OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

9 hours ago, DC92 said:

Some Gerry Taylor highlights from the other night, courtesy of CostaRicansAbroadPod.

Thanks for that DC.If he does this type of thing in competitive SPL games, (which I'm sure he will), we are in for an exciting season.

Makenzie Kirk off to St Johnstone on a permanent deal. Too old for the B Team and behind young James Wilson for games with the 1st team. He was too good for the Lowland League but hardly played on loan at Hamilton (League 1).

Hard to guess how he'll get on with St Johnstone. Maybe as an "impact sub" when chasing a game, possibly. Good luck to him, though, as his goals were a large part of the B Team finishing 2nd last season.

Sibbick away to Wigan for an undisclosed fee. Decent-ish move for him and good to get it done if he's no part to play. He was very good when he was good, but struggled a bit with concentration. I think he'd have been very good if he got a proper run in one position, but he always gave his all and seems a good lad. Wish him all the best, we'll always have Easter Road.

Jamie MacDonald has signed for the B team. It'll be interesting to see if we can name him in the European squad given he's club-trained and it'd essentially free up an extra spot for another outfield player.

25 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Jamie MacDonald has signed for the B team. It'll be interesting to see if we can name him in the European squad given he's club-trained and it'd essentially free up an extra spot for another outfield player.

I think that's exactly why we've done it tbh. Fulton will likely drop out for the euro squad but be the 3rd choice first team goalie in the league while Jamie plays for the B team.

Pretty sensible move. Fans favourite, will be a good mentor for the young goalies, only 2 in the B team are 16, and help the young defenders as well with his communication.  Plus frees up a euro squad space.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think that's exactly why we've done it tbh. Fulton will likely drop out for the euro squad but be the 3rd choice first team goalie in the league while Jamie plays for the B team.

Pretty sensible move. Fans favourite, will be a good mentor for the young goalies, only 2 in the B team are 16, and help the young defenders as well with his communication.  Plus frees up a euro squad space.

I saw the video Hearts Standard posted earlier and they doubted whether he'd be eligible to play in Europe if he played for the B team.

I'm not sure what the rules are on that, but I feel like it's the B team he'd be ineligible for if he played too many games for the first team (which won't happen) rather than the other way round. 

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I saw the video Hearts Standard posted earlier and they doubted whether he'd be eligible to play in Europe if he played for the B team.

I'm not sure what the rules are on that, but I feel like it's the B team he'd be ineligible for if he played too many games for the first team (which won't happen) rather than the other way round. 

Unless it's changed, I'm almost positive that you can play in the B team as long as you don't make over 5 appearances for the top team. Once you do that your tied to the main team, but you're free to be availablefor selection for both. Being on the bench doesn't count unless you play. 

17 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Sibbick away to Wigan for an undisclosed fee. Decent-ish move for him and good to get it done if he's no part to play. He was very good when he was good, but struggled a bit with concentration. I think he'd have been very good if he got a proper run in one position, but he always gave his all and seems a good lad. Wish him all the best, we'll always have Easter Road.

Yep. Broadly agree.  I noted that all the sentiments on Twitter have been overwhelming positive - does make me wonder yet again about the folks that booed him (in particular). Who are they and why are they so fucking vocal. No wonder his confidence looked shot half the time.

I could be wrong, but in the official team photo just posted, Atkinson isn't in it?

On 19/07/2024 at 08:59, DC92 said:

Some Gerry Taylor highlights from the other night, courtesy of CostaRicansAbroadPod.

Pace, strength, vision...!

vladmeme.gif.8fbd513fedae74d5f263515ef194d645.gif

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yep. Broadly agree.  I noted that all the sentiments on Twitter have been overwhelming positive - does make me wonder yet again about the folks that booed him (in particular). Who are they and why are they so fucking vocal. No wonder his confidence looked shot half the time.

I could be wrong, but in the official team photo just posted, Atkinson isn't in it?

I believe he's deciding whether to go to an English team OR to go back to Oz. As such he may be in England in talks. Then again, that might be made-up gossip!  Jorge Grant missed the photo shoot for "personal reasons" whatever they are.

25 minutes ago, Alberto Spencer said:

I believe he's deciding whether to go to an English team OR to go back to Oz. As such he may be in England in talks. Then again, that might be made-up gossip!  Jorge Grant missed the photo shoot for "personal reasons" whatever they are.

Aye someone on Twitter suggested new baby?

Lewis Neilson wanted by St Johnstone, on loan. 

Not sure why we'd loan him out to gain experience since he's out of contract at the end of the season, so presumably if he goes, that's him finished at Tynecastle.

48 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Not sure why we'd loan him out to gain experience since he's out of contract at the end of the season, so presumably if he goes, that's him finished at Tynecastle.

Possibly, though we may sign him for another year before loaning him out. As we've only had him a short time it'd not be much of a development fee we'd be due.  On loan we'd see if he's worth persevering with in the future.  I was in Riga when he came on for the injured Halkett and he was outstanding (even creating the second goal).

Edited by Alberto Spencer
add

48 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

If we loan him he'll get an extension I think.

I think it'd be good from our POV. He's not ready to start for us but he had a good loan spell last year and this would be another step up to see how he handles playing in the Premiership. Better than getting a handful of starts here and there as cover for us.

Neilson is a go on loan and prove it guy. Can play 30 games for another team or 5 for us. I think he's got it in him to do it. 

Now who are we going to punt Barrie McKay to

7 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Neilson is a go on loan and prove it guy. Can play 30 games for another team or 5 for us. I think he's got it in him to do it. 

Now who are we going to punt Barrie McKay to

I thought bazza was actually a breath of .fresh air when he finally came back at the end of the season. But I feel we have a lot of players fighting for the same slot in the team....