Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

February 2035

ykJ1coB.png

Basically, tale of two games against Lincoln. They played really well in the first one and beat us very comfortably, before they got someone sent off after 5 minutes, and we still had to come from behind but managed to score a load and won comfortably.

The other games were pretty straightforward. One more game against Lincoln to go. That'll be the big one, now.

bbzG64Y.png

League goes by head to head, so if we draw with Lincoln, and win the rest, we'll be champions. A tall order, but everything to play for.

March 2035

rPZLvqX.png

All going perfectly to plan. As I said, the Lincoln game was the important one and we were able to get the win. They missed a penalty as well, but that win means we're almost there. We've won almost all our games, so we just need to keep doing that and job done. We can also afford to lose one game, but hopefully won't require that.

Into the cup semi final as well, which is nice, as my previous experience of this cup is getting pumped out immediately.

5LS1XXK.png

4 games to go, 3 wins required if we assume that Lincoln win all 4.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Gibraltarian Cup 2034/35 - Semi Final

Spoiler

AlRldIA.png

There will be no league and cup double, which is a shame..

We did ok, but you can't really concede 4 goals in normal time and expect positive results. We absolutely fucking collapsed in extra time as well.

Oh well, league is the main focus. 

May 2035

ZhuqK4F.png

2 narrow wins will do, and we're champions! Job was done in the first game really, but was good to get wins in both. 

3ngtOVj.png

acJrOxO.png

I did not enjoy managing in Gibraltar - would not recommend - so I'm glad that the job is done. 

My record for the last 2 seasons has been fairly silly though, so that's nice.

zNOgx9e.png

Job done, and I'm getting the f**k out of here. Malta is the next country to load up.

Where will I take Richard Claridge next?

Final thing: Shaun SInclair has had an absolutely ridiculous season. Given that his finishing is 5, and he's frankly not that good, it's nonsense.

xXdlwe3.png

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Spoiler

omxT7iO.png

It's been a full season since I left Lynx, but I'm off to Kosovo. I had been holding out for something in Iceland, as I want to finish off the original 5 countries, but nothing came up and I was getting incredibly bored of waiting so here we are.

Anyway, SC Gjilani are next up to try and win their maiden title. Founded in 1995 in the city of Gjilan near the Serbian border, they've finished 2nd on occasions since, and have 2 Kosovar cups to their name., but have been mostly floating somewhere between 4th and 7th more recently. The Kosovar league is made up of 10 teams, playing each other 3 times.

Also, 5 league titles, and 4 cups, yet the announcement mentions losing a cup tie 1-0 15 years ago? f**k off FM. 

S.C. Gjilani - Meet the Team

4 stars is 'Good player for most Superliga sides', 3 stars is 'currently operating at Superliga level'

tSuTNso.png

Pretty happy with that. I could probably do with an improvement, but Kurti will certainly be good enough for the time being if I can't find anyone.

iPzHhlN.png

Again, I'm quite pleased with that. Peter Finger is really a centre midfielder, so I could probably do with a new attacking midfielder, but other than that it looks pretty solid. Not much depth at left wing, but that's a relatively minor issue.

6UsVwqM.png

Again, strong here, I think. Finger and Sheotahul look a good starting pairing, and plenty of depth behind them.

e8Ks8y1.png

That's the first area that needs a lot of work, imo. Gashi will probably be fine at right back, but I have very little quality throughout the rest of my defence, and will need to sort that urgently

PgdXxHA.png

On the basis that Myftari never gets injured, we're fine. If I can find a back up goalkeeper cheaply, I'll probably get one but that's right at the bottom of my list.

Transfer Window 2036/37

f1fAM2S.png

Outgoings - a load of loans and a guy who was already wanting away sold. Oh well, no losses really.

1DkcCiy.png

Not really what I was wanting, and notably no Richard Claridge for the first time in a while. I did try to sign him, but he asked me for 2 and a half grand a week, which wasn't happening, so he won't be joining me in Kosovo. Maybe somewhere else.

