27 games. 14,10,10,10

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dundee utd, cove, raith talking about catastrophic financial consequences for all 42 clubs? Are they having a 🦒. I'm sure we'd manage to exist without the 110k prize money if we had to ffs.

Think they are talking about potential financial penalties as a result of the court case. 

Guest Ecosse83

What a bloody mess. 

Here's what I'd have done.

Next season 14-10-10-10 for one season, 3 automatic relegation with no play offs for Prem/championship for that season, not ideal for Championship but no Hearts so more chance of finishing 1st anyway. 

Season after 12/12/10/10 permanently. Bring back play offs as they are just now but ditch the Betfred group games to balance out the extra games. 

Yes, but I'm thinking more about the massive disparity in prize money between the teams in 12th and 13th place. As teams 13 and 14 would now be in the Premiership the drop in prize monies shouldn't be so drastic to reflect the fact that they are in the Premiership.

The drop from 12th to 13th is 2.25%. It would be fantastic if the clubs decided to make the distribution a bit more even. But I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Teams in promotion play off spots might have went to court or at least voiced displeasure as they would've had as much a chance of going up as teams in 2nd did, through the play offs.

If the season had been declared null and void then by definition no one could argue that they were denied a promotion. Under null and void effectively the season never took place.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dundee utd, cove, raith talking about catastrophic financial consequences for all 42 clubs? Are they having a 🦒. I'm sure we'd manage to exist without the 110k prize money if we had to ffs.

They are talking about the potential of splitting £10,000,000 40 ways. 

50 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What a bloody mess. 

Here's what I'd have done.

Next season 14-10-10-10 for one season, 3 automatic relegation with no play offs for Prem/championship for that season, not ideal for Championship but no Hearts so more chance of finishing 1st anyway. 

Season after 12/12/10/10 permanently. Bring back play offs as they are just now but ditch the Betfred group games to balance out the extra games. 

What extra games? If the championship splits it's only 2, or are you suggesting a 44 game season?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What leadership did you want the board to impose, a conclusion to the season and reconstruction? They have given choices on both and asked for other proposals. When they tried to recommend their own preferred option some clubs cried bullying. A majority of clubs voted to end the season and have rejected reconstruction several times.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

Hes a Falkirk fan, they'll claim that any set up that promotes them is the right one.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I like the way it's always presented as the logical choice.

And if you disagree its because "SELF INTEREST", yet if you told them Hearts being punted would open up a Championship space, they'd then argue Falkirk are more deserving of that spot than Partick.

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They are talking about the potential of splitting £10,000,000 40 ways. 

It would have to come out the tv money obviously just like the sky compensation .  It's not spread evenly between all 42.A big hit for the top flight clubs but peanuts to league one and two. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If the season had been declared null and void then by definition no one could argue that they were denied a promotion. Under null and void effectively the season never took place.

I know that.

I was replying to Bairn in Exile's point about no team being negatively affected by 14 10 10 10.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It would have to come out the tv money obviously just like the sky compensation .  It's not spread evenly between all 42.A big hit for the top flight clubs but peanuts to league one and two. 

Fortunately it isn't happening as they will never win this, if they do they may not have much left to play against. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Fortunately it isn't happening as they will never win this, if they do they may not have much left to play against. 

Certainly the top flight would struggle and some championship but league one and two should cope.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly the top flight would struggle and some championship but league one and two should cope.

How do you make that out?

Firstly it's immaterial, they won't win. But if they did the cost would be proportionate. Your reasoning is back to front. Celtic could pay it all and still win the league with their remaining funds. Albion Rivers could go bust if they were £5k short in their allocation.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a Falkirk fan, they'll claim that any set up that promotes them is the right one.

I never mentioned anything about the promotion the main point i was making was the lack of any leadership by the SPFL and mainly doncaster in this farce.  The biggest contributing factor is the SPFL board is made up of member clubs.  If they wanted any impartiality there cant be any ties to any one club i.e. hire folk external to the member clubs.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I never mentioned anything about the promotion the main point i was making was the lack of any leadership by the SPFL and mainly doncaster in this farce.  The biggest contributing factor is the SPFL board is made up of member clubs.  If they wanted any impartiality there cant be any ties to any one club i.e. hire folk external to the member clubs.

The Board cant force anything through, so what "leadership" were you expecting?

Handing power to "external" forces, with no emotional ties to clubs, is the most dangerous thing you could possibly do.