Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Feel like I'm going on a wild goose chase here, but if it's following the theme?

19051890-0-image-a-7_1569698510879.jpg

For the pic above?

No, it's not part of a theme. You chaps were solving my pics too quickly so I thought I'd try a slight curve ball. I can give you a clue if you want.

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Bob.jpg

Thought this would be straightforward, but it's not. There are 760 Terry Fox runs in Canada alone. I've searched for Banff Roads and Macduff Roads and come up short, so I'll need to widen that. I can't read the name of the Park, it begins with M but that's all I can see.

I'll need to come back to it.

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Thought this would be straightforward, but it's not. There are 760 Terry Fox runs in Canada alone. I've searched for Banff Roads and Macduff Roads and come up short, so I'll need to widen that. I can't read the name of the Park, it begins with M but that's all I can see.

I'll need to come back to it.

The key thing is that I am not going to choose an arbitrary picture from anywhere.  There is something very special about this picture - namely the sign in the middle.

Point Roberts Sign.jpg

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Point Roberts would be a good place to be just now.  Zero Covid.

I went there in 2016 while I was visiting Vancouver.  I went to the Immigration Office (on another street) and asked if I could pop over to have a look.  The officer asked to see my passport and asked when I had last been to the USA.  I replied 3 months earlier.  He replied "Well, according to the stamp from 3 months ago, you are still good so the only question I need to ask is 'do you need a map?' "

34 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The key thing is that I am not going to choose an arbitrary picture from anywhere.  There is something very special about this picture - namely the sign in the middle.

Point Roberts Sign.jpg

Ah, I couldn't make out anything on the warning sign and I didn't suspect it of being a border. When I saw that I knew it was going to be one of those weird border anomalies between the US and Canada, but Mr Welshbairn was there first.

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Too easy with the overview in the bottom left. https://goo.gl/maps/hpRZuzZxVccW3SjY9 

Don't slag off clues please. Started at Monaco, then Italian border and had a quick look at Strasbourg before heading for Geneva and the Alps. My wildly  mistaken rare mineral clue is still on offer btw

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't slag off clues please. Started at Monaco, then Italian border and had a quick look at Strasbourg before heading for Geneva and the Alps. My wildly  mistaken rare mineral clue is still on offer btw

The water is to the north of that border, so unless it was a mad loop it was going to have to be on a lake. The only place France has a border like that is there.

Not sure about the mineral clue, how do you mean? The mineral I was talking about was trinitite, which was formed in the first test explosion of an atomic bomb. 

I would give a clue for my pretty cryptic one above but it would go right over your head...

Edited by GordonS