Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

April 2117

qyClI5I.png

A dreadful result against bottom of the league Dunav, where we gave away two penalties and were very lucky not to lose, but we got the job done in the rest of our games.

iqSdOPX.png

zAARJR9.png

eBnk8wr.png

And the title has bee wrapped up.

A few more games to go to try to make it an unbeaten league season.

May 2117

OHhai9N.png

Well, with the title already wrapped up, it was all just about trying to get through the rest of the season unbeaten, and we've managed it no bother. Sticking eight goals in in one game was a very, very good laugh it has to be said.

YiAkxhr.png

OTsd9WI.png

It means that we end up with 90 points - the joint most of any side in this division ever - and having scored 98 goals. 

I'd be extremely comfortable saying that we're the best side to ever play in this division. But ultimately, this division doesn't matter, and being back in the big time next season will be what matters.

On a final note, I'm likely to lose Szandroncho so wanted to give him a shout out...

IFgfG94.png

34 goals in 30 games. I said I thought he'd pish this level, and he has. 

• 2 weeks later...

Transfers 2117

b69cumc.png

Cv3291g.png

A couple of players out who I might have kept around - Kostev and Minev were alright. Sanchez I would have kept but he can't play due to me having too many non-EU players, and Petrov needs to get game time. Other than that, it's a lot of shite being punted.

mRoBc92.png

Gi9Qx8C.png

Not too many players in, but hopefully of a decent standard.

Zeljko Perkovic is a young Croatian striker, and is my intended replacement for Szandroncho - so big shoes to fill. He has an excellent first touch, and is otherwise a good technical player with good finishing and no glaring weaknesses. Ideally, I'd want him to be quicker, but his movement is very good. Still young as well, so while he's not the finished article, and is a downgrade on Szandroncho, he has a lot of potential to be excellent for us.

Spoiler

ZfUGekA.png

Murat Atik joins after leaving Trabzonspor where he hadn't made a breakthrough. He's a central midfielder or attacking midfielder, and he's a very technically gifted player - A great first touch (again) and a decent range of passing. He also works hard. Not got much in a defensive sense, but I'll be pairing him with Barrera who can do all of that. Pleased with him, and another with potential to improve.

Spoiler

BwMIi0h.png

Cristian Fagarasanu is another young central midfielder, and joins after leaving PSG. He's more defensive minded, and will, at least initially, be a squad option rather than a starter. That said, he's got the makings of a very decent ball winning player, and gives me some cover for that position which I haven't really had. Also lets me send Petrov on loan which will be beneficial.

Spoiler

IFnm1Ff.png

Antonio Micheli is another striker, and will compete with Perkovic to start. He's been at Viktoria Plzen, not really making it there but he has made some appearances. An awful lot to really, really like about his game - excellent finishing, touch, movement, technique, and a wee bit of pace. Really pleased to get him in.

Spoiler

Ko70Kf6.png

Ramo Zupic was my last signing, and is an attacking midfielder. He's had a decent career in the Serbian top flight, and he's technically really gifted, if a bit shit physically. But he'll make up for it I believe with how good his is on the ball.

Spoiler

UR8nyb4.png

August 2117

D1YUklx.png

Excellent. Truly excellent stuff. We were playing against ten men in the Etar game, but we deserved the win and then the other three were just really good, positive performances by us. Unlucky not to beat Ludogorets, who are one of the best sides in the league so it all bodes well.

YRyzc3A.png

I would be ecstatic to finish fifth. 

• 3 weeks later...

September 2117

6x1kUOy.png

Mixed, but we're still doing relatively well. The real bad one was the cup game, we really should've won it in normal time against a pretty poor side but fucked it. Snuck through on penalties but still.

IWuaIFr.png

CSKA are going to coast to the league title, but we'll be in no danger of relegation and that's the main thing. 

November 2117

53iyKCn.png

I don't know why we only had one game this month, but it was a sensational result for us. They could've scored five or six goals, while we didn't have our first shot until added time in the second half.

Delightful.

myxjdNi.png

I'm very happy with how our season is going.

December 2117

zSSVjy2.png

A great win sees us through to the cup semi final, with Carlos Neira scoring again.

After that, it was a couple of crap draws followed by some fantastic wins. Etar were completely outplayed, while Ludogorets did help us out by going down to ten early on. But still, a really good month.

IwFrrlS.png

And that sees us continue to sit fairly high in the league.

Time for the winter break so that's us till February. 

