OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

5 minutes ago, woolf said:

I’d be pissed right off if guys like Holt (no disrespect) we’re anywhere near signing for Hearts.We need some quality in midfield,right back and a decent option up front.Half term report card is really good but lots of room for improvement.

Were finding ways to win games which is awesome but a couple of quality signings we’d be out of sight for best of the rest.

Fair enough; all about depth with those 2, obvs

28 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Would anyone take Holt or Brandon back?

Sneaky suspicion we might be in for Holt, plus 3 X RWB sounds good

No, while we all know we need a right back I’d be wanting someone better than Atkinson to come in and improve the team - I don’t think Brandon would do that. Holt wouldn’t get a look in at us tbh. 

Today was more of the same, very little quality but job done. Certainly can’t complain the more we extend the gap in 3rd. Long may it continue!

Just now, NJ2 said:

No, while we all know we need a right back I’d be wanting someone better than Atkinson to come in and improve the team - I don’t think Brandon would do that. Holt wouldn’t get a look in at us tbh. 

Today was more of the same, very little quality but job done. Certainly can’t complain the more we extend the gap in 3rd. Long may it continue!

JB would he the 3rd RB though; we all know we're liable to lose players

Could be a long time before NA and KR come back; they're likely to get to SF or Final

25 points from the last 33 available is an excellent return considering that includes both Old Firm teams as well as Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie away.

The first two league games after the break are massive. If we can get 6 points from those then we'll be in a much more commanding position than we were at any point last season.

What we can't afford is a repeat of last January where we rested on our laurels because recent results were good. There are flaws in the team which need addressing if we're going to see it out. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

25 points from the last 33 available is an excellent return considering that includes both Old Firm teams as well as Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie away.

The first two league games after the break are massive. If we can get 6 points from those then we'll be in a much more commanding position than we were at any point last season.

What we can't afford is a repeat of last January where we rested on our laurels because recent results were good. There are flaws in the team which need addressing if we're going to see it out. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Aye, Dundee and Aberdeen are huge games. Six points on the board there and we'll be looking tough to catch.

The way it looks just now there are a few teams that could go either way (us included). Hibs look very inconsistent, but I'd still not be shocked to see them top four, and I think there's still a chance Aberdeen come good. Important we don't give them any encouragement. Two wins from those first games back would mean Aberdeen and Hibs would both still be eight points behind us if they won all their games in hand. Starts to look a tall order at that point. However, if we get beat, they've got a foot in the door and it's game on.

I can't see any of the other challengers having the squads to go on and get third this season.

4 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

JB would he the 3rd RB though; we all know we're liable to lose players

Could be a long time before NA and KR come back; they're likely to get to SF or Final

I want us to bring in a first choice right back though. Difficult in January perhaps but doesn’t mean I’m happy for us to settle with just bloating the squad. I think we’ve already more depth at centre half with Halks, Kent, Sibbs and Kingsley all able deputies in there. 

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I want us to bring in a first choice right back though. Difficult in January perhaps but doesn’t mean I’m happy for us to settle with just bloating the squad. I think we’ve already more depth at centre half with Halks, Kent, Sibbs and Kingsley all able deputies in there. 

Absolutely

We may be in for Handa, but huge shouts for Shaun Rooney, who would hit the ground running

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

The main crime last January was not getting in a proper aggressive centre half.

I'd say there's no need for that just now, as you outline. The defence is doing really well, and even if Beni is going to leave in the summer, having him in the middle of ther park in front of that should give us the continued clean sheets to see us to third. It's the defensive record that has us up there, and we're doing much better than our rivals in that regard. Kent has been a tremendous signing, and without the injuries of last season, we look miles better at the back.

The obvious worry is Shankland getting an injury (or being sold), and I think we could kick ourselves for not getting cover there.

Wouldn't be against moving a few on, but it depends what we're able to bring in. No sense in rushing it and replacing the likes of Haring now, when we know what he can do for us, and we'll have better options to replace him in the summer.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, Dundee and Aberdeen are huge games. Six points on the board there and we'll be looking tough to catch.

The way it looks just now there are a few teams that could go either way (us included). Hibs look very inconsistent, but I'd still not be shocked to see them top four, and I think there's still a chance Aberdeen come good. Important we don't give them any encouragement. Two wins from those first games back would mean Aberdeen and Hibs would both still be eight points behind us if they won all their games in hand. Starts to look a tall order at that point. However, if we get beat, they've got a foot in the door and it's game on.

I can't see any of the other challengers having the squads to go on and get third this season.

I think Aberdeen are the main ones to keep an eye on. A squad which could come good and 3 games in hand. They'll be doing well to take maximum points in winter midweek games at St Johnstone and Dundee though.

Kilmarnock are a decent side and have points on the board. Maybe don't win against non-OF teams consistently enough.

Hibs have a game in hand but have also only played Rangers once. They'll need some major changes in January I think.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think Aberdeen are the main ones to keep an eye on. A squad which could come good and 3 games in hand. They'll be doing well to take maximum points in winter midweek games at St Johnstone and Dundee though.

Kilmarnock are a decent side and have points on the board. Maybe don't win against non-OF teams consistently enough.

Hibs have a game in hand but have also only played Rangers once. They'll need some major changes in January I think.

I think this is probably the case. It's similar to last January in that they need to sort their defence out. They're conceding about twice as many goals a game as we are, and if they don't sort that, they won't catch us. Hopefully after last January's failure, there's no complacency.

Keeping Shankland till the summer seems a no-brainer. A bit of good standard cover in the areas mentioned above, and we'll have no cause for complaint.

Hibs are a bit of an unknown, really. As it stands too inconsistent, but they might go and spend a bit. Need to wait and see.

I know Atkinson has improved a lot defensively but he's not technically good enough to be a starter imo. First touch, passing, crossing, shooting all too erratic. I'd be looking for better than just cover/competition.

Striker and CM probably the other obvious areas for cover/improvement. Tagawa and Nieuwenhof haven't made the desired impact.

11 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Theres zero chance Aberdeen catch up surely? 14pts is a massive gap at this stage. They have games in hand but their schedule will be packed in February/March due to that and youve already seen them struggle with that.

If you dont finish 3rd from here it should be viewed as a failure, IMO.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres zero chance Aberdeen catch up surely? 14pts is a massive gap at this stage. They have games in hand but their schedule will be packed in February/March due to that and youve already seen them struggle with that.

If you dont finish 3rd from here it should be viewed as a failure, IMO.

The chance is small but not zero 

Last season things began going off the rails after losing Halkett, Kingsley and Gordon on Christmas Eve against Dundee United and later Aberdeen went on a late run that nobody could have seen coming and we still only came one result short of 3rd

if we can avoid that kind of bad fortune then we’ll be fine