OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

6 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

You’d fancy hearts to take them at home. 2-1 away isn’t a bad result. 

Agree. A packed Tynecastle and an early goal for Hearts and I think Rosenberg will collapse. They are certainly not as good as past Rosenberg sides. Fair play to Hearts for getting back in the tie after trailing 2-0 at HT.

Btw did Beni get injured again? I see he got subbed at HT.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Agree. A packed Tynecastle and an early goal for Hearts and I think Rosenberg will collapse. They are certainly not as good as past Rosenberg sides. Fair play to Hearts for getting back in the tie after trailing 2-0 at HT.

Btw did Beni get injured again? I see he got subbed at HT.

Looked like he tweaked his hamstring chasing back after losing the ball at the 2nd. But he walked off so hopefully nowt too serious. He was 100% being subbed anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looked like he tweaked his hamstring chasing back after losing the ball at the 2nd. But he walked off so hopefully nowt too serious. He was 100% being subbed anyway. 

Clearly a very good player but plagued by injuries. I was recently told Beni doesn't accept a lot of conventional medication for his injuries due to his religious beliefs. If he hadn't had his recent knee injury I suspect you'd have already made a  healthy profit off him. 

Shankland scoring again today (and in Europe) may attract some attention from suitors.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Clearly a very good player but plagued by injuries. I was recently told Beni doesn't accept a lot of conventional medication for his injuries due to his religious beliefs. If he hadn't had his recent knee injury I suspect you'd have already made a  healthy profit off him. 

Shankland scoring again today (and in Europe) may attract some attention from suitors.

That rumour has done thr rounds but I don't think it's true. Initially people said he refused an operation but he 100% had one.

12 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Much better 2nd half, especially last half hour. 

After this and the St Johnstone game, I'm not 100% convinced by Hearts' cunning plan of luring teams into a false sense of confidence by playing shit for the first hour of every game. 

4 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

After this and the St Johnstone game, I'm not 100% convinced by Hearts' cunning plan of luring teams into a false sense of confidence by playing shit for the first hour of every game. 

I can see the sense in keeping strength on the bench and finishing strongly. It's not a bad idea and I think it'll work better with more available.

We're adding Vargas, Tagawa, Niewenhof, and eventually Halkett to what was available last night and in the medium-term that should make the starting eleven stronger.

I always think back to the absolutely shite options we had on the bench in the 2022 cup final. That essentially killed out chances of winning the cup and I'm not against this as an overall plan. Especially away from home. At home I expect we'll be much more aggressive.

On 10/08/2023 at 20:59, VincentGuerin said:

That deeply racist rumour has been doing the rounds. But it is just that.

Not sure if the Beni rumour is true or not but my white Scottish auntie was of the same opinion. Some Christian sect that forbade medicine. Didn't stop her enjoying a wee bevy or  two though.

Anyway, Beni to be on the bench. Ease him back FFS! Devlin on bench too or doing some passing training.

On 11/08/2023 at 09:30, VincentGuerin said:

I can see the sense in keeping strength on the bench and finishing strongly. It's not a bad idea and I think it'll work better with more available.

We're adding Vargas, Tagawa, Niewenhof, and eventually Halkett to what was available last night and in the medium-term that should make the starting eleven stronger.

I always think back to the absolutely shite options we had on the bench in the 2022 cup final. That essentially killed out chances of winning the cup and I'm not against this as an overall plan. Especially away from home. At home I expect we'll be much more aggressive.

Also McKay, who is still easily a first pick for me as things stand, even if that isn't the majority opinion.

I don't think there's any great mystery about the "playing shite for the first hour" thing. Shankland isn't a lone striker, Nieuwenhof isn't a 10, Forrest isn't the required quality. Options maybe dictated that we played that way, but hopefully that won't be the case again this season and we should be able to field a strong and balanced front 4 from the start (McKay, Oda, Shankland, Tagawa) with varied options off the bench (Lowry, Boyce, Vargas).

One slight concern at the moment for me is midfield. If we can't move the ball quickly and incisively enough then we're not going to make the use of those attacking options. Hopefully Beni can get back to his best and Nieuwenhof is able to smash the "decent option" ceiling the other Aussies have run into and become a key player.

58 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Barry Anderson reporting that there’s strong interest from Saudi Arabia and England in Shankland. Club not in any rush to sell but apparently £3m+ could change that…

Or the fact Shankland will be demanding to go.    

On 10/08/2023 at 20:33, VincentGuerin said:

This is it, basically.

Starting Beni was a mistake, but we've got away with it to a degree. We've got a decent swing at it next week.

Baffling, that's not keeping alert & managing the tie, so that's my exit right there

Still in it though

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Quite relaxed about this. Obviously, first choice is he stays. But if he's going to go, now is the time to sell. And if we do sell, then it'll be a decent wedge and more money to put into the team. I feel we're better placed to lose him now than we would have been last season.

Only issue is we'll need another striker in, so the club better have options to go and not get caught on their heels as if the possibility of him moving wasn't there.

If it's SA we should be trying to get as much as possible, Hibs got £3m for Boyle before the explosion in money over there so we should be testing for £4m+ IMO.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'd take £3M for Shankland as long as we get a decent replacement for him and bank whatever change we have.

I find the latter part a strange fixation. Surely as a football supporter you want the money to be spent on the best possible players rather than banked? I'm not advocating a Romanov approach, but I fail to see what competitive advantage there is from having cash reserves.

49 minutes ago, Darren said:

I find the latter part a strange fixation. Surely as a football supporter you want the money to be spent on the best possible players rather than banked? I'm not advocating a Romanov approach, but I fail to see what competitive advantage there is from having cash reserves.

Aye fair point.