League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Seen it all now, a Hearts fan calling Doncaster incompetent, while seemingly oblivious as to how incompetent Budge has been in running Hearts, that with the 3rd biggest budget in the league they were sitting bottom of the table. Couldn't make this shit up.

The hoors are really blind when it comes to seeing where the real blame for their predicament lies.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

From what I remember of Budge saying that it was jumped on by the press but it was pretty clear she was pointing out that Hearts do generate money for the league, which is true. So it's kind of answering the question "What can you do for us?"

I remember thinking it was unnecessary to say ( as everyone knows it even if they don't admit it) or advisable as it was always going to be thrown back at her. To me it's no different to saying Kelty and whoever will bring plenty of fans and money into the league so let's get them promoted. It's a simple fact that clubs with large fanbases and travelling supports and whatever are good for the game and the league they are in a general sense. That doesn't mean they have a divine right to be in a league obviously. I do get why she gets it thrown back but PR is probably down her list of priorities right now. I thought it was a bit of a Rangers-y or Celtic-y thing to say. She seems a pretty down to earth, honest person to me so that may not have crossed her mind.

Yes, a little bit of humility would likely have seen more empathy from others, many (most?) of those who were on the working group for reconstruction with her voted against her proposal so I presume that group wasn't exactly a roaring success In terms of getting clubs working together to suit as close to all as possible which likely didn't help either, then you get the proposal itself...

Four teams getting sent to the bottom tier, a step closer than they were to being out the SPFL entirely (a bit more serious than just dropping a division) and it only being temporary meaning at a point in the future there would be a massive relegation event from the championship to bring it back to 10 team's, there was going to be a lot of pain for a lot of clubs rather than just the unfortunate 3 we currently have. 

Then Rangers came in and pissed everyone off making them all go through hour long PowerPoint presentations about colt teams

Nobody gave a f**k anymore at that point and started thinking about next season. 

35 minutes ago, Lex said:

This thread man 🤣

That poor dead horse has been getting it from Hearts for months now.

I wonder how far into next season the Jambo tears will extend?

Imagine if we get another wave of Covid with about 6 games of next season to go and Hearts 7 clear at the top (of the Championship lol). Will be interesting to see Hearts go to court to stop their own promotion. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, a little bit of humility would likely have seen more empathy from others, many (most?) of those who were on the working group for reconstruction with her voted against her proposal so I presume that group wasn't exactly a roaring success In terms of getting clubs working together to suit as close to all as possible which likely didn't help either, then you get the proposal itself...

Four teams getting sent to the bottom tier, a step closer than they were to being out the SPFL entirely (a bit more serious than just dropping a division) and it only being temporary meaning at a point in the future there would be a massive relegation event from the championship to bring it back to 10 team's, there was going to be a lot of pain for a lot of clubs rather than just the unfortunate 3 we currently have. 

Then Rangers came in and pissed everyone off making them all go through hour long PowerPoint presentations about colt teams

Nobody gave a f**k anymore at that point and started thinking about next season. 

Rangers didn't help us or anyone at all. They instantly polarised things and made it all about them (and so also about Celtic). Plus they just did the usual Rangers-y things that always piss everyone off. The colts thing was opportunist pish.

Guest 8GamesToGo
17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Sorry what does that mean? We're talking 14-10-10-10 aren't we? As I understand it Cove and Edinburgh City go up replaced by Brora and Kelty, Raith and Falkirk go up, replaced by Cove and Edinburgh City, D Utd and Caley go up, replaced by Raith and Falkirk. Hearts stay where they are. I get prize money is thinned out and the split isn't ideal, like now, but I didn't see many if any losers in that proposal. Unless I've missed another proposal or something!

Seen it all now, a Hearts fan calling Doncaster incompetent, while seemingly oblivious as to how incompetent Budge has been in running Hearts, that with the 3rd biggest budget in the league they were sitting bottom of the table. Couldn't make this shit up.

3rd biggest budget and getting propped up by a benefactors millions.