Anyway, first up is Skerdi Skenderaj, an Albanian centre half/centre midfielder. He's ok defensively, and I wanted someone who could play a little bit at the back as that's always helpful. He's really, really slow though, which could be a problem, but as always, he wouldn't be here without some glaring deficiencies in his game.

Spoiler

ilTRzUF.png

Next, we have Bajram Laci, another centre half/centre midfielder. Again, he can play a wee bit, probably better than Skenderaj, but he's not as good defensively. I don't think he'll be first choice anywhere for me, but he can fill in and provide some decent depth.

Spoiler

eXcMUk0.png

Lastly, Ismail Hoxha, who will be playing attacking midfield for me. He's a good passer in particular, and his mental attributes are pretty good, so I think he'll do well.

Spoiler

RLzOpj0.png

September 2036

PoSzQqR.png

Again, mixed I'd say. We should be beating Besa Peje, and we shot ourselves in the foot in the derby game against Drita by getting a completely needless red card when we were dominating, and having to hold on quite a bit for the draw. However, the cup result was good, if completely expected against a fourth tier side, and beating Prishtina, the side I expect to win the league, was great.

IbSEnPu.png

We're keeping in touch with the teams at the top, so that's really my aim for this season - I don't think we're good enough to win the thing.

October 2036

3ODZQ4g.png

Good month this time, solid wins over Arberia and Vushttria, but both of them are bottom half sides, and a draw with Feronikeli where we came back from 2 down after 40 minutes - admittedly helped by a red card. Still, pleased with that.

eZMGecw.png

Hmm. I've found myself in second place, somehow. I still expect to fall down the table somewhat, but who knows.

November 2036

fo4iNzA.png

Another good month, albeit only one game of that lot I wouldn't be expecting to win - the one we drew. Still, comfortable in the cup, and we came back well against Besa. Needing a last minute winner against Balkani wasn't great, but at least we got it.

yO3EvJe.png

Still in second, and we're now to within two points of top. I've gotten ridiculously lucky with my last couple of jobs and winning a title straight away, so maybe that'll continue? That's the dream anyway.

December 2036

svqhmjn.png

We were absolutely appalling against Prishtina. I think we had our first shot in the 91st minute or something like that, just a dire effort all round. We also missed an 85th minute penalty against Feronikeli, which would have been useful to score, so that was fun.

At least we're all but through in the cup, and continue to be flat track bullies beating all the sides outwith the top 4 fairly comfortably. Only managed one win in six against the other top 4 sides though, so need to find a way to change that.

GzTk53V.png

We've dropped down to third and five points off top, but with 11 games to go there's still a chance there. 

February 2037

mAEmdaQ.png

I didn't lose to Trepca, so that's good as a loss would have all but ended my title challenge. Not winning once against them this season makes it difficult, but we've given ourselves a chance. Into the cup semi final too, and Ajili's goal against Besa was from his own half - first time I've seen that in this FM.

bvWJRqk.png

Only 2 games in March - Prishtina and Drita. We're probably needing 6 points.

March 2037

yS0MlA4.png

That loss against Prishtina will be the one that costs us, IMO. Gives us an absolute mountain to climb, and with Trepca having lost just once all season, it's not going to happen.

Took out our frustrations on Drita though, which is nice.

ql1Kr6U.png

Aye, 6 points behind with 4 games to go.

There's always next season.

April 2037

zkd0u14.png

That's our season fizzled out to f**k all. Out of the cup and the leagues done too, so we're just seeing which of 2nd, 3rd or 4th we're going to finish.  Fernoikeli play Trepca on the final day, so I'm optimistic that we'll finish ahead of them, at least.

Z2Q7FFu.png

As above, just about trying to secure 2nd or 3rd now. 

May 2037

UXqzELz.png

Two wins to see out the season - that's nice. Did our job, so just need to see what everyone else did in terms of finishing position...

XFpQcve.png

Prishtina drew against Drita last day to let us in to second place, so that's good. 

In any case, I know what I need to improve on next season - my record against the other title challengers is really poor. Swat everyone else aside with ease, but so do the others mostly. Still, second and a cup semi is a good first season.  Onwards and upwards...

Spoiler

5gY3oqh.png

Couldn't help myself. He better be good.