Arthurlie FC

1 hour ago, loughton said:

Bit underwhelmed by these signings probably an improvement on what they had before but can't see these recruits getting arthurlie back to anything close to what they used to be. 

Probably an improvement ?  You obviously haven't seen Arthurlie for a few years.  We have signed some shocking players in the last 5 or 6 years.  These boys are a massive improvement on that.  Are they good enough to take us back to the top ?  That remains to be seen , they will certainly have us going in the right direction. Credit to the management and the committee who are managing to attract these lads to Dunterlie.  

Probably an improvement ?  You obviously haven't seen Arthurlie for a few years.  We have signed some shocking players in the last 5 or 6 years.  These boys are a massive improvement on that.  Are they good enough to take us back to the top ?  That remains to be seen , they will certainly have us going in the right direction. Credit to the management and the committee who are managing to attract these lads to Dunterlie.  

I would be astonished if these players don’t improve Arthurlie to challenge this year.

Bit underwhelmed by these signings probably an improvement on what they had before but can't see these recruits getting arthurlie back to anything close to what they used to be. 
Do you ever say anything positive about anything ? [emoji3166]

The offensive players that Arthurlie have signed are top drawer and proven at the level they will be playing at. Simeon and Leyden were wanted by some very big clubs in tier 6, but George Fotheringham is a popular coach for them, particularly Dale who has followed him wherever he has gone. There's absolutely no doubt that Arthurlie will be serious promotion contenders, in fact for me they are strong favourites.

Do you ever say anything positive about anything ? [emoji3166]

The offensive players that Arthurlie have signed are top drawer and proven at the level they will be playing at. Simeon and Leyden were wanted by some very big clubs in tier 6, but George Fotheringham is a popular coach for them, particularly Dale who has followed him wherever he has gone. There's absolutely no doubt that Arthurlie will be serious promotion contenders, in fact for me they are strong favourites.
Simeon and leyden r smashing players defo good enough 2 play tier 6 so for Arthurlie 2 sign them both alot of people Arthurlie r maybe turning the corner having havmd a few bad seasons but hopefully there back playing in the top leasgue asap. Always enjoyed my trips 2 barrhead plus we have a good record there that helps lol

Mon the papers

We are delighted to announce the signing of experienced centre half Rhys Donaldson from Rutherglen Glencairn. Rhys was the vice captain and won many individual honours at his time at the club. We are delighted to have Rhys onboard.

Rhys Donaldson.png

10 hours ago, jinky said:

Good bunch of boys who have found their level...

As long as they are good enough to take us up i will be happy.  Then we can see where we are and start recruiting accordingly.  Your backhanded compliment may well be spot on as Glencairn struggled with these boys in their ranks in the top teir last year.   This level is where most of them would possibly have ended up anyway as Glens could well have joined us but for covid19.   I have a feeling with a bit of luck and better coaching they may well improve on past performances. 

Edited by Satori.

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

As long as they are good enough to take us up i will be happy.  Then we can see where we are and start recruiting accordingly.  Your backhanded compliment may well be spot on as Glencairn struggled with these boys in their ranks in the top teir last year.   This level is where most of them would possibly have ended up anyway as Glens could well have joined us but for covid19.   I have a feeling with a bit of luck and better coaching they may well improve on past performances. 

Strange statement about the coaching were they not being coached by your current coach and I therefor assume you feel your new manager who I understand is a nice guy will be in charge of the coaching which I don`t see going down well with George Fatheringham just an outside observation and not intended as dig of any sort before anyone jumps on their high horse 

George Fotheringham is the head coach .   So your  assumption is totally wrong.  Anyone can improve, even coaches.  We now have a great blend at management level so that can only improve the players.  Some of them have that experience  in the top tier which will stand them and Arthurlie in good stead for the coming season. 

Greetings, I would like to ask you about a former Arthurlie player, if my information is not incorrect, I think he played in the late eighties and early nineties, it is Dave Fulton, formerly played in Clydebank and Dumbarton, someone remembers In what position/s did he play?

