Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

7 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

Do you need to download the leagues separately or is there a file with all of the smaller leagues in it?

If you've got FM through steam, you just search for @timo@ on the steam workshop and then click the plus next to the ones you want. If not, you can download directly from here FM21 Leagues Mega Pack by @Timo@ | FM Scout 

May 2034

A1G0ZKe.png

I said when we wrapped up the league that I was wanting to win the cup and finish the season unbeaten, and we've managed to do both with a good run of form for Xaime Sanchez - my second choice right winger - seeing us over the line. 

vz1ZWLR.png

Second highest points total for any Andorran side in the save, and the best defence with only 11 conceded. Genuinely one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had in FM, but now my time in Andorra is at an end. That's  now4 of the original 5 leagues completed.

ZSvkDzO.png

Next to be loaded up - the Faroe Islands.

Spoiler

BsbicWF.png

After a little more than a year away, I'm heading back to Gibraltar with Lynx. In the last 8 seasons, they've finished 2nd 6 times, and were 3rd the other 2. They won the cup the season I left as well - infuriatingly, Boca won it while I was gone, although they finished 8th in the league.

Pretty much the best job I could hope for on the Rock, so will need to make the most of it.

Meet the Team

3 and a half stars is "leading player for National League", as is 3. 2 stars is "operating at National League level"

VBmvEtg.png

Good options up front, from the looks of it. Borge is the only actual striker, while the other 3 mostly play elsewhere, so a bit of a lack of depth - that will be a recurring theme,

UKcp94Q.png

Again, massive lack of depth. Need another left winger for cover, at the very least, and I probably need cover elsewhere too.

KgVLvF1.png

Again, I really need cover here. There's some good players in there, just not enough of them.

3wyyRDt.png

Same issue - although Hughes is one of the best defenders in the league, so that's good. I need a left back badly, and more centre halves. My right back is probably ok.

n7zd6j1.png

Top priority is this. Weakest area of the team.

European under 19 Championships

khzm4u0.png

Couple of good wins in the lead up to this. Kyrgyzstan weren't up to much, but Portugal are good, so brilliant to beat them.

Anyway, we've got England, Romania and Germany in our group. I'm not going to stay in the job after this tournament, so hopefully we can achieve something and make it a good send off. Scotland haven't qualified for this since 2028 (it's held every year, apparently), so would be nice to make the most of it.

Onto the games...

Spoiler

0Q8Hxuo.png

Magic!

They controlled most of the game, and had most of the chances, but we were really effective on the break and scored on most of our proper forays up the park. To be honest, whatever happens now I'm quite happy with how the tournament has gone because I'm an exceptionally petty person.

nwOHWCj.png

Romania's win over Germany was unexpected, and we face the Romanians next. Could see ourselves through with a result there. 

Spoiler

oEZk2E8.png

Absolutely threw that away. Romania were a good side, I was surprised by how decent they were, but we were looking on course for the win and then gave away an absolutely needless penalty, before giving the ball away and a simple long ball caught us out and they scored right at the end. Really frustrating and leaves us needing something against Germany.

demQ4I4.png

It goes on head-to-head so all I need to do is not lose and match England's result. Any win will do.

Spoiler

LS530Wu.png

:lol:

Absolutely fucked it.

79KWMCM.png

x756xC1.png

RxhPHY6.png

And so endeth my reign as Scotland under 19's manager. Nice of it to end on a high point. 

England won the tournament in the end, but I beat them so really, if you think about it, it was a moral victory for Scotland...

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Europa Conference League First Qualifying Round - 2034/35

HG7yC9C.png

ZjnN9hH.png

While all that was going on, I also got put out the Europa Conference qualifying fairly soundly by Slovenian side Aluminij. They were just quite a bit better than us, so it's all fine, and given they got Midtjylland in the next round, so it wasn't like I was going much further anyway.

Transfer Window 2034/34

pWykfXD.png

Some utter dross released.

8GF9S1j.png

Cameron Hughes was signed before I joined, so I won't bother with him, but let's see the guys I signed.

Richard Claridge should be a familiar face to you all. Yes, I will be signing him everywhere that I can. He's just great. 

Spoiler

uGKcfoh.png

Raymond Arthurs is the other one of my former players I've brought in, and he should be good enough. Provides some cover on left wing and up front.

Spoiler

1ku9Gz0.png

Onto the proper new players - Steven Page is a centre half, who should make up one half of a decent partnership with Hughes. Free transfer too is handy.

Spoiler

Pv7utQ0.png

Eoin Collins is last, he's my substitute left winger. Pretty good acceleration, but looks like his end product is ropey. Oh well, should do a job.

Spoiler

TzhZpVs.png

I also promoted a goalkeeper from the reserves - he's better than anyone I had, and I wasn't sure why he was in the reserves to begin with, but it's since become apparent...

cdXhn2p.png

August 2034

MHol6XG.png

Good solid start, although we've ended both these games with 10 men so will need to stop that. Some effort from Shaun Sinclair though - he got 10 goals all last season, and he's got 6 in his first 2 games this...

nEh9PvH.png

Good stuff. Lincoln stuck 10 past Boca though, so I assume they'll be very good this season as per usual. 

December 2034

T4q6aQn.png

Boca's team is still mostly comprised of the collection on no-hopers I assembled, so no surprise that they weren't very good. And Lions have been absolutely pish for years, so again, easy stuff.

qejz95r.png

Our next league game is Lincoln - that'll be huge in seeing how our season will go.