Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

5 hours ago, andy25 said:

Hes past it.

He retired 2 seasons ago because he couldn't get fit. Would be a backward step if he signed .

Ok then would you take a chance and sign him for the rest of the season and see how he gets on ? As somebody else said it would help the young yins too, bags of experience.

Edited by Talbot supporter

2 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Totally disagree.  Great experience, brilliant player to have alongside younger talent.  Yes he’s probably had his best years however he still has a lot to give.  

Was thinking along those lines aswell even for the rest of the season to help the younger players 

6 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Ok then would you take a chance and sign him for the rest of the season and see how he gets on ? As somebody else said it would help the young yins too, bags of experience.

No.

On 11/10/2023 at 13:19, fieldsofdreams said:

He played, there is also a photo of him playing. Good bit of experience even if it is just to have around the dressing room etc...

With players coming back fit and team now looking like it is gelling, things are looking much more positive. My preference would have been for league matches sooner and keep the momentum going however you can only play fixtures as they are cast. 

With the couple of recent signings I would be expecting league position to quickly change, it is the dark cloud hanging over us however things are all looking positive. 

The win against Cumnock was a big one, you seen at the end the joy between players and fans. 

I've always believed we've had the resources to improve and i've been accused of burying my head in the sand or being arrogant for thinking we wont get relegated. To be honest i was getting a little worried at a point though.  Those accusations are dying down a bit now.  Now we are starting to use the resources at hand and you're right the team are starting to gel, not quite the finished article yet of course but we're getting there.  If you take away the St. Andrews defeat, we've had a draw and a few wins in the last few weeks so its not all doom and gloom. Still a while to wait before we can start working on that league position though which will suit the nay sayers and 'tucker out' crew because everytime they look at the league we'll be down there.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Think the vast majority were behind Tucker, but probably frustrated about the pace of some of the recruitment but we are going in the right direction again

Yeah, just a minority you hear the  'tucker out's from.  This was always going to be tough season and asking for patience is a hard thing to do in this business. I've no doubt there will be more frustrations to come but as long as there is progression thats the main thing just now

5 hours ago, southerner said:

Think the vast majority were behind Tucker, but probably frustrated about the pace of some of the recruitment but we are going in the right direction again

Dont think the pace of recruitment was the issue it was the quality of recruitment that was the problem. 

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Dont think the pace of recruitment was the issue it was the quality of recruitment that was the problem. 

you see what is happening at Darvel, they went on another big spending spree in summer, number of those boys away already and they are now in the middle of a flash sale as they can not get their numbers to stack. 

It is easy to say spend money however you have to look at the long term future of the club, Talbot are playing the long game. There is plenty of potential with current squad this year was always going to be a transitional season. The board are doing the right thing for the club in my opinion. 

The likes of Luke Gillies is coming onto his game, Ross Smith only 20 and still developing as a player, Euan Thomson 19. The likes of these boys are only going to get stronger over time. 

I do not disagree that some signings never worked out however you have the likes of Connor Boyd starting to find form, Neil Slooves that has been steady all season. 

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Disagree slightly that after the second game we could all see we needed another striker and it took us to a fortnight ago to get him in. But to be fair it was quality we were calling out for and if it took to then to get the right player we can put up with that. That coincided with McCracken coming back in and we look a far better team already.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Disagree slightly that after the second game we could all see we needed another striker and it took us to a fortnight ago to get him in. But to be fair it was quality we were calling out for and if it took to then to get the right player we can put up with that. That coincided with McCracken coming back in and we look a far better team already.

We signed about 12 players and the majority of them aren't good enough.

I agree with McCracken & Glasgow back we look better.

6 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Would have been good if it was a league game today , looks like its cups for the next couple of weeks then the junior Scottish,  only 1 league game between 

Know what you mean but I'm happy enough to see us on a winning run.

hopefully it builds confidence and momentum that we can take that into the league. 

Apart from first half last week… we have been good to watch the last 3 weeks… confidence definetly building in the squad… looking more secure aswell with the current back 4 too, mccracken helping… need a new goalkeeper back there however.

Edited by botlad

Just now, botlad said:

Apart from first half last week… we have been good to watch the last 3 weeks… confidence definetly building in the squad… looking more secure aswell with the current back 4 too, mccracken helping… need a new goalkeeper back however.

Definitely need a good experienced goalkeeper. 

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Kyle McAvoy siigns from Bonnyton Thistle.  A striker 🙂

He looked like a very good player when we played them in the Scottish recently Was expecting him to land up at Beith in the near future so it will not be happening now