Dunbar United Season 20/21

On 01/04/2023 at 22:21, thesunnydunny said:

Bit of cat and mouse going on today with 7 changes to both sides from when the sides met exactly 6 months ago.

All to play for in the League next week. Sean Stewart unlucky to be sent off for a second yellow after being tackled from behind by Lewis Mackie who clearly influenced the referee with his antics.

Great result for Dunbar yesterday. Hopefully after some poor results we are back to winning ways. Still very much the team to catch.. Well done to all at the club

Tomorrow it’s yet another trip to the nice City of Perth in the quest for league points. The earlier meeting in the season at NCP resulted in a convincing 5:0 victory. 
By all accounts last Saturday in the same neck of the woods seemed to be a thoroughly convincing performance - very well done to all!!
Hopefully the sequence continues. 

On 14/04/2023 at 12:42, Man from the East said:

Tomorrow it’s yet another trip to the nice City of Perth in the quest for league points. The earlier meeting in the season at NCP resulted in a convincing 5:0 victory. 
By all accounts last Saturday in the same neck of the woods seemed to be a thoroughly convincing performance - very well done to all!!
Hopefully the sequence continues. 

Senior team aside,why are the under 20s not playing on our grass pitch. We haven't been at home recently  yet they use the 3g, why.

14 hours ago, imho said:

Senior team aside,why are the under 20s not playing on our grass pitch. We haven't been at home recently  yet they use the 3g, why.

Think that maybe the playing surface has been getting some TLC during the break from regular games. It should be looking pristine for the coming home fixture vs Glenrothes

Edited by Man from the East

10 hours ago, Man from the East said:

I think it’s worth pointing out to anyone who may be interested that it’s now over 35weeks since DU moved to the top of the Division.

Not bad at all,,,  a great achievement.👍⚽👍⚽

Kirkcaldy were top of the league on Nov 7,we were in 3rd,we went top on Nov12th. ????

Edited by imho

2 hours ago, imho said:

Kirkcaldy were top of the league on Nov 7,we were in 3rd,we went top on Nov12th. ????

I stand corrected,,,very true. Kirkcaldy - the team that very few people seem to rate went top of the league  on the 5/11 by one point although played two more games. However the next match day seen DU go clear by two points. 

I love your innate attention to detail. 

7 hours ago, Man from the East said:

I stand corrected,,,very true. Kirkcaldy - the team that very few people seem to rate went top of the league  on the 5/11 by one point although played two more games. However the next match day seen DU go clear by two points. 

I love your innate attention to detail. 

. Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow.  Burntisland destroyed Kirkcaldy on Wednesday,a team who did similar to us. This will be a very difficult game on a difficult pitch. Good luck again.

Edited by imho

On 21/04/2023 at 17:10, imho said:

. Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow.  Burntisland destroyed Kirkcaldy on Wednesday,a team who did similar to us. This will be a very difficult game on a difficult pitch. Good luck again.

We didn't take full advantage of the Glens defeat on Tuesday but a point takes us seven clear and it still remains in our hands,but we can't afford to drop more points if we want the title. Back in Fife next Saturday for our 5th away game on the trot, not easy for any team.

Another tough away trip where you would fancy 3 points from looking at the table.

League looking less likely now. Promotion still the main aim but I think the players and manager will be feeling a bit deflated at the moment.

A chance to make amends next week against Glenrothes. 

I think some of the Fife referees must read a different rule book from everybody else. Some brilliant goalkeeping from the Lochore keeper and the woodwork denied Dunbar today but how the referee denied Dunbar a penalty in injury time was unbelievable.

small margins in this League but Dunbar played well against a much improved Lochore side who are on a good run especially in cup ties and Dunbar have no reason to be deflated.  The aim was promotion at the beginning of the season and it is still achievable. Anything better is a bonus.

Three players unavailable today is worrying at this time of the season but if the referee had done his job properly today we would all by celebrating.

All to play for next weekend.

11 minutes ago, thesunnydunny said:

I think some of the Fife referees must read a different rule book from everybody else. Some brilliant goalkeeping from the Lochore keeper and the woodwork denied Dunbar today but how the referee denied Dunbar a penalty in injury time was unbelievable.

small margins in this League but Dunbar played well against a much improved Lochore side who are on a good run especially in cup ties and Dunbar have no reason to be deflated.  The aim was promotion at the beginning of the season and it is still achievable. Anything better is a bonus.

Three players unavailable today is worrying at this time of the season but if the referee had done his job properly today we would all by celebrating.

All to play for next weekend.

Your assuming you would have scored the penalty.

9 hours ago, thesunnydunny said:

Assuming yes but the Lochore keeper would have a different opinion the way he was playing. I have seen him play four times this season and in my opinion is one of the best in the League.

Agreed, he is a cracking keeper, seen him myself 3 or 4 times and every time he’s pulled off some saves, keeping his team in the game/going on to win games

On 29/04/2023 at 23:29, thesunnydunny said:

Assuming yes but the Lochore keeper would have a different opinion the way he was playing. I have seen him play four times this season and in my opinion is one of the best in the League.

aptly nicknamed "the flying pig" some keeper

• 2 weeks later...

Seasons end is only 180 minutes away. 
A tremendous ending by the top four teams has left everybody with all the ‘what/if’ scenarios. There’s just too many to be considered. 
It can’t really be settled this weekend.
I think it’s a case of doing your best. Let others be concerned about us. 
Good luck guys,

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Seasons end is only 180 minutes away. 
A tremendous ending by the top four teams has left everybody with all the ‘what/if’ scenarios. There’s just too many to be considered. 
It can’t really be settled this weekend.
I think it’s a case of doing your best. Let others be concerned about us. 
Good luck guys,

It could be settled this weekend if results go our way and we win but I doubt it will.

Edited by imho