LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

I've not seen any of the rumours but, while we don't know if he's any good as a coach/manager, he's probably the last club official (excluding players) who actually has a bit goodwill with the fans. If it's purely because we've gone down then that's very, very shite.

They fairly know how to get the fans onside these roasters what with Maitland's Statement and Imrie's sacking.

In my 45,soon to be 46 seasons as a fan,there has only been one time when the fans had a good relationship with the BOD and funnily enough that was during the homeless era under Ally Duguid/David Campbell but they were soon ousted by the crooks due to Watson buying the shares of Robert Gibb from his widow.

Robert Gibb died in a car crash on the way to a Board Meeting to finally get Watson and Stepek ousted.

On 16/05/2021 at 09:04, accies1874 said:

We've been so used to being the little guys, it will be interesting to see how long underperformance would be accepted/ignored in the Championship.

With Hearts back up, are y'all one of the bigger clubs in the Championship outside of whomever loses the playoff? I've not a clue in how you compare to Raith, ICT, QoS, and the rest?

Cutbacks and staff/player releases are inevitable due to relegation.
Is Imrie a good coach? Is it essential he stays, taking up a wage that could be used elsewhere?
I'll wait until it's announced and/or the real story emerges but I'm struggling to be outraged by this.
I also see that Aaron Martin and Oggy have left. No surprise. Hodson and Anderson back to their parent clubs.
Offered a contract to Nathan Thomas seemingly.
Gourlay and Trafford 'still being decided on'.
Thomas could potentially be a good signing but his injury history doesn't fill me with much confidence.
Get Gourlay to f**k.
Championship is Trafford's level so would be a decent squad player, at the right price.
I don't see the point in keeping Thomas when we have Lewis Smith, unless someone buys Smith which seems unlikely. Two players who play in the same position doing fairly similar things but both will expect to start. Suppose their injury records might mean we need a third player there...
With Hearts back up, are y'all one of the bigger clubs in the Championship outside of whomever loses the playoff? I've not a clue in how you compare to Raith, ICT, QoS, and the rest?
Nah. Most clubs next season will be around same level in terms of stature so we could finish anywhere from 1st to 10th.

Seems Callachan's got a relegation release clause so is away. Apparently Hearts and Livi interested. I've only seen a pic of a newspaper so not sure who's reporting it.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably in a minority of one, but not really bothered he's away.

I am the same. He was excellent for about 7 or 8 games around Xmas and when Anderson signed but not much better than the rest of them otherwise.

I will miss our wee rivalry to be honest. 

I grew up in the region of '93 on wards and not having a local derby. Being a bit jealous of the teams that did and getting stuck playing Killie on the days they gave everyone a derby.

Get back up and see if you can take our crown. 

MFC PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE. 

I will miss our wee rivalry to be honest. 

I grew up in the region of '93 on wards and not having a local derby. Being a bit jealous of the teams that did and getting stuck playing Killie on the days they gave everyone a derby.
Get back up and see if you can take our crown. 
MFC PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE. 
If Airdrie get past Morten in the playoff there is more chance of them coming up next season than us IMO

The gripe I have with the Callachan deal is that we allowed him to put that in his contract despite offering him a 2 year deal.

At the start of the season most of us thought he would be horrendous based on previous viewing so there’s no chance there were many other teams interested in him at that point.

So we now lose a decent player/sellable asset because the board have done some pish negotiating.

Yeah I found that weird too. He's done well to wrangle a relegation release clause (providing it was an option) considering I wanted to bomb him out by the second game of the season. The kind of signing where you to yourself "maybe he'll do well if we go down".

Callachan had apparently verbally agreed a deal with us, but the uncertainty of our league starting allowed you to swoop in. 
Probably waiting to see if you guys come up then for next season.

Though he might get a better offer now after a decent season for us - could see a Motherwell or St Mirren or Livi being in for him.

2 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Though he might get a better offer now after a decent season for us - could see a Motherwell or St Mirren or Livi being in for him.

As much as I'd like to see Callachan back, I feel with the emergence of McGhee and Anderson to play that role (and our general bloat in the midfield region) I don't know if we have a place for him even if we go up. Really enjoyed seeing him play well this season, clearly a Premiership player imo.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

Maybe Livi . Can't see him starting at Motherwell or St Mirren.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

8 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Maybe Livi . Can't see him starting at Motherwell or St Mirren.

We were rumoured to have been interested ages ago when he was leaving Hearts and Robinson was here but tbh looking at our midfield options he's absolutely not what we need. We've already got Mark O'Hara to do the sort of thing Callachan does.

And between O'Hara, Donnelly, Maguire and Crawford there's zero creativity there - which is what we're crying out for.