'turn things around' and we'll struggle once they're all gone. Fair enough we've struggled to replace May, Swanson and O'Halloran individually but we've always managed to adapt to losing them and the collective has maintained our position in the league. It's perhaps not so good to watch, but generally speaking Wright has done exceptionally well trying to patch us the side after we lose important players. He's also managed to bring in Shaughnessy for Wright, Fisher and then Foster for Mackay and they've not been anywhere near as missed as I think a lot of his feared they would be (although they are missed). 

The failure to bring in young players/develop our own is just shite really. Clark, Comrie, Kerr, Gordon, McCann, Kane have all come from our youth team and played at times this season. In terms of signings in the past, Anderson, Craig, Davidson, Wotherspoon Easton, Millar - effectively the backbone of our team - were all signed as young players and have stuck with us for a long time. Most of whom have spent the bulk of their playing career here. What more can you ask really? We've more recently brought in Scougall, Alston, Tanser, McClean and Hendry with a view to developing them. Perhaps we haven't sold as many as we would have liked, but we've developed most of those players into top 4 players as our league placings in the past have shown. The more experienced ones are maybe regressing a bit now, but it doesn't diminish what they achieved for us in the past. We seem to be getting bashed for showing loyalty to players, who in turn show loyalty to us.

They say that our signing strategy is wrong because all we do is sign experienced players. This season we've signed Scougall (24), Tanser (23), O'Halloran (27), Johnstone (22), McClean (19), Hendry (19), McMillan (29). Willock (21), Williams (23). 4 loan players, but two of them are out of contract at the end of the season and we could easily have been looking to sign them permanently in the summer. There's plenty of other examples from previous windows too. Fair enough we've supplemented the squad with some experience at times, but it's certainly not on the scale suggested in the podcast.

I remember Wright was a relatively popular manager in Scottish football when he first came in, but I think his age, pragmatism and general moaning has turned a lot of people off him. His moaning certainly grates on me at times, but you can't really question the guy's record in his time at Saints. We're in for a bumpy ride this summer trying to replace excellent players with passable (and probably cheaper) alternatives and you have to fear that it may be beyond Wright to find replacements who are capable of playing at the same standard as the ones he is losing. He does, however, deserve the chance to do so and then deserves the time to make things work if next season starts slowly. 

Sorry, that's a bit of a rant.

The last time I listened to this podcast, I found there to be a lot wrong with it. I will give the new one a listen to see if the research has improved any, but I'll be honest I wasn't impressed with the standard the last time. 

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The replies thus far, and the tone of those replies, doesn't really back that up.

Think you need to stop right now before you end up like Scotzine on here, having a complete head's gone melt down, or just continue and entertain us all, it's up to you.

Scotzine was a hack that didn’t have the content to back up his claims. We’re the completely opposite of that website.

Happy to have hearty debates about the podcast episodes - in fact it’s entirely the point of this thread - but we’re not here to argue about headlines on the BBC website. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The last time I listened to this podcast, I found there to be a lot wrong with it. I will give the new one a listen to see if the research has improved any, but I'll be honest I wasn't impressed with the standard the last time. 

Ooft that’s from quite a while ago! Can’t say off the top of my head what was said in that podcast but happy to take any feedback on board about the most recent one. 

4 minutes ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

Scotzine was a hack that didn’t have the content to back up his claims. We’re the completely opposite of that website.

Happy to have hearty debates about the podcast episodes - in fact it’s entirely the point of this thread - but we’re not here to argue about headlines on the BBC website. 

That's exactly what you were doing though, and in your replies to the St Johnstone fan you were continuing to back up the false claim of that headline, even after it was pointed out to you how it had been twisted to suit the agenda of the writer.

From what your OP said, you go in depth 'to dig right into the weeds' of a club, having a dig at a smaller club with a lot less financial clout than The Rangers, about not doing well against them,  seemed ill informed, and not very savvy if you want to gain listeners from the rest of the clubs outside of the Glasgow ones that dominate the league, as you would expect them to do with their financial advantage.

So far you aren't doing a good job of promoting your podcast on here.