Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

14 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

No, he means the upgrades that will be announced soon...

Clueless...

Well if they haven’t been announced yet... :1eye 

That’s not what he meant at all though as he’s been spinning that yarn and sharing your team’s business with all and sundry since formed. 

On 18/05/2021 at 19:18, Deanburn Dave said:

Hope you're doing well young William. Agree with the sentiment and would love to see it but realistically with the way the NPA is set up as a Private Company Limited by Guarantee AND a charity they would find it almost impossible to sell Newtown Park irrespective of how much the BU's offered.

Bo’ness united had the opportunity before npa was formed to take ownership of park that they looked after never owned out right.

if npa fail it will fall back into hands of falkirk council and then  they are in a mess 

on the athletic front im more concerned about our chairman greeting in paper about losing funding 

surely united should be working harder to out fox the opposition and as a famous manager said welcome the chase of the parasites of athletic instead of greeting like a child 

Bo’ness united had the opportunity before npa was formed to take ownership of park

Is that what you think or what you know ?
My understanding which I have stated before is that Newtown Park was gifted by deed to the people of Bo'ness for recreational purposes, primarily the playing of Football. A lot of time has passed and trustees and councils have come and gone. Several years ago Falkirk Council wanted it off their hands but the legal advice was that they couldn't sell it and certainly couldn't just gift it away to Bo'ness United. As there was an impass on this matter it was resolved by the setting up of the NPA and the transfer of Newtown Park to them.

If there was ever a suggestion made to the BU they could take over ownership of the park it was probably before the legal advice was obtained.

If people in the know think I am wrong and talking bollox feel free to educate me.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bublue ,
agree 100% that the BU wouldn't want NPA to fail. BU fans should seriously consider paying annual NPA membership to ensure they have a say in the future of Newtown Park.

NPA members have a say. BU fans do not. That's the bottom line.

Much is NPA membership?

So which players will the BU faithful be cheering on next season ?  Who is staying and who is going.   

SQUAD ANNOUNCED AS SIGNED ON FOR NEXT SEASON -  Murphy ,   Locke,  Stevenson, Grant

NEW FOR NEXT SEASON-   Darren McCormack (Centrehalf) , Lewis Hawkins (Right back and Captain at Tranent), Danny Galbraith (winger from Gala Fairydean)   + 6 Camelon players are on their way (that rumour has been confirmed by someone in an intimate relationship with a Camelon player ...and it's not Alancamelonfan before any rumours start !!  Alan helpfully suggested unconfirmed names on this thread on 7th May if you want to check possible names)

LEAVING or RETIRED-     Ritchie, Adamson, McFarlane, Donnelly, Meikle, Campbell, Snowdon, Moyes 

THAT LEAVES A BIG CHUNK OF PLAYERS FROM LAST SEASON UNACCOUNTED FOR....... Hunter, Jacobs, Macgregor, Turnbull, Faulds, Comrie, Gemmell Anderson Miller.    Anybody got any news on these guys BU futures ?

MacKenzie and Wharton are presumably returning to Pollok 

Big turnover this season

So which players will the BU faithful be cheering on next season ?  Who is staying and who is going.   
SQUAD ANNOUNCED AS SIGNED ON FOR NEXT SEASON -  Murphy ,   Locke,  Stevenson, Grant
NEW FOR NEXT SEASON-   Darren McCormack (Centrehalf) , Lewis Hawkins (Right back and Captain at Tranent), Danny Galbraith (winger from Gala Fairydean)   + 6 Camelon players are on their way (that rumour has been confirmed by someone in an intimate relationship with a Camelon player ...and it's not Alancamelonfan before any rumours start !!  Alan helpfully suggested unconfirmed names on this thread on 7th May if you want to check possible names)
LEAVING or RETIRED-     Ritchie, Adamson, McFarlane, Donnelly, Meikle, Campbell, Snowdon, Moyes 
THAT LEAVES A BIG CHUNK OF PLAYERS FROM LAST SEASON UNACCOUNTED FOR....... Hunter, Jacobs, Macgregor, Turnbull, Faulds, Comrie, Gemmell Anderson Miller.    Anybody got any news on these guys BU futures ?

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

We shouldn't forget that Morgan and Nimmo also departed from last season's squad.

From your unaccounted for list, I think Hunter is a cert to be back.  I really hope Jacobs, Comrie and Gemmell too.  I thought Miller was still in contract but may be wrong there.  I don't see Turnbull or Faulds returning, as they were the first to drop out when COVID started.  I may be doing him a disservice but I shudder to think what condition Kieran is in.  I hope he has been keeping as fit as possible, because we all know there is a player in there..  As for McGregor, meh.

On 20/05/2021 at 15:04, Deanburn Dave said:

5 of the 6 are almost certain but keir macaulay has apparently went to crossgates.  Possibly could be ryan lockie

14 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cheers Alan, what position does he play ?

Left back or centre half. Had interest from livi at one point but his interest and form kinda dropped after that. If can get him interested again he could play higher level as well

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
14 hours ago, Big Dougie said:
I believe you guys are in for Jamie McCormack from BSC.

Another experienced defender. The BSC players player of the year in April 2020.

He also won that award when he was at Shire before that. Good signing for any club at this level.