OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Do I?  But assuming I did,  I could point to the fact I wouldn't want to replace him with someone in a worse position in the league

The resources hearts have compared to Kilmarnock is on a different level so to compare that is not sensible.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

But, the squad depth?

Means you can cope with having to slot backup players into a settled line-up where everyone knows their roles. Not that you can make wholesale changes to personnel and formation every game.

Penrice and Boateng might not be first picks this season but they've looked like reasonable additions. Individual performances have been less of an issue than the absence of any tactical plan.

We also have no depth up front and have failed to add quality in the forward areas in general. Anyone would be mad to claim otherwise.

8 minutes ago, MENTALFATHER79 said:

The resources hearts have compared to Kilmarnock is on a different level so to compare that is not sensible.

You asked for thoughts and I have you mine.   I don't want McInnes.  I think he's a good coach but I don't see anything from Killie I'd want to watch every week

Personally, I'd say it's far too early to be getting rid of a manager but if I was a Jambo, the alarm bells would be ringing in exactly the same way they were at Pittodrie under Robson. You couldn't not appoint him after his interim spell. He did well last season, although the league in general was probably the poorest it's been in a while, but is he perhaps getting found out now. The issue is, how long do you let it go on and it could get to the point where the season is beyond saving, especially if Hearts toil after Europe. Tricky one but I'd say he has to be given the chance to improve things, if Hearts are in the same kind of mess as we were in January then get rid, and can I suggest Neil Warnock until the end of the season. You'll get a few laughs, honest. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Last season we got 1 point from Killie h, Dundee a, and Motherwell h following European games (and failed to score in any of the games), so it's clearly an issue with Naismith. We also recovered to skoosh third, so there is cause to hold the bus slightly on the panic, but then the European games aren't going away this year.

The only difference between last season's start and this season's is that we played Rangers this year (1 point) instead of St Johnstone (we had 4 points). Swap those fixtures around and you've probably got a similar outcome either way.

On the face of it the squad is deep enough for us to rotate as required, but I don't think you do that until you've built some momentum. Then there's the obvious issue that he has no idea how he wants the team to play.

The only mitigation at this point is that Beni and Hoff being missing at the same time causes an obvious issue with the midfield. But these things happen and he's not come close to showing he even has an idea of how to deal with it.

The thing is , if Beni and Hoff were fit and available , Naismith would probably play Beni in goals and Hoff at centre forward .

I don't think there's too much wrong with the Hertz team.  I don't rate Naismith at all (and I liked Calderwood for us) so that shows you how pysh-poor I think he is!  

It's a bad run for sure, but there's enough quality in that squad to turn it round.

Problem is, you've got two weeks to stew on where you are, and then you come back from the break to Whore FC away!  That could be a chastening experience, then St Mirren away, which I think is a must win, but won't be easy.  If that goes wrong, then there could be unbearable pressure by the Ross County game.

IMHO you should bin Naismith (he's a knvt in any case), and get in McInnes (who I've always liked and respected, even after we'd binned).

Yours

aDONis

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

Personally, I'd say it's far too early to be getting rid of a manager but if I was a Jambo, the alarm bells would be ringing in exactly the same way they were at Pittodrie under Robson. You couldn't not appoint him after his interim spell. He did well last season, although the league in general was probably the poorest it's been in a while, but is he perhaps getting found out now. The issue is, how long do you let it go on and it could get to the point where the season is beyond saving, especially if Hearts toil after Europe. Tricky one but I'd say he has to be given the chance to improve things, if Hearts are in the same kind of mess as we were in January then get rid, and can I suggest Neil Warnock until the end of the season. You'll get a few laughs, honest. 

I disagree on the Robson comparison with regard to the interim spell.   Naismith was a massive gamble at that point because he hadn't really improved us much,  certainly not results wise. 

His first season started really poorly and we got much better though the season.   So I had high hopes that we'd improve again and the recruitment looked largely sensible for our style of play,  caveats with the lack of forwards signed. 

But instead he's regressed to the point that everything he's done in the summer is now questionable.

He might turn it round, but he's created questions about his judgement even if we do that will resurfaced every time we have a poor run. 

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

McInnes is obviously a good coach. But he's not a good fit for us.

Yep. His Kilmarnock tactic of filling the back line with big lads and constantly firing in crosses from the wings wouldn't work here because we simply don't have the players. He's taken a bit of time to build that team up after a fairly mediocre first couple of years.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Means you can cope with having to slot backup players into a settled line-up where everyone knows their roles. Not that you can make wholesale changes to personnel and formation every game.

Penrice and Boateng might not be first picks this season but they've looked like reasonable additions. Individual performances have been less of an issue than the absence of any tactical plan.

We also have no depth up front and have failed to add quality in the forward areas in general. Anyone would be mad to claim otherwise.

I don’t think the problem is lack of squad depth but the lack of clear style and approach as I mentioned before. 

If you have this then the squad players are better able to come in and carry on the process. When there isn’t the style then the drop in quality of individual and the disruption of making several changes is more acute. 

Just now, DC92 said:

Yep. His Kilmarnock tactic of filling the back line with big lads and constantly firing in crosses from the wings wouldn't work here because we simply don't have the players. He's taken a bit of time to build that team up after a fairly mediocre first couple of years.

He's continually improved Killie, and he's done a great job.

But we've skooshed third in two lof the last three season. One of those coaches got the bullet when we were still in with a chance of another third place, and the other one could be gone in a few weeks. In both cases the pressure has come in large part over style of play.

McInnes would be up against it from the start.