Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Croatian Cup Final - May 2124

Spoiler

pFWBTMN.png

Fucking penalties man.

We played really, really well. Deserved the lead when we took it. and deserved the equaliser when we got it as well. They're an excellent team, unfortunately, as we'd have beaten every other team in the country playing like we did.

A real shame, but we're getting closer to silverware at some point. 

Transfers 2124

87NmdPu.png

oSV4Grj.png

PcJhmDD.png

A pretty huge turnover in my squad, not all of which I really wanted. Tibor Fumic was only here for a season, but was very good while he was here. Agnew was a decent player, but I punted him (and some others) to raise the funds for some other signings. And Muller and Bockaj were decent squad options, but on too much money and not quite good enough for where I want to be going.

SjPZQJw.png

Josip Grubisic is a squad option in central midfield. He's a good passer, and technically good but he's not quite good enough really. Even still, he'll be able to come into the team and do a job when needed.

Spoiler

Nr7BXfQ.png

Ahmad Perusko is an attacking midfielder. He'll compete with Olarte for a starting spot. He's another very technical player, but he also has the mentality and physical attributes to be a very useful player for us. He's probably short of the ability required for us to compete with Dinamo, but is a good player for us.

Spoiler

dJT0OJR.png

Andrea Bastin is a left back who's here to be my first choice. Solid defensively, he's not great in terms of delivery. His best quality is his ability and willingness to get up and down the park. Still, improves the squad.

Spoiler

KaDlPIJ.png

Tom Fletcher is here to bolster the squad. I'll be honest, there was a period of time that I had no money or wages to spend (before I sold Vincek and Agnew) and I signed him because I'm paying very, very little for him. Nothing special, but oh well.

Spoiler

uEy7cwr.png

Sinisa Arsic is the big money signing. He's a Montenegrin international striker. Strong, quick, great touch, great finishing. He has an awful lor of really good attributes, and I think he'll be vital to winning the league (when it comes).

Spoiler

NeWXB55.png

Mile Soldo is a centre half or right back, and he's here for the same reason that Tom Fletcher is.

Spoiler

MXKWXJH.png

Lazar MIttelu is the Fumic replacement. Another great passer, and he has a good long shot on him which I'm hoping will lead to a couple of lovely moments a season. Still only 22 as well.

Spoiler

9QMvS3T.png

Mustafa Bayir is a young striker, who completes my strikerforce with Arsic. He's not quite as good as him, but he's a good player - better than anything I had last season - and he'll offer us a good option off the bench.

Spoiler

bMzYmF0.png

July 2124

WAh7S2L.png

A decent enough start to the season. Disappointing to drop points at Rijeka, but oh well.

WAk5UZk.png

Early league table

Oh, and we're playing Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League qualifiers, but I forgot to screenshot it. 

Posted (edited)

Champions League - Third Qualifying Round - August 2124

Spoiler

gdWNBh1.png

A phenomenal start to proceedings going 2-0 up within 5 minutes. The rest of the game was much more even, but we managed to grab an extra couple of goals which should see us through, despite them mounting a bit of a comeback. They'd need to win by three clear goals to go through.

Spoiler

zE0vlEf.png

And an absolutely nothing match sees us through comfortably. I'd have liked to put on a show for the home crowd, but I'll take this happily.

t208yrV.png 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Champions League - Playoff Round - August 2124

Spoiler

WHtUhVJ.png

A quick start again, and a strong finish with Arsic getting his first couple of goals for the club. This was also Conor Agnew's final appearance for the club, and he did really well so thanks for that. Puts us in a very strong position to get to the group stages, which would be some feat.

Spoiler

oS7mY5F.png

Well, ultimately we've made it through and that's what really matters. We weren't great here, but we didn't need to be in the end.

I'm under no illusions that we'll be cannon fodder in the group stages, but it's worth 13 million quid to us so I'm fine with that.

September 2124

First thing, I was ridiculously short in defence so I've made another move into the transfer market. There weren't an awful lot of centre halves available on a free, and most of them weren't up to much, so welcome to Petko Georgiev. He was on the books at my Botev Vratsa side, but never quite made it a s a first choice, and he categorically won't be a first choice here. He's on a contract for this season only, and won't be getting extended, but he'll be an emergency cover. Defensively solid enough, and means I'm not playing 16 year olds with no chance of making it.

