League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
21 minutes ago, paranoid android said:
Surely Scot Gardiner someone will leak this letter at some point. 

Is there a character limit on WhatsApp?

Yes, if you weren't a coward you would state your views in public, rather than on a closed, encrypted platform.

If the letter is so misleading, why is it only 5% of the teams that received said letter, that find it misleading?

They should have spoke up at the time they received it to voice their concerns, so there was no misunderstanding.

But to read it and then vote on it, not fully understanding the outcome, is completely stupid.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

If the letter is so misleading, why is it only 5% of the teams that received said letter, that find it misleading?

They should have spoke up at the time they received it to voice their concerns, so there was no misunderstanding.

But to read it and then vote on it, not fully understanding the outcome, is completely stupid.

I think this is a new letter. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I wonder what it says.  It can't be about the immediate court case since they'll all be keeping their powder dry.  Is it to do with the next steps?  Hears and Thistle in trouble with the SPFL?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I thought they were talking about the initial vote letter.

That's in their court Petition, this is new.  It's something to do with the consequences for all of them going to court I believe. 

I like the "time of this is questionable" line. Not unlike wee man Deans giving it "youse will all be spitting feathers 'cos we'll be suing yer arses" open letter that was published the day before the vote on successful businesswoman Ann Budge's second bite of the reconstruction cherry.

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's what I thought, too.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's in their court Petition, this is new.  It's something to do with the consequences for all of them going to court I believe. 

Ahhh, I see, gotcha!

I am sure the letter will be exposed soon.

9 minutes ago, The DA said:

I wonder what it says.  It can't be about the immediate court case since they'll all be keeping their powder dry.  Is it to do with the next steps?  Hears and Thistle in trouble with the SPFL?

That's their problem, they won't listen.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Ann Budge is so reluctant to actually cc 40 club chairmen in on an email, she prefers to put the response out to every human being on the planet, 6,999,999,957 of whom don't have a b*****d clue what she's on about.

But ....but she doesn’t have the contact details to explain her reconstruction plans so why would she have the contacts to cc everyone. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Probably indirectly. If it was specifically related to the case, the timing wouldn't be so questionable.

My guess is that Doncaster has been sitting on some perceived crime against decency committed by Hearts/Thistle for some weeks now, and related it to the clubs now in order to influence support for the court case (it's possible the case ultimately rests on the body of club chairman opinion).

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think it's to do with the proposal to give the SPFL board extraordinary powers for the 2020/21 season, i.e. in case covid disrupts the league again. That was proposed / reported this week, so the board will have written to all 42 clubs to see what they think. Hearts (and Thistle) will have objected to that because Leslie Deans was arguing at the time of the last reconstruction vote that the board could be using alleged extraordinary powers to push it through, but of course that never happened.

If Hearts had supported that proposal it would be an implicit admission that the board didn't have those powers in 2019/20.