Stupid Things Players and Managers Say

1 hour ago, CO2000 said:

Aberdeen, Milne?

I think milne originally wanted them preserved but changed pretty quickly to go with what fans wanted. 

He did preserve the structure for a duopoly. God knows why. Maybe he thought we could take rangers place. Maybe he just didn't trust the diddies judgement post setanta. 

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He was the only fucking Jonah as far as Coventry were concerned. Spaffed huge amounts on random no-marks, and ended a 40-something year spell in the top flight. They'll almost certainly never return.

I never met him: I started covering Coventry about six months after he left, but the other press guys I worked with, to be fair, did all think he was good value. Just a shame he's a terrible manager of football clubs and a regular spouter of complete shite. 

Edit: just found this on the Guardian from 19 (nineteen!) years ago, which sums up Gordon Strachan quite neatly:

image.png.2637710b9ba22d4246dc0686a7dee1ea.png

Didn't he keep you up a few times when relegation looked likely though?

I'm probably miles out, but I'm sure he kept them up by winning on the last day at Spurs or Arsenal once.

• 2 weeks later...