OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Twitter: Aberdeen - 128k, Luton Town - 173k

Instagram: Aberdeen - 80k, Luton Town - 219k

Facebook: Aberdeen - 135k, Luton Town - 254k

Confirmed by @gazelle83, Luton Town are a far bigger club than Aberdeen.

Impressions FC.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Twitter: Aberdeen - 128k, Luton Town - 173k

Instagram: Aberdeen - 80k, Luton Town - 219k

Facebook: Aberdeen - 135k, Luton Town - 254k

Confirmed by @gazelle83, Luton Town are a far bigger club than Aberdeen.

Pardon?

Some clubs measures size by attendance, or number of fans etc.

I personally think there's more to it....

Only thing that proves is Hearts social media engagement is shite, which most Hearts fans know.

Salford City have almost as many twitter followers as Aberdeen, it means nowt. They are a tiny club.

I agree crowds aren't the sole measure of a bigger team obviously, but I was using the attendance as something that would appeal to Kent compared to where he was.

That said, we are clearly a bigger fucking team than Peterborough. As are Aberdeen and Hibs.

I'm not on board with Scottish fans talking down our league to the extent we are wondering why tge Premiership is appealing to L1 players.

11 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Absolutely this. Peterborough average under 8k a week, Hearts are a bigger club in nearly every measurement. Can't believe we'd be a tough sell to a Peterborough player unless some really young up and coming player with an eye on the PL.

I'm not saying Hearts aren't a bigger club than Peterborough. My issue is that there are lots of other clubs with more money to spend and who are a better prospect for a 27 year old leaving them for a less than huge fee. It makes me suspicious that we're his choice. Plenty of richer clubs in England and none of them want this guy.

Coming to Scotland makes sense for damaged goods with injury pasts or who haven't been getting a game and need to rebuild. Any decent English player will stay in England if they have the chance to.

Anyway, I hope he does well. But these things always make me uneasy. In terms of fees and wages, there'll be similar players to be had for better deals elsewhere.

Edited by DoingThe42

11 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm not saying Hearts aren't a bigger club than Peterborough. My issue is that there are lots of other clubs with more money to spend and who are a better prospect for a 27 year old leaving them for a less than huge fee. It makes me suspicious that we're his choice. Plenty of richer clubs in England and none of them want this guy.

Coming to Scotland makes sense for damaged goods with injury pasts or who haven't been getting a game and need to rebuild. Any decent English player will stay in England if they have the chance to.

Anyway, I hope he does well. But these things always make me uneasy. In terms of fees and wages, there'll be similar players to be had for better deals elsewhere.

I don't understand what's suspicious about it. They would rather keep him but he's not signing a new deal. He's played over 80 games the last two seasons so isn't some squad player. Barry Fry said he had offers from England but has chosen Hearts because he fancies a new challenge ge and knows some of our players who speak highly of us.

Look he might be shite, but I don't personally see much issue with looking at England if we think there's value there. It doesn't stop us looking at other markets either as Nieuwenhof shows.

Anyway as you say, we all want him to do well so doesn't really matter.

Edited by Tony Wonder

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't understand what's suspicious about it. They would rather keep him but he's not signing a new deal. He's played over 80 games the last two seasons so isn't some squad player. Barry Fry said he had offers from England but has chosen Hearts because he fancies a new challenge ge and knows some of our players who speak highly of us.

Look he might be shite, but I don't personally see much issue with looking at England if we think there's value there. It doesn't stop us looking at other markets either as Nieuwenhof shows.

I hope you're right. There's definitely been a need for a centre half. With this and another midfielder in with the Australian lad, I don't think the squad is far away from what we'll need, considering those back from injury.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kingsley does this year. I think he suffered a lot from the chaos at the back in terms of changing selection as well as his injuries. Hopefully get something similar to what we had with him previously.

8 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I hope you're right. There's definitely been a need for a centre half. With this and another midfielder in with the Australian lad, I don't think the squad is far away from what we'll need, considering those back from injury.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kingsley does this year. I think he suffered a lot from the chaos at the back in terms of changing selection as well as his injuries. Hopefully get something similar to what we had with him previously.

Agree about Kingsley,  think he had a lot going on personally as well so hopefully he comes back refreshed as he's top class when at his best.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Since there appears to be no Hearts 23/24 Euro thread - here is the 'pot' for today

May be an image of american football and text that says "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Group 5 Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) FC Zimbru Chisinau (MDA) Club Brugge (BEL)- AGF Aarhus (DEN) FC Twente (NED) Hammarby Fotboll (SWE) HNK Rijeka (CRO)- KF Dukagjini (KOS) Crusaders FC (NIR) Rosenborg BK (NOR) Kecskeméti TE (HUN) Riga FC (LVA) FC Differdange 03 (LUX)- NK Maribor (SVN) KA Akureyri (ISL)- Dundalk FC (IRL) B36 Tórshavn FRO) Haverfordwest County AFC (WAL) Heart of Midlothian FC (SCO)"

Horrible set of options that. No chance at all against the top 2. Twente, very unlikely. Rijeka would be heavy favourites but you might have an outside chance. Best shot is Rosenborg. They would be favourites but are currently 10th in the league, certainly a better shout than the others.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Happy New Season, everyone. Aye, good draw. We're in for two tough ties if we're to make the groups either way (and I don't think we will), but this is the best we could have hoped for.

I'll go if it's Crusaders, but can;t be fucked with Norway.

Should have just finished third, Vincent.