They must be a close second to sevco at being the worst run club in Scotland. Come on Hamilton give money to Nigerian princes and keep it within budget!

Guest 8GamesToGo
14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Imagine if we get another wave of Covid with about 6 games of next season to go and Hearts 7 clear at the top (of the Championship lol). Will be interesting to see Hearts go to court to stop their own promotion. 

Why would we as we would have lost our case meaning promotion and relegation with several games to go is the way things are done in a pandemic.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, steelmen said:

3rd biggest budget and getting propped up by a benefactors millions.

They must be a close second to sevco at being the worst run club in Scotland. Come on Hamilton give money to Nigerian princes and keep it within budget!

FFS. Come on man. Over 8000 monthly contributors, fan saved and soon to be fan owned, the way all clubs should be owned IMO. Rangers fans failed completely to save their own club. If fans with money want to give their club money isn't that a good thing? I give what I can afford to them. FFS. A couple of awful manager appointments, a shit lot of injuries, one bad season and you get this hyperbolic shit thrown at you. FFS.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Sorry what does that mean? We're talking 14-10-10-10 aren't we? As I understand it Cove and Edinburgh City go up replaced by Brora and Kelty, Raith and Falkirk go up, replaced by Cove and Edinburgh City, D Utd and Caley go up, replaced by Raith and Falkirk. Hearts stay where they are. I get prize money is thinned out and the split isn't ideal, like now, but I didn't see many if any losers in that proposal. Unless I've missed another proposal or something!

Bit of a shorter there for Bonnyrigg Rose don't you think? Should they go to court too?

Again Kelty Hearts were 6 points clear of Bonnyrigg Rose. But Bonnyrigg Rose had a game in hand and 5 games to go.

More chance of Bonnyrigg overtaking Kelty than Hearts getting safe. 

It's fantastic watching the arguments being twisted to fit the line. If it's OK for Bonnyrigg to lose out then surely it's OK for Hearts to go down?

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Bit of a shorter there for Bonnyrigg Rose don't you think? Should they go to court too?

Again Kelty Hearts were 6 points clear of Bonnyrigg Rose. But Bonnyrigg Rose had a game in hand and 5 games to go.

More chance of Bonnyrigg overtaking Kelty than Hearts getting safe

It's fantastic watching the arguments being twisted to fit the line. If it's OK for Bonnyrigg to lose out then surely it's OK for Hearts to go down?

Talking of chance Hearts weren't even the bookie favourites to go down when the league was called. There are degrees of losing out as I'm sure you know and if the focus is on attempting to do no harm to the most clubs - which it should have been - most reasonable people see that as the best if still not the perfect solution. You can also still compensate clubs. I've always felt the biggest unfairness of the 14-10-10-10 was Dundee and Ayr missing out. So what do you do, a short playoff tournament? That would also have been fair IMO. 

By the way you are aware your own new manager agrees that relegating teams via PPG with games to play is unfair aren't you?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

13 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

FFS. Come on man. Over 8000 monthly contributors, fan saved and soon to be fan owned, the way all clubs should be owned IMO. Rangers fans failed completely to save their own club. If fans with money want to give their club money isn't that a good thing? I give what I can afford to them. FFS. A couple of awful manager appointments, a shit lot of injuries, one bad season and you get this hyperbolic shit thrown at you. FFS.

I "suspect" that @steelmenwas making the point that, despite the bits I have bolded the running of the club has been unquestionably awful.

Hearts owner has made multiple costly mistakes, from personnel to project management, to assuming that she didnt need to talk to the diddy clubs to garner their support for her reconstruction proposals.

Some of these might have explained last season - but in fact you have performed like dugshite for a lot longer than that.

One bad season anderson cooper crying GIF

28 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

No, Budge proposed 14-14-14 I had moved onto her proposal and why it played a part in 14-10-10-10 never having a chance. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No, Budge proposed 14-14-14 I had moved onto her proposal and why it played a part in 14-10-10-10 never having a chance. 