February 2118

3bZQqYY.png

A few outgoings. I wanted to keep Zdravkov but they met his release clause. The others aren't much of a loss

But with one of the few centre halves I have away, I needed to bring one in. Step forward Petko Georgiev, for 4.7 million from Slavia Sofia. Has the makings of a very solid centre half for us, is Bulgarian and young. A very good tackler and extremely brave. I like the boy.

Spoiler

IdFJdfY.png

2Re8E2c.png

Two great performances, especially beating Tsarkso selo so comprehensively. We fought back to beat Lokomotiv Plovdiv well, but Levski played well to beat us. Very annoying given they're down the bottom of the table.

gMyfgXW.png

But we sit fourth. It's very tight in the top six, but we do have a wee lead on 7th so should be good for the top six. 

March 2118

YVSYeGX.png

A great couple of results, and then the final game against Beroe we had a complete nightmare of a first half and were three down. We also really didn't do enough in the Septemvri game to win that - seven points was a decent result for the month though.

vU3XlgU.png

CSKA already have the league wrapped up, and we're in the top three.

We're in the top six for definite though, which is some result, and we're still in the hunt for European football. 

April 2118

UsgHrjN.png

The semi final ties were mad. Just two teams abandoning tactics and having a big silly kick about. We were 3-0 up in the first leg, which would've totally killed it, before letting them back in, but got the job done regardless - helped in no small part by them giving us three penalties. 

Unfortunate in the Botev Plovdiv game, and we were 2-0 up against CSKA, but to be fair they are a great side. A really good win against Ludogorets though.

PC81Fa7.png

We're currently second in the league with two games left, but it's extremely tight in the top five. We're still to play Arda and Lokomotiv, so I think we have a good chance.

We also have the cup final to look forward to - a game against CSKA-Sofia. 

Bulgarian Cup Final - May 2118

It's a first ever cup final for us, while our opponents will be making their 103rd appearance in one. So, as is often the case, we're massive underdogs. They've already coasted to the league title, and looking to make it a double.

Spoiler

GThi3S0.png

Which they duly did.

Put my hands up here, we just got beaten by a better side than we are. No complaints, they deserved it

Just need to hope we can grab Europe through the league. 

Transfers 2118

BE7yMxn.png

D19wlrZ.png

Some outgoing players. I would've kept Sanchez but he's the least important of the non-EU players, so can't get into the squad and there's no point keeping him around for ages. A good couple of loans out as well.

3lZzT6O.png

I have spent an absolute fortune this summer, and I really hope it's worth it.

Hristo Kamenov is a young Bulgarian striker, who inexplicably came through at a Chinese club. He does, however, look excellent. Great technique, great movement and a good finisher as well. He has an awful lot to like about him.

Spoiler

r9FllsR.png

Sasho Pavlov is a good centre half, who can cover at left back. He's great positionally, but not that good at the other bits, although he can pass. He does, however, bring a good bit of experience to a backline that lacked it.

Spoiler

hByflOf.png

Ivo Kovachev is a back-up goalkeeper. Gospodinov went away on loan to actually play some games, so I brought in Kovachev who is actually better than him, so that works. Won't play too much anyway. 

Spoiler

FJLCN7y.png

Iliyan Zanev is a centre half, and he's a very good one for the level that we're at. He can do all the basics really well, and - despite costing me a fair bit - I'm really pleased with him.

Spoiler

QLTo9IU.png

Toni Zuvela is someone I've spent a fortune on, but I hope to f**k he's worth it. An attacking midfielder, only 18 years old, but is already one of the best technical players in my squad, and such good vision and flair already. Should slot into what was a weak point in my team very nicely.

Spoiler

xOlEYKj.png

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - July 2118

Spoiler

BiegiLs.png

An excellent start, and a lovely way to sign off for Yordanov who left the club the next day. Their early goal gave me a scare, but we came back into it well and should be fine for the next round. 

Spoiler

93S8ZGU.png

Well, we lost but we made it through, so no big deal.

Not the best of performances, but it'll do given we're into the next round.

oLNlgxN.png

PAOK are a good team. They have a guy that won the Europa league and the Premier League playing up front. We still have a chance though.

Europa Conference League - Third Qualifying Round - July 2118

Spoiler

podS2HP.png

A great result, and an even better performance. Kamenov repaid his transfer fee in this game with a goal and an assist, while 16 year old Valeri Kovachev put the icing on the cake late on.

Second leg still to come, but we're in control here.

Spoiler

ja5CP6i.png

Never in any danger there, and we go marching on to the playoff round. Nenov was sensational in this game, and is really growing into being a vital part of the team at right wing.

LmjgNMI.png

And we'll be paying my old club a visit in Romania.