Greetings, I would like to ask you about a former Arthurlie player, if my information is not incorrect, I think he played in the late eighties and early nineties, it is Dave Fulton, formerly played in Clydebank and Dumbarton, someone remembers In what position/s did he play?

Digger is a legend at the club. Captained the side to the 1998 Scottish Junior Cup and to numerous other trophies throughout the 90’s. He played centre midfield/holding midfield.

1 hour ago, JmSG said:

Best captain ever.  An absolute legend and 1st player to be inducted into the Arthurlie hall of fame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2020 at 19:43, JmSG said:

Thank you very much, Arthurlie1981 and Satori. , very thankful.

Hi, sorry for the late arrival but.... David Fulton, Digger, is also the record appearance maker for Junior Scotland which as things are will never be beaten. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hearing rumours in Barrhead that Arthurlie are trying to sell Dunterlie.  One committee member in particular has had a number of meetings.   He has paid for someone to come in and value the ground.     I was told they have been offered £400,000 for the ground.  That may seem a lot of cash but would they be able to build a new park for that ?  I was also told we could be moving to the old Spillers site .  I'm not sure about that as I reckon it would be suicide to move there.  Taking the club further out of Barrhead will not encourage the missing fans to come back.  Really hoping the rumours are nonsense but no doubt  if they are true we will find out soon as Arthurlie are renowned for keeping the fans in the loop. 🙄  Any of my fellow Lie fans heard anything or can shed any light on the rumours  ?

Hearing rumours in Barrhead that Arthurlie are trying to sell Dunterlie.  One committee member in particular has had a number of meetings.   He has paid for someone to come in and value the ground.     I was told they have been offered £400,000 for the ground.  That may seem a lot of cash but would they be able to build a new park for that ?  I was also told we could be moving to the old Spillers site .  I'm not sure about that as I reckon it would be suicide to move there.  Taking the club further out of Barrhead will not encourage the missing fans to come back.  Really hoping the rumours are nonsense but no doubt  if they are true we will find out soon as Arthurlie are renowned for keeping the fans in the loop. [emoji849]  Any of my fellow Lie fans heard anything or can shed any light on the rumours  ?
Was last year but I re-call a rumour about a move albeit that one was a move to a community facility within Cowan Park.

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, Satori. said:
Hearing rumours in Barrhead that Arthurlie are trying to sell Dunterlie.  One committee member in particular has had a number of meetings.   He has paid for someone to come in and value the ground.     I was told they have been offered £400,000 for the ground.  That may seem a lot of cash but would they be able to build a new park for that ?  I was also told we could be moving to the old Spillers site .  I'm not sure about that as I reckon it would be suicide to move there.  Taking the club further out of Barrhead will not encourage the missing fans to come back.  Really hoping the rumours are nonsense but no doubt  if they are true we will find out soon as Arthurlie are renowned for keeping the fans in the loop. emoji849.png  Any of my fellow Lie fans heard anything or can shed any light on the rumours  ?

Was last year but I re-call a rumour about a move albeit that one was a move to a community facility within Cowan Park.

Hadn't heard that one . The only one I had heard about was the Dunterlie community centre. I know moves were made as I stay right next to it and residents were up in arms.  As far as I am aware that is dead in the water. It's not too far from the Spillers site but had so much potential whereas the Spillers site itself would be a poor choice .

Hearing rumours in Barrhead that Arthurlie are trying to sell Dunterlie.  One committee member in particular has had a number of meetings.   He has paid for someone to come in and value the ground.     I was told they have been offered £400,000 for the ground.  That may seem a lot of cash but would they be able to build a new park for that ?  I was also told we could be moving to the old Spillers site .  I'm not sure about that as I reckon it would be suicide to move there.  Taking the club further out of Barrhead will not encourage the missing fans to come back.  Really hoping the rumours are nonsense but no doubt  if they are true we will find out soon as Arthurlie are renowned for keeping the fans in the loop. [emoji849]  Any of my fellow Lie fans heard anything or can shed any light on the rumours  ?

If it is true then £400k would be an underestimation imo. Unless there was further funding coming in then that wouldn’t be enough to build a new ground. Then again you can only take what someone is offering.