Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

January & February 2112

26J3e3D.png

I had no games in January, but was able to shift Gonzalez, who was on a decent wage and would never be more than second choice right back for me. A couple of other youngsters with no chance of making it shifted, and Galas away on loan too.

oLKYLXr.png

And I was finally able to bring a couple of players in - one decent, one a bench filler.

The decent one is Nikola Sarcevic. An attacking midfielder, he has sensational vision, technique and flair which should make him an exciting player if nothing else. Only 18 so I'm expecting he'll be a bit raw, but pleased to get him in.

Spoiler

RJB5lZA.png

My backup keeper, McQuillan, went back to Hearts and they wouldn't send him back to me, so another guy is here to not play. Welcome to Jakub Daszkiewicz.

Spoiler

0Wvt8X5.png

MhT5Dxg.png

A mixed month, but I'll take it. We deserved to lose both the games we lost, so fair enough really, but as I said we're rea;;y quite good at pulling out results when we need one.

jmhqK24.png

Keeps us in sixth, but we're remarkably in with a shout of the top four, which is beyond my wildest dreams for this season.

March 2112

Ff93yRe.png

A frankly Glasgow Rangers amount of penalties given to us this month, but I'll take it. What a month.

e8w0k2i.png

Us being two points off second is an indictment of the rest of the league, but we deserve to be here based on this month. It might all fall away, but there's no danger of us going down so it's job done as far as I'm concerned. Anything now is a bonus. 

April 2112

KacLk9G.png

Another great month in what has been a really, really strong end to the season for us. We had ten men for most of the game in the Jastrzebie game so that was a particularly enjoyable result, and stopping Lech from gaining ground on us was good.

GM3yCLO.png

f**k me we're in pole position for second place. Two games to go. 

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - July 2112

Spoiler

elzExpU.png

Largely as expected, we're a lot better than them and we'll be in the next round barring any major catastrophes

Spoiler

nNdvAt2.png

We're through anyway, so I'm not massively arsed about the result. Performance was reasonable enough overall.

lQPwgKe.png

Another tie which I think I'll get through.

Europa Conference League - Third Qualifying Round - August 2112

Spoiler

2JquMjc.png

They made us work hard for the win, but we were never in any danger of not beating them.

I think we should be fairly safe in Ireland of getting through no bother.

Spoiler

vJf9pop.png

They had the odd half-chance but mostly it was a case of us just sitting in, and them having nowhere near enough quality to break us down. A wayward cross being tipped onto the bar was as close as they got. We were also able to kill it all off with a good move at the end.

oPoICmy.png

Who knows if they'll be good, but we're just two games off the group stages. 

Europa Conference League - Fourth Qualifying Round - August 2112

Spoiler

ESWcJkx.png

We were a lot better than them, and we'll be playing in the group stages. 

We seem to be a very, very solid team defensively so far this season, and we're usually clinical as well. It's lovely stuff.

Spoiler

5xMbtml.png

And we've made sure. There was never really any danger, but the two early-ish goals secured it beyond all doubt.

Into the group stages we go, where we'll be one of three Polish sides. 

1L96eSV.png

This is fucking huge for us too. 

Transfers 2112

SAvNvyP.png

lnxYUzz.png

7rWSNF9.png

Same as last summer with a lot of guys heading out the door. Motycka is a new signing, but the loan will do him good, Mucha is a good young player but probably won't be around long enough to really benefit from him and Zabrowski is in the same boat but a much better prospect. Twelve million quid though.

eSGgcP8.png

A few more coming in this time though. I also extended Nikola Sarcevic's loan until the end of this season. 

Jaroslav Motycka is away on loan, as I said, but a young Czech striker who I've brought in from Slavia Prague's youth side. He's a good technical player with an excellent first touch, but I'd really like him to be a better finisher and a bit quicker. Still, he's on 3 goals from 6 games in his loan spell so far, which is promising.

Spoiler

2jHWEKH.png

Michael Tupaj is a young centre back, and will provide depth to the squad to begin with, but I'm hopeful that he'll develop into a reliable choice for us. Not the best in the air, but he's a solid defender on the ground and he's not too bad on the ball either. His pace and overall fitness is also very promising. He's had a couple of seasons playing in the second tier on loan, but this will be his first taste of top flight football.

Spoiler

aCdiD8e.png

Dean MacLennan is here to sit on a bench. I don't know why Hearts keep loaning me goalkeepers, I have no interest in developing them

Spoiler

rKExc9w.png

Petar Dimitrov is an attacking midfield/left winger, and I'll be primarily playing him as the latter. He joins from Ludogorets, and most of his football has been for their second team in the lower leagues, but he did have a loan spell in Bulgaria's top flight last season. His crossing is legitimately dreadful, but he's a good dribbler, has pace and is a skillful player.

Spoiler

6pfEU3V.png

Eryk Szandroncho is another young striker. This one joins from Lech Poznan, where he did make one brief league appearance for the first team. He's an excellent finisher, and he's physically good. Not as skillful as some of the others I have, but has the makings of a good striker.

Spoiler

wzmyVyy.png

Svyatoslav Shevchenko is a left back, and he has made a handful of appearances for Shakhtar. Decent enough both defensively and going forward, without being exceptional at either, but his workrate is fantastic. I think he'll do very well here.

Spoiler

jX6PU2Y.png

Tomas Bucha is an attacking midfielder, mostly, and will be a good option for depth. He's been a regular for midtable Czech top flight sides, which is a decent enough level, and there's an awful lot to like about his game. Really pleased.

Spoiler

g06LTji.png

Adam Phillipe is a "wonderkid" apparently, who I tried to sign permanently but instead have settled for getting him on loan. He looks brilliant. Plenty of France youth caps and 2 appearances for PSG's first team suggest he has something for sure. 

Spoiler

AxkpHgz.png

The big money move is for centre half Bartosz Smolinski. He's only 19, and he's by no means the finished article, but he's got a lot of potential and a lot of attributes that are already very promising. Just a really decent looking player.

Spoiler

nNqtiBK.png

Predrag Bulat was a last minute signing to bolster me after Zabrowski left. He's a striker who was at Partizan Belgrade for ages, and has hardly played any first team football despite being 27. However, he should be a good squad option for us, and he works really hard and has some good attributes technically.

Spoiler

AehH8FX.png

September 2112

9yuIIeW.png

Our somewhat shaky league form continued, although we're doing well everywhere else. Never expected to get anything from Augsburg, but a win against Dynamo is a great result and we continue in the cup as well.

bSctJG4.png

We remain in fourth for now, but plenty of time to go still.

mvA8F2f.png

And we're definitely in with a shout here. We have both our games against Tirana to follow, which I'd hope will be six points. 

October 2112

EdQdLU2.png

A much stronger month, with a couple of good wins in the league, a nice easy home win in Europe and we got through in the cup as well. Lovely stuff overall.

Ot7OlIT.png

Up to third place, which I would absolutely take.

kDbIjBr.png

And a good chance of going through to the next round here.