Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

May 2123

zFM2Sdd.png

Average stuff for the final month of the season. Olarte's goal in the Istra game was a screamer, but other than that it was a deeply boring end to the season essentially.

wzK0lYe.png

Rijeka found form at exactly the right time, which means that they're in Europe rather than us, but it's been a productive season. 

Transfers 2123

y3fzTgL.png

jEg2ds2.png

gLznYlr.png

Quite a lot of outgoings, again, as I continue my overhaul of a nonsense squad. A number of the guys out on loan are ones I would have rather went permanently, but so be it. Particularly glad to be rid of Bajraktarevic and the nearly 40 grand a week I was paying him to sit on a bench. Mental.

beAvbg2.png

ayJvIyX.png

And that's the incoming players.

Tibor Fumic is a young player with a lot of potential. I've signed him from newly promoted Inter Zapresic for a lot of money, and he's a defensive player who can play either at the back or in midfield. I'll be playing him in midfield as he's only 5'9, and I don't think he's quite good enough at defending to play at central defence. Nevertheless, for 18 years old he has a lot to like about him, and slots straight into my first team.

Spoiler

egNN6sE.png

John O'Connor joins us from Rangers, and is a striker. He never quite made the breakthrough there, only playing three times, but he did have loan spells at Raith and St Mirren in the Championship. He looks excellent in the box with his finishing, first touch and movement, and just generally there's a lot I like about him.

Spoiler

On9HRRP.png

Thomas Clemente is a great player. At 27, he's barely played any football having been at Inter for a long time and then not quite making the grade at Hacken, but he's going to be playing an awful lot for me. He can play on either wing, is comfortable with both feet, and loves to cut in. I'm really excited about him.

Spoiler

aXiPSkI.png

Alexandros Stamatopoulos is a central or attacking midfielder, and he's really here to provide a bit of depth to the squad. He's a good player, particularly technically, and will come off the bench a lot but I wouldn't expect him to be starting all that often.

Spoiler

WBSQMZk.png

And lastly, a guy in a similar boat is Dominik Kolodziejczyk - a Polish winger. You may remember him tearing it up in Bulgaria for my Botev Vratsa side. Well, I've signed him again and it's largely because he's a good guy to have in the squad since he's very adept on either wing - not a starter, but will play plenty of games for me.

Spoiler

H6rbyCy.png

July 2123

JuqJ3R3.png

A genuinely remarkable start to the season. We've humped Gorica, a side who were well ahead of us last year, drawn with Dinamo who are obviously miles ahead of everyone, and continued our form with a good win against Varazdin.

Clemente, as I expected, has also started brilliantly.

9qoJHB7.png

It puts us top, for now, although we've played more games than most. 

August 2123

yGf8wh5.png

This si shaping up to be a ridiculously good season.

We came back brilliantly against Hajduk, and haven't looked back. I particularly enjoyed the Osijek game - 1-0 at half time and then we just blew them away in the second half with five more goals. Lovely stuff.

Great to see John O'Connor up and running with the goals as well. Took him a few games to settle in but he's getting into it now.

NZNfKWU.png

Ridiculous. I think we'll fall away, but it's great to be up there, even if it is still early on. 

September 2123

Vvlvlnc.png

We simply don't concede many goals.

Fumic has added a few goals, which is lovely to see, and we're just grinding out wins. A second string side were good enough for the lower league side in the cup too.

Unfortunately, started picking up a few injuries now, which would be tricky.

7h6lchG.png

This season is incredible. We already have a points total that will be more than enough to stay up, which was my target for the season, and it's been 10 games.

October 2123

weDUtJk.png

The winning run came crashing to a halt. 4-0 was harsh to be honest, there was two goals scored by them in the final few minutes. Hajduk were also thoroughly deserving of humping us.

Back on track against Varazdin and a decent enough point against Osijek.

LsaGPCK.png

Still in second. Dinamo will run away with it, again, but we should be a good position to be next best. Or somewhere around there.