Ground improvement/works thread

4 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Out of interest did Rob Roy get money for Adamslie Park and if so what was it used for.

Yes they did, I'm assuming didn't spend it all and its kept us going for the 10 years, however a significant chunk was pissed up the wall by Jimmy Lindsay in his time at the club

55 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Out of interest did Rob Roy get money for Adamslie Park and if so what was it used for.

As club accounts show which can be viewed the club have around 1.2-1.3 million pounds left from sale of old ground. 

As i was told the rest was spent on a season or two or going mad with money on the pitch around 2012.

Then plans , surveys , legal costs etc trying to find a new ground and general running of the club ten years away from home. 

Edited by Parkranger

4 hours ago, Shannon said:

Even inside the SPFL the majority of the best part time clubs in the country have 4g pitches. Very few part time clubs in SPFL with grass pitches now.

I do believe that in the top league, and if financially viable long term the championship, clubs should have grass pitches. If any club at the top level is unable to keep a decent quality grass pitch, due in the main to finances, should they really be at the top table.

I'm fully aware that there are a number of clubs who have dropped from the Premier/Championship to leagues 1 and 2 and even lower. So as usual with football in Scotland every new situation is not as clear cut as we would hope.

At our level there should be no pressure from any source on any club to maintain a grass pitch if it becomes vital for their financial sustainability to go artificial.

Fans need to be realistic about the financial situation clubs are in at this level. And before the Beechwood Mob descend upon me, its fantastic that Talbot can keep a great grass surface but it might not be viable for other clubs.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

At length eh? Can you please show me where I have posted at length? 

I responded to the Petershill thing about plastic, jokingly as you and others have been posting eye-bleeding nonsense about it.

Just enjoy your new stadium and give us all peace, ya top hat!

The problem is jb for a number it's not a joke; this element are happy to look down their nose at facilities like Petershill, the new Kirky Hub and Bonnyton's Synergy Arena which has come in for a lot of stick over the piece.

These are the blueprint for this type of stadium and should be applauded not ridiculed because they are plastic.

I would love every pitch to be grass; but in this instance, for once, I am a realist not my usual dreamer self, like believing Wigtown will romp the tie with Cupar Hearts. 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

The problem is jb for a number it's not a joke; this element are happy to look down their nose at facilities like Petershill, the new Kirky Hub and Bonnyton's Synergy Arena which has come in for a lot of stick over the piece.

These are the blueprint for this type of stadium and should be applauded not ridiculed because they are plastic.

I would love every pitch to be grass; but in this instance, for once, I am a realist not my usual dreamer self, like believing Wigtown will romp the tie with Cupar Hearts. 🤣🤣🤣

The guy was clearly saying it in jest.  It's a comment on a football pitch not war and peace nothing serious ffs. 

Oh KRR don't have a hub they have a football stadium 😊

2 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

The guy was clearly saying it in jest.  It's a comment on a football pitch not war and peace nothing serious ffs. 

Oh KRR don't have a hub they have a football stadium 😊

Spent too much time at Huntershill, every new build is a hub to me now. 😆😆😆

Spent way too much time conversing with jb, his jests tend to come with a bit of a jibe attached. Watch for when the Scottish and SRCC games start he gets plenty of opportunities to wind me up with the SOSFL results in these comps. Good job I can take it.(I hope).😬😬

7 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Spent too much time at Huntershill, every new build is a hub to me now. 😆😆😆

Spent way too much time conversing with jb, his jests tend to come with a bit of a jibe attached. Watch for when the Scottish and SRCC games start he gets plenty of opportunities to wind me up with the SOSFL results in these comps. Good job I can take it.(I hope).😬😬

You're taking it all way too seriously. It actually IS a joke. 

It's a very simple expression...Quality Grass > Quality Astro. All the other financial and community implications are fine but for a playing/viewing experience it is and ever will be thus. Going on and on about it and taking it as far as saying what if a bad boy rips all the grass up is speculative twaddle. 

Chill oot.

ETA- The SOS league shouldn't be at Tier 6. A fact which all agree on.

Edited by jimbaxters

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's a very simple expression...Quality Grass > Quality Astro. All the other financial and community implications are fine but for a playing/viewing experience it is and ever will be thus. Going on and on about it and taking it as far as saying what if a bad boy rips all the grass up is speculative twaddle. 