Spoiler

WgHAxWz.png

cYb9SRB.png

Not the best of months. The Dinamo result was absolutely what they deserved, 6-1 did not flatter them in any way. I expected that we'd be thrashed in Europe, and we were. The other league games were fine, but nothing special,

HgfWefg.png

We're still third, but under no circumstances will we be winning the league.

4V5TR6C.png

And we're going to be getting dumped out of Europe by Christmas. 

October 2124

QpIjyGn.png

Rudes have our number so far this season, which is very frustrating, but other than that and a last minute goal for Osijek, we had a decent month. We have a champions league goal as well, which is lovely stuff.

zv22Srw.png

If we can pick up form a bit, then we're in with a shout. Dinamo (by their standards) aren't having a great season.

GhStPsG.png

We're out. Oh well.

November 2124

SL0lWPc.png

f**king Hajduk Split man.

We got a very good result against Dinamo, where we were unlucky not to win, and also were about 90 seconds from picking up our first Champions League point. But Hajduk Split have singlehandedly made it a poor month by dumping us out the cup and cuffing us in the league too.

Sakes.

fTpATAs.png

We're now 9 points behind the top two.

5XdS6GY.png

A proper Rangers of a performance from us. 

December 2124

jVs5T4r.png

Mixed, I would say. 

Real Madrid did give us an absolute pumping, but just didn't take many of their numerous chances. A win and a loss in the league isn't ideal, but it happens.

i1pdju4.png

I need to pick up a bit of form after the winter break, with the aim of just securing another top three finish and European football. I do have some reinforcements coming in already, but more needed it seems.

HrFp8Ds.png

And we're simply not good enough for this

Posted (edited)

January 2125

ItjlsbS.png

Transfer window opened, and I set about clearing out some guys I didn't want to bring in the funds required for some positive additions.. I was amazed that I got 3 million for Stamatopoulos, but will take it.

kvGFTv9.png

And so far we've brought in three.

Octavio Hernandez joins us from Mexican giants Club America, and looks fantastic. A very quick right winger, with good, if not exceptional, technical attributes. He has a decent enough record from his time in the Mexican top flight, and there were bigger clubs than us having a look at him, so I'd assume we're a stepping stone for him, but I'll accept that.

Spoiler

451gKYh.png

John Kidd is a right back, and he's intended to be my long term solution there. He isn't quite ready yet to make that spot his own, but I think he has a good bit of potential to do so. His main strengths are, again, his physicality, but he isn't to bad on the ball either.

Spoiler

VE5VHoJ.png

And lastly, we have left winger Matej Ribicic joining on loan. He's a very similar player to Hernandez, but at only 19 looks as though he could go on to have a great career. Gives us a lot of pace in the side now, which is lovely to see.

Spoiler

yecNDiu.png

AyVzy8x.png

And that form is much more like it. All my new signings off the mark as well, including a 30 yarder from Kidd for his first career goal.

If we can keep this up, we'll be in European competitions next season, which is really the aim now with us being out the cup, and probably too far behind Dinamo.

EdaPGAK.png

That's how it looks with a fair bit left to go. Dinamo have three games in hand, which they'll probably win, so it's actually a much bigger gap to the top than it looks. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

February 2125

n1jERuN.png

A good start, with a great result against Hajduk, but then some really poor results against the poorer sides in the league to finish the month off. If we were genuine title challengers, we'd be winning those games.

u86ZGK6.png

Twelve points behind top, but we're eleven clear of fourth so that's good.

May 2125

JOGEENW.png

And two wins to see us out, including an extremely rare win against DInamo - I think that might be my first win against them, but I haven't checked.

mAmJs6o.png

We're just waiting on the cup final to confirm the Europa League spot - hopefully Hajduk get the job done. 

17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Five European qualifiers in a ten team league is some laugh. What does the coefficient table look like now?

I’ll get it later on, but it’s got a bit wild.

Scotland had four teams in the Champions League knockouts last season.