OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

We've added 10 new players though.  I understand why early in the season he's not sticking with a set team, he needs to find out who has the balls.

A lot of players letting themselves down on the last 2 weeks showing.

3 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The starting 11 played significantly better than when we brought on the supposed better players.  Shankland's attitude in games atm is honking 

He's possibly pissed off that Girona didn't come in for him. 

I'm hardly a huge Naismith fan, but this is one of these games where it's easy for critics to be wise after the event.

We've got a big squad, and a League Cup game against a Championship team five days before a big European game is precisely when you look to use that squad. No issues with the selection or the rationale behind it.

And in reality we should have had the tie won in the first half hour. We didn't, and then the narrative takes over that Naismith was arrogant or disrespectful, egg on his face etc.

I think his selection made sense and if we'd taken our chances nobody would be making a fuss. Falkirk were good in the second half and deserved to win and good luck to them.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'm not here to gloat as I've got quite a few Hearts supporting work colleagues and friends but the first thing I thought when Shankland and McKay came on was you were going for it to get back in the game. Instead what you got was you were at least 1 man down. 

Strikes me that Naismith needs to pick a preferred starting 11 and stick with it. Chopping and changing 7/8 players gets you results like today

I think part of the problem is a significant chunk of what will be the starting 11 are not available or up to speed atm..

With no disrespect intended,  the 11 picked was not the issue even if it clearly isn't the first choice team.   It's still got 5 full internationals.  And we started the game strongly.  I thought the turning point was the massive chance Oda missed.   He'd been causing loads of problems but went right into his shell after that and we barely had a shot after that. 

2nd Half Falkirk score with their first attack and genuinely from there we looked like a rabble.  Taking Dhanda and Spittal off was the wrong call for me and we just lost any cohesion, abandoned the middle of the park and got nowt out of anyone coming on

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm hardly a huge Naismith fan, but this is one of these games where it's easy for critics to be wise after the event.

We've got a big squad, and a League Cup game against a Championship team five days before a big European game is precisely when you look to use that squad. No issues with the selection or the rationale behind it.

And in reality we should have had the tie won in the first half hour. We didn't, and then the narrative takes over that Naismith was arrogant or disrespectful, egg on his face etc.

I think his selection made sense and if we'd taken our chances nobody would be making a fuss. Falkirk were good in the second half and deserved to win and good luck to them.

You think the Hearts squad today was stronger than the Aberdeen squad? Really?🤔 Like Really?

Just now, jonty said:

You think the Hearts squad today was stronger than the Aberdeen squad? Really?🤔 Like Really?

I'm not sure you've followed the conversation very well.

For clarity, I believe Hearts have a better squad of players than Aberdeen do.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not sure you've followed the conversation very well.

For clarity, I believe Hearts have a better squad of players than Aberdeen do.

When everybody is fit I can see why you think that, based on last season relative performance if nothing else. 

But given the signings both clubs have made, who we are managed by, the respective starts to the season we have made, and not to mention the number of injuries hearts are carrying, come on. 

Dundee and Falkirk. Lol.

Just now, jonty said:

When everybody is fit I can see why you think that, based on last season relative performance if nothing else. 

But given the signings both clubs have made, who we are managed by, the respective starts to the season we have made, and not to mention the number of injuries hearts are carrying, come on. 

Dundee and Falkirk. Lol.

I think you're reading a bit too much into Aberdeen squeaking past Queens Park and St Johnstone, and beating a post-Europe St Mirren.

I don't doubt Aberdeen will be better this season than they were last. But you asked me if I think Hearts have a better squad than Aberdeen, and I do. Today's result doesn't change that.

If you disagree, that's entirely up to you and I support you in following your heart.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think you're reading a bit too much into Aberdeen squeaking past Queens Park and St Johnstone, and beating a post-Europe St Mirren.

I don't doubt Aberdeen will be better this season than they were last. But you asked me if I think Hearts have a better squad than Aberdeen, and I do. Today's result doesn't change that.

If you disagree, that's entirely up to you and I support you in following your heart.

I like the dismissal of Hearts injuries as well like our first choice midfield doesn't matter.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

I like the dismissal of Hearts injuries as well like our first choice midfield doesn't matter.

As discussed during the week, we will need patience this year and to hold our nerve.

Worst thing that can happen is the support turning on the team. It's going to be a long season.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Your first choice midfield is miles away from our first choice midfield. In quality. I feel slightly embarrassed to have to point this out. 

Just now, jonty said:

Your first choice midfield is miles away from our first choice midfield. In quality. I feel slightly embarrassed to have to point this out. 

That's certainly an opinion.

I reckon this lad's had a good Saturday. Fair play to you.

1 minute ago, jonty said:

Enjoy your night mate.