Was 14-10-10-10 an earlier rejected one then? What was wrong with that? I got fed up with the whole thing for a while and switched off. I actually don't like 14-14-14 as much for the reasons you gave but was that the one the SPFL said had good support. I do still think it meets the criteria of not damaging clubs too much compared to just calling the leagues but there are compelling reasons some clubs might not go for it. Not so sure about the Prem clubs mind you. It became clear from the way a lot of owners have acted that no solution would be voted through so here we are. If hearts and PT win who knows what happens then. A 13 team top league?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

It’s great you have 8000 monthly contributors, add that to having one of the highest average attendances in the league and a benefactor gifting you money, SBW budge is flushing it all down the toilet on dodgy managerial appointments, that stand, and some really iffy highly paid signings. That’s before you start on her childlike statements about, then going to court when the rules say you should go to arbitration first. You surely can’t think hearts are a well run club?

I am biased, but Motherwell on the other hand, are already fan owned and debt free. Not sure how many monthly contributors we have but I’m sure it’s a lot less than 8000 but Alan Burrows makes do with what he has and look at what he’s achieved.

Now if the league positions were swapped I would expect burrows to fight for us but you can bet he would follow through with taking his medicine. Sure it’s unfair but it’s the best of a bad situation.

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, steelmen said:

It’s great you have 8000 monthly contributors, add that to having one of the highest average attendances in the league and a benefactor gifting you money, SBW budge is flushing it all down the toilet on dodgy managerial appointments, that stand, and some really iffy highly paid signings. That’s before you start on her childlike statements about, then going to court when the rules say you should go to arbitration first. You surely can’t think hearts are a well run club?

I am biased, but Motherwell on the other hand, are already fan owned and debt free. Not sure how many monthly contributors we have but I’m sure it’s a lot less than 8000 but Alan Burrows makes do with what he has and look at what he’s achieved.

Now if the league positions were swapped I would expect burrows to fight for us but you can bet he would follow through with taking his medicine. Sure it’s unfair but it’s the best of a bad situation.

Motherwell fans have done a terrific job. The more fan owned clubs the better IMO. Pretty sure Budge will take the medicine once we've finished fighting our corner and lose arbitration. That'll be it over thank f**k.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

I "suspect" that [mention=16983]steelmen[/mention]was making the point that, despite the bits I have bolded the running of the club has been unquestionably awful.
Hearts owner has made multiple costly mistakes, from personnel to project management, to assuming that she didnt need to talk to the diddy clubs to garner their support for her reconstruction proposals.
Some of these might have explained last season - but in fact you have performed like dugshite for a lot longer than that.
One bad season 200.gif&key=d77ba974cbde84709331c811e3f1f7b8149f60139b18d9f9ea8943c30887df07

You used less words than me, but yeah.

Guest 8GamesToGo
34 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I "suspect" that @steelmenwas making the point that, despite the bits I have bolded the running of the club has been unquestionably awful.

One bad season anderson cooper crying GIF

I'm pretty well qualified to give a view on what makes a bad season for Hearts. 5th/6th and a cup final isn't one for me. We've been in that position numerous times, often a couple of times in a row, and without the cup run. There's an argument for saying taking 3 years to get promoted is infinitely worse than two or three 5th/6ths in the Premiership if you're trying to compare bad spells. 

This last season was unusually bad, a complete shitshow. Budge made one big mistake IMO and that was delegating all football stuff to Craig Levein. To be fair she has corrected that so we'll see what happens. I think she'll step back soon.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Given there has been no announcement, that I am aware of, that the Arbitration panel has been selected is it possible that no one on the list wants to make themselves available?

And if so who would blame them!

4713D616-0ED5-4772-925B-CB1E735F94A2.gif

7 hours ago, steelmen said:

You can’t believe the Sunday Sport... they once found a b52 bomber on the moon emoji23.png

That is a load of rubbish.

Everyone knows it was a German world war 2 bomber!