OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

32 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Dhanda has signed a pre-contract according to the Sun. Trying to get him this week.

Happy enough with a pre contract, wouldn't be spending a lot on him just now though, especially if still bringing Fraser in which Naismith said we were aiming to do. Bringing both would just be more blockage in the way of Tait/Pollock etc.

If Fraser is off fair enough.

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Happy enough with a pre contract, wouldn't be spending a lot on him just now though, especially if still bringing Fraser in which Naismith said we were aiming to do. Bringing both would just be more blockage in the way of Tait/Pollock etc.

If Fraser is off fair enough.

Hard to know what to make of the Fraser thing. Fair enough for Charlton to want the new manager to make the decision, but they're surely not going to have one by the time the window closes. I'm not sure we need to spunk significant cash on Dhanda just now regardless and I'd be surprised if Ross County are willing to let him go on the cheap.

Also looking at Penrice on a pre-contract. Have to assume Cochrane will be off by the summer, if not earlier.

27 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Hard to know what to make of the Fraser thing. Fair enough for Charlton to want the new manager to make the decision, but they're surely not going to have one by the time the window closes. I'm not sure we need to spunk significant cash on Dhanda just now regardless and I'd be surprised if Ross County are willing to let him go on the cheap.

Also looking at Penrice on a pre-contract. Have to assume Cochrane will be off by the summer, if not earlier.

I’d rather spend a little bit to get Dhanda in now and just accept Fraser isn’t happening. Can reassess that option in summer if we want and Charlton know what they’re doing.
Would take Penrice as a second choice left back to Cochrane, assuming we’re viewing Kingsley as an out and out centre half now. Do fear Cochrane might be off in the summer but hopeful we’ll get a decent chunk him. 

I suppose the hope is that Dhanda will blossom in a better team than he is at currently. You can clearly see he is a really good player, but they rely on him for goal creation a lot. In our team you would have to think there would be less pressure on him to be the talisman. Situation reminds me a little of John O’Neil moving from St Johnstone to Hibs. Immediately found himself surrounded by better players and raised his game. Could probably say the same about Shankland at United, although obviously there was Beerschott in between. There will be other better examples that I can’t recall just now. Some also fail to make the step up of course. Dhanda having already been at West Brom as a wunderkind, and Liverpool’s age group teams, before playing with Swansea at a decent level hopefully counts for something in the yet to be fulfilled potential stakes.

We're after around 2 million for Cochrane then he'd be free to leave it would seem. Not sure if that's now or in the summer but Penrice would be the replacement anyway, decent age with plenty premiership experience.

Wouldn't see much point getting Fraser in now because of Dhanda. 

18 minutes ago, Navallion said:

We're after around 2 million for Cochrane then he'd be free to leave it would seem. Not sure if that's now or in the summer but Penrice would be the replacement anyway, decent age with plenty premiership experience.

Wouldn't see much point getting Fraser in now because of Dhanda. 

Don’t remember Fraser well enough; is he similar to Dhanda? Maybe we fancy both… genuine question as I do not know. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Don’t remember Fraser well enough; is he similar to Dhanda? Maybe we fancy both… genuine question as I do not know. 

Not so much similiar I don't think, just not a very spectacular signing in general if it happens. He's a no. 10 type player if I recall correctly but I certainly never remember him being anything special.

Dhanda as everyone knows will be the bollocks if we get him in. I'd imagine we'll have a way of fitting pairing with our other midfielders, and with Fraser we've got Tait and Denholm breaking through and doing well, I reckon we don't halt their development by bringing Fraser in.

14 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Magnificent.

That's a cracking wee video, I've always found the Hearts song catchy AF but hearing this version of it made me realise is it the same backing track as this Dubliners song? Not trying to stir up any shite just bemused I hadn't clicked till I heard the  instrumental version, I think it's used for other songs just can't think of any more to hand

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Aye, its the same tune.  The tune dates back hundreds of years

It's a hymn, I sneaked it into my wedding service.

"Blessed Assurance, that's an interesting choice," the minister said.

Got a few laughs on the big day.

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Scott Fraser has signed on loan for the rest of the season 

I understand that this is good news

I think we can all agree that this is definitely news.

Edited by DC92

17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Scott Fraser has signed on loan for the rest of the season 

I understand that this is good news

This is debatable.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

I think we can all agree that it is news.

Given the protracted nature of this move, I'm not sure it's even this anymore.

I think we can all agree that it is. What it is remains to be seen.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Look out Hearts, it's last season all over again. Be afraid.

I'd prefer it to be the season before all over again tbh.