OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

5 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Disagree. I was at Pittodrie.  In the first we were easily the better side, in the second half Aberdeen went direct and we didn’t react.  

Tynecastle against rangers - rangers did nothing until the break away goal. Before the goal we were the better side and had the better chances. 

Ross county at home was a complete robbery. Should have had 2 penalties instead we received a red card for Forest.  

ps. I’m not arguing that we are or would be title contenders as I don’t believe that.  I’m stating that our form over the past 15 games is title contending form.  Which it is clearly

😂 we were BRILLIANT first half, then in the second half Aberdeen were, ermmm, direct! Robbery! 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I reckon we’ve got about as many points as we deserve 

whether we got them all in the games that we deserved to get them is another question 

The Madrid derby finished 1-1, so we fan consolidate when the wee team come to Tynie soon 🙂

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

😂 we were BRILLIANT first half, then in the second half Aberdeen were, ermmm, direct! Robbery! 

I was talking about the games where we dropped points. At pittodire we were comfortable first half, second half Aberdeen went long and won just about every second ball.  Can’t argue with the result in the end.

At tynecastle Aberdeen were the better side first half though didn’t create much anything really other than the correctly disallowed goal.

Second half first 15 mins were even, after the opening goal we could have had 4 or 5 and Aberdeen couldn’t have complained.

On 04/02/2024 at 11:38, DC92 said:

We were well beaten at home to Rangers and at Pittodrie, even if it was only by a goal.

Not sure about either of those tbh. We shat the bed at Pittodrie, but we were never wildly second best. And Rangers goal came out of nothing - I thought the game had 0-0 written all over it until then.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Not sure about either of those tbh. We shat the bed at Pittodrie, but we were never wildly second best. And Rangers goal came out of nothing - I thought the game had 0-0 written all over it until then.

Should have taken at least a point at Ibrox as well. I do think we've been quite jammy this season, though. (Not complaining.)

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

The OP said we were robbed in those games. I think the better team won on both occasions, even if the scores were marginal.

Likewise, a lot of games we've won have been marginal, but we've usually been the better team over the 90 minutes. I'd say Saturday was an exception to that.

30 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The OP said we were robbed in those games. I think the better team won on both occasions, even if the scores were marginal.

Likewise, a lot of games we've won have been marginal, but we've usually been the better team over the 90 minutes. I'd say Saturday was an exception to that.

We certainly weren't robbed in either game, no. But we weren't 'well beaten' either, imo.

Extremely hard not to see us finishing 3rd from here. We've got as many points as we had at the split last season and are only 9 off Aberdeen's finishing total.

What definitely isn't guaranteed is one of the old firm winning the cup. Celtic especially are shite at the moment.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Extremely hard not to see us finishing 3rd from here. We've got as many points as we had at the split last season and are only 9 off Aberdeen's finishing total.

What definitely isn't guaranteed is one of the old firm winning the cup. Celtic especially are shite at the moment.

Agreed. I reckon three wins would probably get us third.

Fortunately, we've got as good a shot at the cup as anyone else. No reason for us to be worried about playing anyone.

Exciting times.

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agreed. I reckon three wins would probably get us third.

Fortunately, we've got as good a shot at the cup as anyone else. No reason for us to be worried about playing anyone.

Exciting times.

You're right, although I am slightly worried about playing Airdrie. :lol:

Safely through on Sunday and a home tie v Inverness in the quarters would do nicely.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

You're right, although I am slightly worried about playing Airdrie. :lol:

Safely through on Sunday and a home tie v Inverness in the quarters would do nicely.

Looking forward to Sunday. It'll be a good day out, but hoping for a dull as f**k cup tie nobody will ever rmemeber with a boring 2-0 win.

Just now, DC92 said:

Pleased with this. He's really impressed me in his limited time on the pitch. 

Yes indeed. We've won all 5 games he's played and an interesting stat is in the two Dundee games the score while he's been on the pitch is Hearts 5 Dundee 0.

Great to get him tied up for so long, he looks a real prospect. Added to Gordon's new deal it's been a good couple of days. If we can get Beni signed up too then the squad is looking really stable moving into next season. This is what we need, stability and a few quality additions as opposed to 6 or 7 signings every season.

Edited by Tony Wonder

23 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Great to get him tied up for so long, he looks a real prospect. Added to Gordon's new deal it's been a good couple of days. If we can get Beni signed up too then the squad is looking really stable moving into next season. This is what we need, stability and a few quality additions as opposed to 6 or 7 signings every season.

Aye nice to stick with players, show some faith rather than just talk about it. Build a team that know and trust each other.

Same goes for the manager, he'll lose games but he needs a wee bit of slack to continue to improve the team. 

31 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We've needed stability for years, but this squad is starting to look like the benchmark for non-OF teams. Miles clear in third two years ago with a lot of the same players, obvious on and off-field problems last year, stretching their legs again this year.

Keeping the spine of this team together for 2-3 years should see us doing well. It's got a cup win feel to it.