OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

18 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is debatable.

Given the protracted nature of this move, I'm not sure it's even this anymore.

I think we can all agree that it is. What it is remains to be seen.

An unexpectedly philosophical turn for a discussion on a loan signing from the 18th-best team in League One.

It seems reasonable enough on paper to me. I'd prefer we sign a striker, but that doesn't look likely.

Business complete by the looks of it. Pleased with the Lembikisa signing on initial evidence and happy that Shankland's staying (although I didn't expect him to leave anyway). We'll see how Fraser is but he won't have to do much to be an upgrade on Lowry.

A striker was the second priority after a RB for me and not signing one is a disappointment. The Spartans game was a grim glimpse into what a Shanklandless Hearts looks like just now.  If he stays fit we'll be fine. If he doesn't, and Boyce continues to struggle with injuries, then I don't even see how we make the ball stick up front, let alone score goals.

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Mark from Bishopbriggs is obviously a bitter wee Sevconian wankstain 

He's never watched Shankland, that's pretty obvious

'He's never scored against celtic'

Na, just every game this season and a hat-trick last season

9 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Woof!

Absolutely incredible stuff!

I can "enjoy" the same chat down the pub without having to put up with Simon Donnelly or Marvin Bartley, thanks.

Overall happy with the transfer window, though Boyce's continuing absence atm is a worry if we lose Shankland for any period of time.  Added what looks to be an excellent, Fraser on paper adds something we don't have and we've held on to our best players, with a couple of good contracts to give some stability.

I'm pretty happy with it all in. Good right back brought in which was needed, attacking midfielder with an eye for goal, Halkett and Forrest extensions.  Pre contract for Dhanda. Squad thinned out a bit and a few good loans for youngsters. Just keeps us ticking along nicely, no  massive short termism leaving us needing a rebuild in the summer and it actually looks like some proper planned out thinking.

Seeing where we are in the league, we never needed any major work so it all seems sensible and leaves us well placed.

Agree we need Boyce back soon though as an option, but Vargas at least looks like a viable option through the middle if needed.

Being sensible is all well and good, but it feels like it's been ages since we've had any excitement on deadline day. I'm still chasing that Abiola Dauda high.

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Choulay the Morrocan Magician is available on a free

Apparently he played 12 times for us. A remarkable revelation.

10 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Woof!

Absolutely incredible stuff!

What an absolute moron, the guy is arguing against claims absolutely nobody is making. Even the thing about him not being  fast enough for our style is bollocks given we have been slow and turgid for most the season. Some people are just determined to turn there nose up at other players in the league.