The Salisbury Poisonings

NJ2

Aye, I live down Wiltshire, the town where someone died from it is Amesbury is my local village. 

The pub they keep mentioning, the mill is beautiful. 

I’m guessing that’s either the guy or girl that the council moved there. Did you stay there at the time? Naively never really considered the impact it must have had on local lives at the time, things boarded off etc.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I’m guessing that’s either the guy or girl that the council moved there. Did you stay there at the time? Naively never really considered the impact it must have had on local lives at the time, things boarded off etc.

The girl, sure the guy survived. I moved not long after and tbf you wouldn't know it had happened, I genuinely didn't even know their were any council houses in Amesbury, it's a lovely little village right next to Stonehenge. 

Been cool seing all the locations and recognising them, before all this kicked off with covid I used to go to a pub quiz on a Wednesday on the pub next door to the mill. 

The girl, sure the guy survived. I moved not long after and tbf you wouldn't know it had happened, I genuinely didn't even know their were any council houses in Amesbury, it's a lovely little village right next to Stonehenge. 

Been cool seing all the locations and recognising them, before all this kicked off with covid I used to go to a pub quiz on a Wednesday on the pub next door to the mill. 

Spoiler alert!! [emoji23]
Sounds a bit like Aberdour where I spent some formative years, lovely little village with some council houses I didn’t even realise about.
That’d be quite strange, especially with it being such a wee place.
Enjoying the tv programme though, the public health wife took this more seriously and responded much better than the current government with covid.

I've been a bit disappointed by this. For me it jumps about from character to character too much. I imagine they're trying to show the impact on individuals and their families but it makes it a bit difficult to follow any storyline. I can see now where they're going with the homeless couple but what's the story with the Mark Addy character? He seems to be on the verge of announcing or doing something major but it's not really creating any drama.  There's also a noticeable inconsistency in the level and type of PPE that characters wear in certain scenes. Perhaps the final episode will bring it together.

Worked ok as a drama with loads of emphasis on the impact on the main family characters. No spoilers from me and at least as a drama it was condensed into three programmes rather than stretched out in to the far horizon. Clearly not a documentary and it condensed much of the time lapses , and it did puzzle me when the top scientist could only explain the illness not affecting the Bailey family  as a "miracle". It was well acted and a lot of money went into army uniforms and lorries. I agree with Northboy that it was remarkably cavalier about the PPE.

A good drama, fairly informative as well...albeit with some wild PPE policy in place for some and not others!
Pretty gut wrenching at the end when Gracie made her speech. Bit of a insight in to the horrible gutter press as well, the way they portrayed Dawn and hounded her family.
Tracy Daszkiewicz deserves a lot of praise for the job she done.