Chill oot.

ETA- The SOS league shouldn't be at Tier 6. A fact which all agree on.

SOSFL awful league and standard and basic facilities but they serve a purpose keeping football alive in that dark corner of the country. 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Chill oot.

Come on man you know I love a good argument. Sometimes or maybe all the time I say stuff just to generate a bit of a discussion.

Having played and coached on both grass is best obviously, no argument there. But would rather play and watch football on any surface rather than have no football.

Yeah, I did get carried away a bit with that post about the grass getting damaged, once I start yapping can be hard to stop sometimes. 😂

I am looking forward to getting posts about Wigtown and all in the cups. Well maybe not looking forward but I know I will deserve whatever is coming my way.😬

Just for info in 4 league games W&B have scored zilch and conceded 18, what will Cupar Hearts do to them. 😳

Just now, Parkranger said:

SOSFL awful league and standard and basic facilities but they serve a purpose keeping football alive in that dark corner of the country. 

And our erstwhile friend who is currently typing does a grand job of posting results, updates etc on this very forum. Still doesn't make it a silk purse however.

1 minute ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Come on man you know I love a good argument. Sometimes or maybe all the time I say stuff just to generate a bit of a discussion.

Having played and coached on both grass is best obviously, no argument there. But would rather play and watch football on any surface rather than have no football.

Yeah, I did get carried away a bit with that post about the grass getting damaged, once I start yapping can be hard to stop sometimes. 😂

I am looking forward to getting posts about Wigtown and all in the cups. Well maybe not looking forward but I know I will deserve whatever is coming my way.😬

Just for info in 4 league games W&B have scored zilch and conceded 18, what will Cupar Hearts do to them. 😳

This will be covered in one single post, which in itself tells the whole story.

18 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Surely can't compare KRR new ground to Bonnyton. My only thing with KRR new pitch, which I am glad thye have, is lack of stepped terracing. Address that issue and it is a good facility, unsure catering facilities etc...however on the whole tidy set up. Bonnyton have got a simple astro, portacabins etc...more inline with Gartcairn without the polished edges. 

42 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Surely can't compare KRR new ground to Bonnyton. My only thing with KRR new pitch, which I am glad thye have, is lack of stepped terracing. Address that issue and it is a good facility, unsure catering facilities etc...however on the whole tidy set up. Bonnyton have got a simple astro, portacabins etc...more inline with Gartcairn without the polished edges. 

They have food and drink outlet inside ground.  

Hospitality area will be in the space next to pavilion in a little time. 

Terracing i agree ,  get some terracing doesn't need to be much with cover and it's the perfect non league modern venue with a decent view of campsie hills as a bonus 😊

Decent size car park with parking nearby and main street half mile away another bonus. 

Handled 800 plus crowd fine could get it up well past 1000 with some work.  Perfect for club like KRR. 

Bonnyton and the likes only need a very basic stadium. 

Edited by Parkranger

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

What annoys me about Bonnyton is that what I think would be the best viewing area ,between the dugouts ,is closed off

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

I'll take that re Bonnyton, it is not at the level of Petershill and the New Kirkintilloch Arena. I do believe it is a good example of how a cage facility can be adapted for semi-pro usage though.

Definitely, better than for example Inverkeithing at Dalgety Sports Centre and all the cages around that cannot be upgraded.

Agree with @Parkranger that the Synergy is fine for the level and crowds Bonnyton get, but at least there is scope to upgrade with the layout there.

I cant really comment on MTC have not been since Gartcairn took it over. But do remember it as a youth coach when I lived in Nth. Lanarkshire and would say Bonnytons Synergy is superior from a paying public perspective.

Have attended probably most of the cages being utilised by the new wave of ammie and youth clubs, in the beginning I didn't mind their lack of anything. But I do agree now the WOSFL has errored in allowing the new clubs in without a proper plan.

Have been at a few games between established clubs and the newbies. With the increased attendance, was not an overly enjoyable viewing experience.

My most visited west ground is Meadow Park in Castle Douglas. As good a facility as any in non-league. 

6 minutes ago, dagane said:

What annoys me about Bonnyton is that what I think would be the best viewing area ,between the dugouts ,is closed off

Last time I was there only opposite side was open to spectators. Try viewing from the Accessible Area, obviously was an able bodied person that deemed it acceptable and award it an SFA Licence.