OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Dhanda, Spittal, McKay, Vargas and Shankland.

Some formation you'll be playing next season.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dhanda, Spittal, McKay, Vargas and Shankland.

Some formation you'll be playing next season.

We'll also have Oda, Forrest,Boyce, Tagawa, Grant and Nieuwenhof in these areas as well. 

Stacked. 

Edited by Tony Wonder

On 23/05/2024 at 10:02, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Atalanta’s game against Fiorentina is now scheduled for the 2nd of June a week after everyone else in Serie A finishes 

You don’t even have to rely on offensive national stereotypes to see that as liable to cause issues 

I was merely casting an admiring glance at their stoicism and the reliability therein, of a favourable outcome for the Jam Tarts 😇

Another season in the books, then, and with this being the time of year for cricket I'd say a fucking stroll to third place, one decent result in Europe, and two semi-finals make this season a solid boundary for the Hearts.

image.jpeg.f011f6e780ed4024b7abaef76aaafad7.jpeg

A great finish today with the confirmation that alongside our (at least) four European trips, there will also be probably two Dingwall weekends next season. It's going to be wonderful.

Enjoy your summer, everyone.

24 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

As the summer break arrives and it becomes time to put the fitba away for a few weeks, what a moment to reflect on the fact that there'll never be another Livingston thread in the Premiership forum.

image.jpeg.740bb99e9354699bf010f94ad69e6ac2.jpeg

We'll never hear from you again, but I hope to read on one of the inside sports pages in a year or two that the failed franchise experiment in West Lothian is over and Livingston FC has been consigned to history.

Bye then!

Do any of you know this guy? He claims he belongs to you and by his own admission you're very lucky to have him. He turns up in our team thread a lot and he's never out our match threads. He goes on about how he lives in England nowadays as he's moved up in the world. Also that he boycotted the Qatar world cup, he's outraged by Livi and he sponsors a panda.

On 26/05/2024 at 15:29, VincentGuerin said:

Another season in the books, then, and with this being the time of year for cricket I'd say a fucking stroll to third place, one decent result in Europe, and two semi-finals make this season a solid boundary for the Hearts.

image.jpeg.f011f6e780ed4024b7abaef76aaafad7.jpeg

A great finish today with the confirmation that alongside our (at least) four European trips, there will also be probably two Dingwall weekends next season. It's going to be wonderful.

Enjoy your summer, everyone.

Cricket is shite. I'm really sorry Vince, but this is probably your most cancelable opinion on these baordsy

On 23/05/2024 at 12:50, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts not wanting to get in the Europa League would be like Dundee not wanting to get into the top six

Obviously we'd have more chance of winning a few games but we should be wanting to compete at the highest level we can

Not sure about that analogy.

The point of finishing top 6 is that you've proven yourself worthy over 33 games. Doing so is the achievement and the post-split matches themselves are often an afterthought. The team in 6th is also inherently unlikely to be massively outclassed by the teams in 4th or 5th.

For us, securing guaranteed league phase football in either competition is an achievement. Getting a bye to the Europa League rather than Conference League because of some random results in Italy wouldn't have enhanced that achievement or represented genuine progression. There's also a question over whether we'd be able to "compete" in any meaningful sense at that level and whether that would be as beneficial for players or fans compared a more manageable competition.

To be clear, I'm not turning my nose up at the chance to play 8 class teams and when the playoff comes round I'll be desperate for us to win. Regardless of what comes after, it'll be a successful and memorable campaign if we manage to do that. It was the possibility of having a campaign where we played 8 and lost 8 that was unappealing compared to the other permutations.

We want to test ourselves at the highest level possible, however it's nice to have the fallback of conference league football.

Just playing football in Europe is fucking great and the addition of the conference league as been a breath of fresh air for giving more teams a chance to play in it. I honestly enjoy just watching us play any new teams for variety. The challenge cup was onto an idea by bringing other British clubs into the competition and should have kept exploring it.

That's Joe Savage away apparently.

Disappointing news and disappointing timing unless we've got a replacement lined up.

You'd have to say he's done a very good job overall, although it's hard to gauge how much of that is down to his day-to-day management abilities and how much of it is down to him modernising the recruitment structure when he came in. 

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

That's Joe Savage away apparently.

Disappointing news and disappointing timing unless we've got a replacement lined up.

You'd have to say he's done a very good job overall, although it's hard to gauge how much of that is down to his day-to-day management abilities and how much of it is down to him modernising the recruitment structure when he came in. 

Real shame that. Think overall he's done an excellent job. Recruitment has been good, but he's improved lots of areas behind the scenes. The academy, the women's team, the infrastructure and contract handling all miles better and more professional than when he joined.

Having said that he has nothing lined up apparently so you'd like to think the club have known about this and have an idea of who we want. We'll also be a much more attractive proposition than we were a few years ago. It's a credit to him as well that things like recruitment have proper teams and structures in place so hopefully it's just a case of ticking along without any major issues.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Real shame that. Think overall he's done an excellent job. Recruitment has been good, but he's improved lots of areas behind the scenes. The academy, the women's team, the infrastructure and contract handling all miles better and more professional than when he joined.

Having said that he has nothing lined up apparently so you'd like to think the club have known about this and have an idea of who we want. We'll also be a much more attractive proposition than we were a few years ago. It's a credit to him as well that things like recruitment have proper teams and structures in place so hopefully it's just a case of ticking along without any major issues.

That's how I see it. The work he's done over the last few years should ensure we're less reliant on individuals.

Hopefully the club have known for a while and we can get someone in quickly.

Can't disagree with anything that has already been said about Savage. He's been really good for us and my biggest concern isn't Shankland leaving, but making sure we replace him with someone just as competent, a compliment in itself.