Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

7 hours ago, seenitall said:

Careful Bo , I was accused of “knocking the club” when alluding to people that maybe shouldn’t have been in Newtown .

Not sure what was meant by that, but I understand why they had a pop. 

For arguments sake, say there had been folk in at Newtown that maybe shouldn’t have been (there wasn’t) - Why would any BU fan go shouting about it on a public forum and potentially draw the wrong sort of attention to the club? Facts are BU did no wrong, but it won’t do any club or the hopes of fans getting back in any sooner if folk are throwing wild claims or questions about.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and nothing like as well spread out as they are at Newtown Park to at least make it look like they are doing something useful. EK don't look that strong in those highlights. Don't think that's the sort of quality Kelty were at last season, if highlights are enough to judge that sort of thing. Time will tell I guess.

EK are good but I felt had Fash been playing we would have beaten them. Bo'ness going great guns...Good too see!

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and nothing like as well spread out as they are at Newtown Park to at least make it look like they are doing something useful. EK don't look that strong in those highlights. Don't think that's the sort of quality Kelty were at last season, if highlights are enough to judge that sort of thing. Time will tell I guess.

Not trying to push up the hype on our draw, Long Time, but I am led to believe they are a very tidy outfit: bit of pace, experience, youth and some right quality. Unsure if the highlights did them justice and I believe Bo'ness being such tight a unit/ working together, for each other, may just have limited their chances also.

I would say that they will be there, or there about, come the business end.

Be nice to keep them company.

LongTimeLurker suggests "EK don't look that strong in those highlights".........hard to tell based on a few minutes of play.       What I do know is that once the BU back 4 is in place with a shield of busy midfielders in front of them they are a hard unit to break down. 

Wharton for me will be a decent addition for this league, I saw him a few times when he was at Queens Park, in my opinion a solid centre half, no nonsense.

I know it is a cup game, not as much pressure on the guys, but I can't wait to see them performing again.

We are sort of spoiled ref, performances and overall effort, but I  still hope the guys show their personal pride and produce the sort of team effort and spirit we have become accustomed to.

I am pretty sure they will.

I think I said earlier that in the last few years, Burntisland have become a much better team, harder to score against.

The BUs being in the LL will obviously make us favourites but I think it will be a pretty difficult game tomorrow. However, our fitness levels mixed in with the high press, I feel, will eventually bring dividends.

C'Mon the BUs.

Below is a BU Tweet from 45 minutes ago. Tweet 1 of 2 was just the standard Game available on Fanbase announcement from the BU's. But the one below suggests we will not get an emailed link but access it directly from Fanbase.

(2 of 2)
*IMPORTANT*

To get the link to the game when it is available it will be uploaded to the @Fanbase_clubs portal, where you buy the tickets, under next fixture. This will be the delivery method ongoing. Click the button and it will take you to the stream! https://t.co/N0jJLAuXmG

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Below is a BU Tweet from 45 minutes ago. Tweet 1 of 2 was just the standard Game available on Fanbase announcement from the BU's. But the one below suggests we will not get an emailed link but access it directly from Fanbase.

(2 of 2)
*IMPORTANT*

To get the link to the game when it is available it will be uploaded to the @Fanbase_clubs portal, where you buy the tickets, under next fixture. This will be the delivery method ongoing. Click the button and it will take you to the stream! https://t.co/N0jJLAuXmG

So click the square thing to the right of the fixture?

Guys, great spot. I would have been sitting there shouting at my email wondering where the H was my link.

brilliant guys Thank you.

on another "blonde" moment: Raffle tickets?

I only heard about them last week, was going to get one this week but there was no tick box. Am I correct in assuming, you pay £6 instead of only £5 and you are electronically tagged with a raffle ticket?

sorry guys, age 🙂

C'Mon the BUs