League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

To be honest, if you can't see the shortcomings in the post referred to, then I think you do.

But all i've done is remind someone that the league voted to complete the season?

Please point out the shortcoming?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

But all i've done is remind someone that the league voted to complete the season?

Please point out the shortcoming?

The Hibs.net post implied no difference between the listed seasons of clubs being promoted and relegated and this season.

There is quite clearly a difference. I think even most people who disagree with Hearts' stance would see the shortcomings of saying:

"How come Hearts didn't have a problem with relegation in 2015 but they do now".

I'm pretty sure you're at it though. Nobody could miss such an obvious point except through effort. Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

The Hibs.net post implied no difference between the listed seasons of clubs being promoted and relegated and this season.

There is quite clearly a difference. I think even most people who disagree with Hearts' stance would see the shortcomings of saying:

"How come Hearts didn't have a problem with relegation in 2015 but they do now".

I'm pretty sure you're at it though. Nobody could miss such an obvious point except through effort. Have a nice day.

I still dont see my shortcoming.i never said anything about the hibs.net post as i said before.

I'm not at anything.You replied to a post i wasnt even posting to you.

Have a nice day.

Chicken Dinner.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

They should and but they won’t for all the reasons already stated as to why this season won’t start back.

Why could'nt these games be done at a later date ?

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Not sure if you're at the wind-up or if you genuinely don't see why a comparison with absolutely none of those seasons is in any way relevant to the current situation.

A bizarre post. Quite worrying someone could read that and conclude that it is 'nail on the head' stuff. It's in no way relevant.

Had any of those season been cut short at almost no notice, however, it would be 'nail on the head'. But it's not.

The person who wrote it does not grasp the nature of Hearts' grievance, and it seems you don't either.

The point is though that Hearts are bombarding the leagues with statements that their attempt for league reconstruction is purely for the good of the game and completely altruistic.  A shameful, thinly-veiled and utter lie.  

Hearts are acting purely out of self-interest, nothing else.  If Hearts had not lost 1-0 to St Mirren (god bless Obika, by the way) there were be sweet nothingness coming out of Tynecastle right now.  If Hearts admitted their true motive, everyone would have a lot more respect for them.  Instead, everyone resents the club now and just want them sent down and to move on as swiftly as possible during the biggest crises to hit our game.  

FYI I would have been in favour of long-term reconstruction.  It does make sense but Anne Budge has made an utter pigs ear of trying to railroad it through (and revealing her hand early-doors of temporary reconstruction was as bad a tactical error you will ever see from an SPFL club boardroom). 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Least Hearts and their fans are taking the news of their relegation with their usual grace and dignity.

Hope you don't mind, just a minor amend to that. ;)

10 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

When? Are you suggesting just prior to any new season. How would any of the teams be able to budget if they don't know what division they'll be in until then?

17 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Teams will then have numerous players out of contract.

The season has been voted to complete by the clubs anyway and has Uefas backing.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The top flight has just remained open due to UEFA guidelines, and they can now declare the season over, by average points, at any point.

So, we're 6th right?? 

Guest JTS98
26 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

The point is though that Hearts are bombarding the leagues with statements that their attempt for league reconstruction is purely for the good of the game and completely altruistic.  A shameful, thinly-veiled and utter lie.  

Be that as it may, how on earth does the post you copy and pasted from Hibs.net back that up?

It simply makes utterly flawed and pointless comparisons with other seasons.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Be that as it may, how on earth does the post you copy and pasted from Hibs.net back that up?

Bottom line is Budge can whine all she likes about reconstruction being dingied, but she was the one putting forward an utterly rotten reconstruction "solution" that really only benefited her club. How can she be so myopic to not realise that..

4a4.gif

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ric said:

Bottom line is Budge can whine all she likes about reconstruction being dingied, but she was the one putting forward an utterly rotten reconstruction "solution" that really only benefited her club. How can she be so myopic to not realise that..

4a4.gif

Ok. And how is that point made by referring to seasons played to a finish as normal?

It's quite a bizarre thing.

Basically the point of that Hibs.net post is

"How come in exceptional circumstances Hearts want something unusual to happen when in normal circumstances they never asked for something unusual to happen?'

Even by the standards of a football forum it is brain-dead nonsense.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

If you're saying other seasons are irrelevant, then you're tacitly admitting that reconstruction isn't there to fix any structural problems with the league competition in general, it's just a temporary quick fix to stop Hearts getting relegated, on the grounds that you think the way this season panned out is unfair. Changing something permanently for a temporary problem is surely not right.

So why fix something that isn't broken? Surely voiding the season is the correct temporary fix, since it keeps the competition intact while actually being the temporary quick fix to the one-off problem with the season. It does have it's own issues of course, since you're nuking 3/4 of a season over a relative handful of unplayed games, and it comes with problems related to competition winnings and European places.

And of course, once you agree that both options are bad options, then you can throw in the third bad option (call the season as-is and relegate/promote as applicable) and argue over which of the three bad options is the least-bad bad option. And that argument has already taken place and the answer is that option 3 won out. So it goes.