27 games. 14,10,10,10

"Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Partick Thistle Football Club have today lodged a petition with the Court of Session to challenge the unfair and unjust decision of the SPFL to enforce relegations, to the extreme detriment of those clubs affected.

Unfortunately, Scottish football has been unable to pull together at this time of national crisis to prevent the need for this legal challenge. We desperately hoped Court action would not be necessary, but we were left with no other option.

For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the declaration of Champions, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.

Instead, the petition primarily seeks to reduce the unfair resolution insofar as it changed the SPFL’s rules on promotion and relegation. If that remedy is not granted by the Court, we seek, in the alternative, awards of compensation relative to the significant financial loss which the unfair relegations will visit upon us.

As matters stand, we have not asked the Court to grant an interim interdict which would prevent next Season commencing on 1 August. However, we have to reserve our right to do so in the event that becomes necessary.

We would emphasise instead that we have no wish to disrupt Scottish football but rather our aim is to have the proceedings litigated to a conclusion as quickly as possible. In that regard, the Court has today granted our motion to reduce the normal period within which the SPFL must answer our petition, to 7 days.

No further comment will be made by either Club at this time."

The biggest loser in all of this is the game itself. Any pretence of a “football family” existing has been well and truly shattered by this whole sorry episode. When we do get back to playing football and chairman and board members are “greeting” their counterparts from the visiting club, If they were on either side of the vote, there will be cursory handshakes, no real warmth, and they will just want to get the game out of the way a.s.a.p. The atmosphere will be toxic and it could spread to the fans in the stands as well. It might take years for things to get back to normal, if ever.
Doncaster has presided over all of this, he should be ashamed of himself for the harm he has caused our game.

What a car crash of a public statement. Did they phone Jim Traynor for advice?

28 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

What a car crash of a public statement. Did they phone Jim Traynor for advice?

Is it a car crash? Just factually stating what the position of the club is, and the aim. Nothing more than you'd expect, I'd say

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

In what way is it a car crash ? Is it not just stating what they did today ?

"Unfortunately, Scottish football has been unable to pull together at this time of national crisis to prevent the need for this legal challenge. We desperately hoped Court action would not be necessary, but we were left with no other option. "

I'll rewrite that for them:

Unfortunately, at this time of national crisis that has f**k all to do with Hearts being rank and getting relegated this season, not enough Scottish clubs voted for the outcome that we wanted so we've taken an entirely voluntary course of action but we still have massive brass neck so will claim we were forced to do it.

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Is it a car crash? Just factually stating what the position of the club is, and the aim. Nothing more than you'd expect, I'd say

I see Ms Budge cleared up that question from earlier on.  Sounds very much like they are open to blocking the start of the season if they don't get the outcome they want.

As matters stand, we have not asked the Court to grant an interim interdict which would prevent next Season commencing on 1 August. However, we have to reserve our right to do so in the event that becomes necessary.

2 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

I see Ms Budge cleared up that question from earlier on.  Sounds very much like they are open to blocking the start of the season if they don't get the outcome they want.

Is expelling these c***s from the league an option?

4 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Should have ruled an interdict out completely, I'd say, however they'd disagree with that, and say they want to keep all options open. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why did Doncaster not just offer partick, stranraer and hearts compensation packages. He seems happy to pay back millions to BT, Sky and the BBC without batting an eyelid.

I'm going to take a wild punt in the dark here and guess that he was contractually obliged to do the latter and not the former.  Call me crazy if you want.

3 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

I'm going to take a wild punt in the dark here and guess that he was contractually obliged to do the latter and not the former.  Call me crazy if you want.

I was being sarcastic in the main although some sort of comp would surely of prevented the legal situation we're facing now.  I remember when we were shafted of a playoff spot in the 90s due to them changing the rules mid season they at least gave us 250k comp which although not great helped soften the blow.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Ecosse83

If I ever need legal advice from a lawyer I know where to go, p&b is full of them 🤣

Edited by Ecosse83

I see no issue with Hearts, Partick and Stranraer (unlikely now given they’re not taking action) being given compensation however the figures of £8m and £2m are so ridiculous I doubt even the deluded double of Budge and Low think they’ll get that.

Stopping the start of the season would just completely undermine their argument and cause more division than there already is.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see no issue with Hearts, Partick and Stranraer (unlikely now given they’re not taking action) being given compensation however the figures of £8m and £2m are so ridiculous I doubt even the deluded double of Budge and Low think they’ll get that.

Stopping the start of the season would just completely undermine their argument and cause more division than there already is.

Will all depend on timing. The relegation claim needs done and dusted quickly or there will be no other option but to hold up the season start. 

Guest Ecosse83

Jesus christ just scrap bloody relegation already. 14/10/10/10 for next season then swap to 12/12/10/10 the season after as a permanent setup. 

If they thought this through properly they would have avoided all this rubbish. 

Will all depend on timing. The relegation claim needs done and dusted quickly or there will be no other option but to hold up the season start. 

Why though?

The SPFL and the two clubs could easily negotiate a figure whilst the top division gets going again.

Jesus christ just scrap bloody relegation already. 14/10/10/10 for next season then swap to 12/12/10/10 the season after as a permanent setup. 

But if there was no relegation there would be no one to laugh at.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why though?

The SPFL and the two clubs could easily negotiate a figure whilst the top division gets going again.

But as it says the preference is to avoid relegation and if that fails look at compensation.  If the first part hasn't been decided by season start then they'll obviously have to hold up the season.

But as it says the preference is to avoid relegation and if that fails look at compensation.  If the first part hasn't been decided by season start then they'll obviously have to hold up the season.

The first part should be relatively simple to dispel given no rules were actually broken in terms of the clubs being relegated and despite the constant whinging of the two clubs, unfair does not mean it is illegal.

Let’s not kid ourselves on. Hearts and Partick are so bitter they just want to cause as much disruption as possible to the rest of the clubs that didn’t actually do anything wrong from a legal standpoint.

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It'd be cheaper to pay realistic compensation.