Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Red card for Tommy Coyne.......sorry diddy League thread for that pish

16 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

LTHV just went 2-3 up at at Linlithgow Rose. 86 mins.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Rose lost 3-2 tonight.

Tut-tut Dave! Schoolboy error. Delete these posts before their resident plums see when you were posting about their mob.

Edited by 8MileBU

Positives:

Zander showing great form, involved in all 4 goals and unlucky to not have scored more than 3 himself.
Kieran Anderson showing a lot of hard graft again, and unlucky that the 4th wasn't his from the free kick

Unbeaten run still intact despite 2 incredibly tough games in less than a week.

Negatives:

Defence showing their age, against pacy players they're really struggling and number of games is clearly catching up already

Nick Locke is a huge loss, hopefully not out for long but it looked not too good.

I feel like EK on saturday will be an even tougher watch than today

With East Stirling having lost tonight (thanks in part to Marty Wright's first goal of the season for the colts!), that leaves just us, BSC, and EK as the only unbeaten teams in the league. Saturday will likely narrow that down to 2 but I don't fancy our chances of being one of them

13 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Positives:

Zander showing great form, involved in all 4 goals and unlucky to not have scored more than 3 himself.
Kieran Anderson showing a lot of hard graft again, and unlucky that the 4th wasn't his from the free kick

Unbeaten run still intact despite 2 incredibly tough games in less than a week.

Negatives:

Defence showing their age, against pacy players they're really struggling and number of games is clearly catching up already

Nick Locke is a huge loss, hopefully not out for long but it looked not too good.

I feel like EK on saturday will be an even tougher watch than today

While I kind-of agree, especially BSCs 2nd goal when they roasted our quickest defender and got a cross in, I think the goals we lost were down to generally poor concentration and marking. Midfield didn’t keep up and get back quickly enough to bolster the defence too. 

I’m not convinced Locke wasn’t already carrying a knock. Struggled to get into the game tonight and looked a bit out-of-sorts before he even pulled up injured.

Edited by 8MileBU

love praising the guys, all warranted, but they have to take it on the chin when not so hot.

We should not have got beat there. yeah, they were quicker, looked stronger  and defo appeared more hungrier, but still,  at 4-3, an extra man ...we should have been more street wise and started to "manage" the game a little better. 

The goals we lost were poor, very poor. Last goal, I'm not sure if he jumped to header it.

Little disappointed, but I will take that point.

another point to put into our survival bag.

tomorrow I will be jumping for joy at this point earned. Roll on tomorrow.

have a good evening Gents,

MoM: Big Andy.

C'Mon the BUs.

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

While I kind-of agree, especially BSCs 2nd goal when they roasted our quickest defender and got a cross in, I think the goals we lost were down to generally poor concentration and marking. Midfield didn’t keep up and get back quickly enough to bolster the defence too.

Think Michael Gemmell summed that up in his after match comments. We are hanging on in there.

Plenty of talent and pace in that BSC Glasgow team so it was always going to be a tough game for the BU's.   Andy was the busier keeper by a distance so let's take the point and move on to East Kilbride.       Now the old ticker has slowed down a bit I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed that game ......some good Fitbaw for the fans.